Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is Sept 2020, not Sept 2021

Whoops - wrong year, at my age it all blurs into one... Here, 2021 (slightly higher premiums :oops:):

upload_2020-7-8_16-38-48.png

Europe: Average CO2 emissions from new cars and new vans increased again in 2019

According to provisional data, published today by the European Environment Agency (EEA), average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from new passenger cars registered in the European Union (EU), Iceland, Norway and the United Kingdom (UK), increased in 2019, for the third consecutive year. The average CO2 emissions from new vans also increased slightly. Zero- and low-emission vehicles must be deployed much faster across Europe to achieve the stricter targets that apply from 2020.

Source: Average CO2 emissions from new cars and new vans increased again in 2019

Data table explorer: Monitoring of CO2 emissions from passenger cars

The only thing I can conclude about the spiky-spike-spike pattern is that someone (short MMs?) is trying to initiate a cascade of stop loss sales, but institutions and retail investors keep buying up the dips. Any other theories on why we're seeing this wild, high frequency spiking going on but staying in generally the same trading range?
IF that is happening the MM's are not only screwed for this Friday, but they are using up all their ammo with no way to recover it. Once it goes to the institutions that could be squirreling it away for S&P 500 inclusion it is *gone*. right?
Then what happens to the MM's? They move on to the next target? And TSLA moves in relation to more honest influences.

Reactions: Nocturnal
A point regarding robotaxis:
Its not an all/nothing proposition. I will alwwyas own my own car, mostly because I lvie in a super-remote area. But I'd still *buy* a robotaxi, because I like the idea of it driving me home drunk from restaurants...
And when I do travel to a city, I'll likely use robotaxis to get around, because it saves the hassle of parking.
And imagine this:

You drive to the school to drop your kids off, then on to work. Around 3pm, your car goes off to pick up the kids and take em home, then comes back to your office ready for your drive home. Your kdis will behave on the drive home because of that cool internal camera.

I reckon even with true FSD, a lot of people will still own their own car, but that doesnt mean the FSD robotaxi element of it is not being used (and that it adds to the value of the car dramatically).
The killer application for me is medium haul travel in the US. Right now if I want to visit FL I can drive 17 hours (meh) or pay for 3 plane tickets ($600-$2k), and a rental car ($500). Or once we have full FSD I can load the car up, watch a few movies. Stop for dinner while the car charges, get back in and wake up in FL. (presumably waking up a few times on the way but still). Bam. Avoided the TSA, flight delays, Covid-23 (you know it's gonna happen) and I have my own car with my own crap in it.

I'd easily pay 20k for this functionality right now.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1280597571459833863?s=21

In case you think Elon doesn’t care about share price:

“Long-term purpose of my Tesla stock is to help make life multiplanetary to ensure it’s continuance. The massive capital needs are in 10 to 20 years.”

Preach Brother. “Massive Capital”. I like the sound of that.

He may avoid looking day by day, but I'm sure he keeps score. If Tesla hits 2000 in the next year and Skynet goes live, he should be approaching 100 billion in 2021. from about 50 billion today.

Elon Musk’s Net Worth Is Up $20 Billion Since March As Tesla Stock Roars

I know everyone's getting all excited and frothy, but unless something dramatic happens, we're closing just below $1400 this week.

Yesterday was a fine example of the MM's capability - 20m shares traded, yet they capped the stock most of the day...
being at $1400 this Friday would be about as cool as it can be. But really, the big "coolness" to it would be the tens of millions of shares that would shift from the MM's to the S&P 500 index funds. Even big wells run dry.

IF that is happening the MM's are not only screwed for this Friday, but they are using up all their ammo with no way to recover it. Once it goes to the institutions that could be squirreling it away for S&P 500 inclusion it is *gone*. right?
Then what happens to the MM's? They move on to the next target? And TSLA moves in relation to more honest influences.

Perhaps we're just seeing an honest tug of war between those cashing in gains, and those who recognize there are more gains to come.

Europe: Average CO2 emissions from new cars and new vans increased again in 2019

According to provisional data, published today by the European Environment Agency (EEA), average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from new passenger cars registered in the European Union (EU), Iceland, Norway and the United Kingdom (UK), increased in 2019, for the third consecutive year. The average CO2 emissions from new vans also increased slightly. Zero- and low-emission vehicles must be deployed much faster across Europe to achieve the stricter targets that apply from 2020.

Source: Average CO2 emissions from new cars and new vans increased again in 2019

Data table explorer: Monitoring of CO2 emissions from passenger cars

So we Europeans need to buy more EVs. Should be good for Tesla. :cool:

The first horseman...
Aren't these the clowns that have a $295 PT on $TSLA? :confused:o_O

JPMorgan upgraded Nikola to overweight from neutral
JPMorgan upgraded the hybrid truck manufacturing company and said the stock is “starting to look attractive” for long-term investors.

Read more about this call here.

Capture.PNG

The killer application for me is medium haul travel in the US. Right now if I want to visit FL I can drive 17 hours (meh) or pay for 3 plane tickets ($600-$2k), and a rental car ($500). Or once we have full FSD I can load the car up, watch a few movies. Stop for dinner while the car charges, get back in and wake up in FL. (presumably waking up a few times on the way but still). Bam. Avoided the TSA, flight delays, Covid-23 (you know it's gonna happen) and I have my own car with my own crap in it.

I'd easily pay 20k for this functionality right now.
yeah I kind of thought about that 8 years ago...
Driverless Hotel Room Disruption... My thoughts from 8 years ago.