Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“After threatening and harassing me ever since he doxxed me on my birthday in 2019, Tesla short-seller Aaron Greenspan has now filed a lawsuit against me and Elon Musk.

This legal defense fund will be used to defend against Aaron Greenspan's frivolous lawsuit and bring light to the unlawful conduct of Tesla short sellers like Greenspan.

I don't expect anything from anyone, but if you want to chip in thank you so much for reducing the burden on myself and my family. I can never thank you enough.

Even one dollar helps. I appreciate you all a lot

–– Omar Qazi”

https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/status/1280207217325510656?s=21

apparently Greenspan has already begun doxxing donors to Omar’s defense fund.

I am not familiar with their real name so can't figure out their history. But I get some flashback of them being famous shorts or long at some point and some incident.

I'll be happy to stand corrected, but at least it answers your question of when to sell: it doesn't really matter.. by rolling up you replace your calls by cheaper ones, so you can buy more contracts or you pocket the difference as a way of taking profit.. Either way you remain in the game if the SP keeps rising.. And by buying an expiry six months or further, they're kind of long as well, so a temporary dip has time to correct with theta to spare..

Edit: e.g. last Thursday, I replaced two calls 1280 jan 2021 with four 1880 jan 2021, with still left me 9k in cash, from which I bought 5 shares.. These four 1880's doubled in value in the meantime.. (So I sold one and bought 10 more shares..) It would not have mattered a lot on thursday when exactly I made the switch..
Edit2: as long as you switch while it plateaus a little..

Yeah, I had 4x Jan 2021 c875, which I "rolled" to June 2022 c1250 for $100k. I don't see much point in selling them. If the SP goes to $4k in the next two years, they're worth $1m, may as well leave them, unless I see potential for a dip and possible lower re-entry.

One of the ggr's, or Stealth..maybe Dodger... Is this 10 million shares of trading in the 1.5hrs of opening MM's selling to lower the stock? and if it is is it being bought up by institutions that will hold it "forever." And if that is true does this weaken the ability of MM's to continue to manipulate the stock by them just not being able to find shares to sell any longer unless they move the stock up which would be counter to their goal?
(I am just hoping all the above is true)

Tesla (TSLA) gets $2,070 bullish price target after Monday rally

Tesla has officially received a bullish $2,070 valuation estimate from Morgan Stanley after the automaker’s stock rose 13.48%, or $162.92, on July 6.

Morgan Stanley analysts called the Monday rally “extraordinary” in a letter to investors. The financial firm’s previous price target for TSLA stock was $1,200.

But I recognize that TSLA isnt normal. I truly believe it will go above $5000 in the next 4 to 5 years.

You just made my case right there.

I say especially with a company like Tesla because they are more like likely than most to grow to full potential, they are in multiple sectors that are likely to be "hot" for the next two decades or longer, and they have unpredictable volatility since they are valued so much higher than can be justified by their current revenue/profit streams. That last reason is key. The stock will make wild and unpredictable moves while searching for it's "home" and you don't want to get stopped out of your position due to the first two reasons I mentioned.

“After threatening and harassing me ever since he doxxed me on my birthday in 2019, Tesla short-seller Aaron Greenspan has now filed a lawsuit against me and Elon Musk.

This legal defense fund will be used to defend against Aaron Greenspan's frivolous lawsuit and bring light to the unlawful conduct of Tesla short sellers like Greenspan.

I don't expect anything from anyone, but if you want to chip in thank you so much for reducing the burden on myself and my family. I can never thank you enough.

Even one dollar helps. I appreciate you all a lot

–– Omar Qazi”

https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/status/1280207217325510656?s=21

apparently Greenspan has already begun doxxing donors to Omar’s defense fund.
The phrase "punchable face" comes to mind for some reason.

Tesla has officially received a bullish $2,070 valuation estimate from Morgan Stanley after the automaker’s stock rose 13.48%, or $162.92, on July 6.

Morgan Stanley analysts called the Monday rally “extraordinary” in a letter to investors. The financial firm’s previous price target for TSLA stock was $1,200.
I estimate that Jonas will continue to be wrong on the SP by a range of 0% to 10,000%. I'll collect my mid 6 figure salary now thanks.

Dear Clients(a.k.a fools),

Previously we advised you to sell. During that time we bought all your shares.
We now recommend buying as we are bullish and have a 2K price target.

Sincerely,

Your Stock Advisor.
(We always are worried about you).

One of the ggr's, or Stealth..maybe Dodger... Is this 10 million shares of trading in the 1.5hrs of opening MM's selling to lower the stock? and if it is is it being bought up by institutions that will hold it "forever." And if that is true does this weaken the ability of MM's to continue to manipulate the stock by them just not being able to find shares to sell any longer unless they move the stock up which would be counter to their goal?
(I am just hoping all the above is true)

I don't have a strong opinion on that except to say the action (volume and volatility) doesn't send any obvious messages to me other than normal volatility and price discovery of a stock like Tesla. There is a huge range of perspectives out there on how much is Tesla is worth going forward but many of them come from a position of ignorance. So it's not surprising the price bounces around a lot and I'm completely comfortable with $100 or $200 dollar price swings.

For what it's worth, I think the average TSLA prospects as put forth by this forum puts the financial industry's analysis of Tesla's future to shame. If anything, I think this board might be too conservative when it comes to projecting Tesla's likely achievements over the next several years (and not by a small amount). This forum (myself included) seems too focused on the auto side of Tesla's business. I get that it's difficult to project energy and solar with so little to go on at this stage but it's a bet on Musk doing what he said he would do. I think you have to throw in some value for that even though it's not very well defined.

As to manipulation, I'm not too worried about that. All stocks have some manipulation around the edges and yet, people can still buy or sell the stock if they they think it's under/over valued. In the end it doesn't matter much to a long-term investor. I would be more incensed if I were an active trader because it gives the "boys in the club" at an advantage. Wherever there is money at stake, people will try to scalp it.

Last edited:
Looks like the air is getting let out of one over hyped stock.

Screenshot (10).png