Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When CEO's like Tim Cook, and NVDA came on CNBC and give an interview a mth back, and disclosed that they will not meet guidance, and resulted is SP taking a big hair cut ... What times did those interviews happen?
Was it during market hours? If so wouldn't that be SEC violations as well?

Edit. How is posting on twitter any different that talking on CNBC? Is what i am trying to get at here ...
Which also means,CNBC should be banned during trading hours, or just stick to reporting market news ;)

Last edited:
My guess is they will reveal Supercharger V3. They already said that they plan to roll them out in early 2019 which would fit.
max. 250 kW
0-80% in 20 min
20-80% in 15 min

You heard it here first:p

Hehe, well, there's a lot we can't say, but at the very least we can say that's not going to happen. ;) At least not with Teslas currently on the road. The Model 3 pack for example is rated for a max of 525A, and there's some dispute as to whether the wiring is sufficient to deliver that. 180kW at low SoCs seems to be the highest "realistic" possible charging rate, and that doesn't mean that the charging curve will allow it.

Then again, that doesn't mean that the chargers themselves won't be capable of more (aka for future vehicles) :)

Polestar 2
78 kWh battery pack, pouch cells
500 km range WLTP

Mark my words - either its looks will significantly change, or that WLTP range will. ;)

$63k in 2020. Plans to make versions as cheap as $45k a year later. 300kW. 0-100kph in "under 5 seconds". 11" touchscreen, out on a pillar like Model 3's 15" screen. Phone-as-key. Glass roof.

Sounds like Volvo has half-heartedly set itself on competing with Tesla-in-2017 in the year 2020, and Tesla-in-2018 in the year 2021 ;)

ED: "Chinese-built Polestar 2"

Last edited:
Mark my words - either its looks will significantly change, or that WLTP range will. ;)

$63k in 2020. Plans to make versions as cheap as $45k a year later. 300kW. 0-100kph in "under 5 seconds". 11" touchscreen, out on a pillar like Model 3's 15" screen. Phone-as-key. Glass roof.

Sounds like Volvo has half-heartedly set itself on competing with Tesla-in-2017 in the year 2020, and Tesla-in-2018 in the year 2021 ;)

ED: "Chinese-built Polestar 2"
500 km WLTP on 78 kWh, versus 544 km WLTP on 75-80 kWh depending on how you count it for the Model 3 LR AWD? Eh.

Edit: So I originally had an extrapolated estimate of Model 3 LR RWD, then edited the post to have the LR AWD specs as the top Polestar 2 is AWD, forgetting to update it to say that I used the AWD spec...

Last edited:
500 km WLTP on 78 kWh, versus 544 km WLTP on 75-80 kWh depending on how you count it for the Model 3 LR RWD? Eh.

Model 3 with 20" non-aero wheels (like the pictured vehicle) wouldn't get near 544km WLTP if rated on its own in that config. And that pictured vehicle's aero is not just "not as good Model 3" (most EV vehicles are merely "not as good as Model 3", and thus get that sort of marginally-worse performance). That pictured vehicle's aero is "much worse than Model 3".

"Traditional" automakers always do this when unveiling some "sporty" new vehicle, and it's annoying as all get out, because nobody ever believes you when you tell them that either the design will significantly change, or the range will. And it does, 100% of the time.

Reactions: Scuttlebutt
To Boss Short:

Boss, my wife just found out her uncle back in Sicily, DID NOT cover his short position.

She has been crying and wailing all day. She thinks its my fault for not checking with his stock broker.

Anyway this Thursday could be a problem. Looks like Tesla will go up.
I need to hold it down for 24 hours.

Headline Shortsville Times

Tesla to announce early retirement on thursday at 2PM

Might even drop with a doozie like that.

Your Partner in Crime
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

I only caught the end of the Polestar stream.
Base Model EUR 39'900, with the loaded premium version [can't recall the precise name] going for 59'900.

As Rob said, it's not about usurping Tesla - this was your eponymous automotive-circus presentation after all.
They just have to remain somewhat ahead of the pack, and by all indications should manage that handily.

Volvo has had quite a string of successes under its new Chinese owners, who have granted the Swedes a lot of independence. I recall from Geneva 2018 that their [low] development costs/time for the new models was rather impressive too.

Will be seeing this one there on Tue.

Edit: does that yellow leather jacket come with the premium version?

Edit^2: Source stream
When I tuned in towards the end, around 5'400 people were watching.

Last edited:
So far just a me-too Model 3. They have copied every feature on the Model 3. Phone app entry, google maps.

78kWh battery. 500KM (310miles) WLTP range so will be less than Model 3.

Odd no car so far. Only pictures.

PoleStar 2 is a Liftback Sedan like Model S not a standard sedan like Model 3.

Dude in Yellow jacket says it will launch starting at 39.9k Euros. I guess that will be rear wheel drive. 59.9k Euros for Performance Dual Motor All Wheel Drive.

Production starts March 2020.

• Informative
Reactions: Sean Wagner
PoleStar 2 is a Liftback Sedan like Model S not a standard sedan like Model 3.

Dude in Yellow jacket says it will launch starting at 39.9k Euros. I guess that will be rear wheel drive. 59.9k Euros for Performance Dual Motor All Wheel Drive.

Production starts March 2020.

The articles I'm seeing is that only a more expensive version will be available from the launch in 2020 for the following 12 months.

Reactions: EinSV