Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I don't get.

Market valuation is NOT about the quantity of a given product you sell.

If I sell a billion pencils and break even, all I've done is put in a lot of hard work with nothing to show for it.
If my friend down the road sells 100 pencils and makes $3 total...well, at least he's $3 richer.

Who's worth more? The guy with the $3.
Depends how much salary you paid yourself...;-)

If I sell a billion pencils and break even, all I've done is put in a lot of hard work with nothing to show for it.
If my friend down the road sells 100 pencils and makes $3 total...well, at least he's $3 richer.

Especially when there is a clear path for the guy with $3 to start making $30, then $100, then $300, etc while the other's hugeness makes it near impossible to pivot into where the industry is headed.

Someone should tell them Ford's long history is completely irrelevant to the future.

Be careful. According to Karen, Greenspan is doxxing Omar’s contributors.

What a tool.
https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus/status/1280456905907896325?s=21

I don't particularly hide online so who cares. I gave Omar $100 same a @ggr

Greenspan is a bottom-dweller, filter-feeder, short-seller that became the darling of $TSLAQ because he paid for access to sites with legal documents and thus proclaims himself the champion on the people by publishing stuff on Twitter.

He does all this behind a facade of being a "charity". Russ Mitchell, the idiotic "reporter" from LA Times has donated to Greenspan's cause.

Personally I think he should marry Lokosky, they'd make a great couple... They're both foul.

Follow these links at your own risk - have a sick-bag ready and take a shower afterwards:

https://twitter.com/PlainSite

https://twitter.com/MelaynaLokosky

Nah, you get it just fine. It's that guy who doesn't.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Looked up how much for a protective put. As expected, crazy expensive!

upload_2020-7-7_11-36-10.png

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
I regret not putting more into TSLA when I started following in the mid to high 100s.
Not like all the people who heard our story and bought nothing. I've got some seriously regretful friends right now that I've been preaching to since 2016. One just asked me how to buy options. Some said "I should buy some", but never did. Others still deny it's happening. Well... that just happened, and I don't regret a single decision. In late 2019, I was still talking about cashing in when it broke through $300. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected such a continuous stream of new technology out of Tesla to keep justifying further engagement to this day. Ya I pulled out a bit... so it's a girl not a boy. Nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Not like all the people who heard our story and bought nothing. I've got some seriously regretful friends right now that I've been preaching to since 2016. One just asked me how to buy options. Some said "I should buy some", but never did. Others still deny it's happening. Well... that just happened, and I don't regret a single decision. In late 2019, I was still talking about cashing in when it broke through $300. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected such a continuous stream of new technology out of Tesla to keep justifying further engagement to this day. Ya I pulled out a bit... so it's a girl not a boy. Nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Spike!
Dip.
Spike!
Walk it dooooooown all afternoon.

Same thing, different day. And they wonder why this loaded spring periodically explodes.

That's all right. It allowed me to get an extra free share by selling 100 then buying back 101 for the same money. I'd love to be able to do that every trading day.

Note: I only play with my smaller TFSA account (tax-free, so no worry about tax implications on the trades),
my main account is HODL.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
You got some disagrees on this (I assume because folks are worried about dilution and its effect their personal net worth) but this would ACTUALLY move forward the mission of the company. They need scale AND they need a sub $30,000 car if they really want to 'accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy'. I hear almost no talk of a sub $30,000 car (unless they can get the model 3 there). Unfortunately capital cost is the number one framer of a buying decision. Lower operating and maintenance costs, unfortunately, cannot / does not influence a lot of buyers. In other words you have to be decently well off to save money.

You hear almost no talk from whom?

Elon said at the opening of Giga Shanghai that a cheaper World Car is coming from Tesla's new Chinese design center. Before that, Master Plan Part Deux said cheaper cars will be unnecessary when Tesla Network allows "almost anyone" to own a Tesla that pays for itself.

A race is on to see which of these two events will happen first. Either one will be a nuclear bomb on the auto industry and a Starship booster under the stock. When that happens, you will hear talk about it. :)

Last edited: