Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some of you dislike Fred, but:

https://electrek.co/2019/02/26/tesla-tsla-stock-regain-sec-overreaching-elon-musk-tweets/

Feels nice seeing someone print such a headline in favor of Tesla, rather than only highlighting the downward movements.
He's still feeding on volatility. As a long term shareholder, I consider him a problem because he's distracting Tesla from the company's mission by focusing on the daily stock movement. I understand he feel obliged to partake in the short-term market game with his news reports, but he's still contributing to the problem.

Maybe they have picked up one of the Ford or GM factories in the US for free?

It's definitely not going to be the Model Y review, it makes no sense to reveal it now as Long Range and P3s are being rolled out around the world. I think it must be one of the following:
1. A new US factory
2. Unveiling of the short range Model 3 (not sure it would make sense to give too much publicity for this either unless they need people to start ordering the $35k versions now because of demand issues)
3. The US autonomous driving trip with associated chip and hardware announcement

And he changed it again...
zRPrqs1r_400x400.jpg

What was Elon's interim Twitter profile picture?

Volvo's answer to Model 3. From its(going forward) all BEV sub brand Polestar.

Polestar 2. The official reveal begins in about an hour

polestar-2-exterior-5-1-e1551250074606.jpg

I can already tell you just from looking at it that its aero is subpar. Assuming that it doesn't radically change, that's going to mean A) a disproportionately large battery relative to range (cost, weight), and B) longer times spent at a charger to go a given distance.

I don't know any high-powered, creative lawyers, but there's definitely selective enforcement going on here; nobody likes that.

Any lawyers here? We could file an amicus brief as stockholders stating that the '500k' tweet was not material information and noting that the SEC's actions have been harming stockholders by distorting the public perception of the company. I think the judge would take notice.
Erin Brockovich?

@Fact Checking I really hope your right. I hope the judge throws the book at the SEC. What gives me pause is why the Tesla lawyers didn't make this case with the SEC, and if they did, why then is the SEC still pursuing. Are either the Tesla or SEC lawyers truly that incompetent or are we missing something here?
If you tell them your strategy, they will have more time to come up with counter arguments.

Volvo's answer to Model 3. From its(going forward) all BEV sub brand Polestar.

Polestar 2. The official reveal begins in about an hour

polestar-2-exterior-5-1-e1551250074606.jpg
As EV fanboys and girls, you would think that we would have some level of interest in this. Tesla killer concern as dissipated to something like 1%. Interest in other EVs is almost zilch. Genuine AP/FSD path, battery specs and fart modes etc. together add up to a force so powerful that it sweeps everything ahead of it.

Don't worry about me - I'm just having a moment.... Apart from the SP, things are playing out just as we hoped they would for Tesla.

Our dreams are being realised!

That's my take too: the convertible notes were dilutive, and were possibly used by short sellers too. 3:59 EST 1:59pm PST tomorrow is the last VWAP pricing minute that decides the March 1 conversion price. If it's below $360 then note holders get cash.

Just one hour later: Elon's "Tesla something" event.

I'm bullish too.

Coast-to-coast FSD demo secured?

Or some gigantic merger or partnership?

I'm still wondering about this recent tweet:

Elon Tusk on Twitter

"Fate *loves* irony. Frankly, too much."​

I think this is related to tomorrow's event, not the SEC action. Is "Tesla Something" = "Tesla GM Pickup"?

I think most likely it will be launch of AP3 hardware with significant new software capabilities (traffic lights, signs or remote summon).

It could also be launch of Supercharger V3, possibly with release of SR Model 3.

I think there is an outside chance of a significant M&A/JV transaction. A merger with GM could be considered ironic, given GM's destruction of the EV1 helped drive Tesla in the first place. Rather than a merger, a huge new 50-50 JV between Tesla and GM to hold all of GM's future EV business could be possible, particularly given the rumours of partnership on Pickup and GM seemingly pulling out of their Rivian investment.

If you tell them your strategy, they will have more time to come up with counter arguments.

Yes, and several other reasons as well:
  • They will make fewer mistakes if they know your strategy.
  • Until you narrow down your strategy they'll have to do due diligence for every possible legal theory and approach. This increases the cost, slows the opponent down and induces more errors.
  • Keeping certain legal pathways open also narrows down the options of the opponent.
This is also why lawyers ask client to not speak about the case and the facts surrounding it without counsel present. Ever. Under any circumstance. (In that sense I'm sure Tesla counsel cringed when they saw Elon's tweet in reply to the conference call transcript.) Admitting to and volunteering even innocent seeming facts limits the trial complexity for your opponent, so they can use more resources to hurt you elsewhere.

This is really a basic trial strategy: if you are not trying to settle or resolve a dispute then volunteer nothing you don't have to and be as obtuse as possible, as long as it's within the rules and doesn't tick off the judge.

I.e. be CuriousSunbird up to the key filing when you suddenly change into KarenRei and pounce.

Rather than a merger, a huge new 50-50 JV between Tesla and GM to hold all of GM's future EV business could be possible, particularly given the rumours of partnership on Pickup and GM seemingly pulling out of their Rivian investment.

That's a very interesting possibility as well - and would explain yesterday's huge TSLA accumulation volume as well, on a day when everyone expected a falling knife.

• Informative
Reactions: PANN