Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla (TSLA) will be larger than 95% of the S&P 500 if it qualifies for the index | Teslarati.com

Make that 97% (and climbing): TSLA would enter the S&P 500 ranked at about #17 at current Market Cap of 262.167B (just passed NVDA).

Cheers!
Between 97% larger mkt cap and the buying implications for Inclusion In the S&P index , coupled
With the largest short interest , creates some serious buying pressure dynamics.

this dynamic still continues to overcome profit taking .

Once the short interest diminishes and the stock is included in the index,
Then valuation expectations might play a bigger role.

Stop it. You're the only one here who thinks "I'm confident" is a promise. Either we're a bunch of retards or you're reaching.
Pardon my French but this nonsense has gone on long enough.

I'm sorry you don't agree with the literal dictionary on what words mean...but that's really on you man.

"I am confident we will have at least regulatory approval somewhere, literally next year"

Fits the dictionary definition of a promise.

How does it personally harm you to admit facts like this, specifically?

He's literally said if it's something he hasn't done before you can't trust his word on how long things will take (Green cited this in his remarks).

Stop defending bullshit dates.

I'm beginning to think your purpose here is to disrupt the forum and attempt to sow discord.

Elon never said you can't trust "his word", that makes it sound like a promise. He has said his time estimates tend to be optimistic but that he's working on it.

Please drop it (or at least take it somewhere more appropriate).

Last edited:
I'm sorry you don't agree with the literal dictionary on what words mean...but that's really on you man.

"I am confident we will have at least regulatory approval somewhere, literally next year"

I haven't seen anyone at the altar saying "I'm confident everything the priest just said will happen"
Or how about "I'm confident I will not cheat on you again." Yeah, try that.
Promise is a concept, an abstract idea, and just like all concepts, it is not "a fact" and is open for interpretation based on one person's background. Based on your interpretation, I don't know where you're from but I sure as hell don't wanna go there.

it's Nikola Tesla's birthday
It's disrespect to the inventor on his BD with -4% net at the moment. Someone needs to step up :)

upload_2020-7-10_9-0-37.png

upload_2020-7-10_8-59-38.png

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and wipster
I'm beginning to think your purpose here is disrupt the forum and attempt to sow discord.

Dude- I've been here longer than you (and posted a lot more too).

You're just in the group of folks who attack anyone who presents any facts that could be read even slightly sidewise as at ALL critical of tesla or elon in ANY way as some batshit TSLAQ nonsense.

If you need to be irrational in defending the company you can't be rational in your investing decisions.

I
Elon never said you can't trust "his word",

Yes, he did.

He explained why his guesses tend to be so bad- and why it's stupidity- not malice- behind that.

(Ignorance is probably a better word- he's far from stupid, but often doesn't know how hard something is when he makes a date prediction about it- but he used stupidity)

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1281277530947887104/photo/1

Elon Musk said:
People should not ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by stupidity... So- so it's like, just because I'm, like, dumb at - at predicting dates does not mean I am untruthful. I don't know- I - we've - I never made a mass-produced car. How am I supposed to know with precision when it's gonna get done?

Now replace "made a mass-produced car" with "made finished full self driving" and the quote stands up exactly the same- and agrees with exactly what I've been telling you.

that makes it sound like a promise. He has said his time estimates tend to be optimistic but that he's working on it.

Please drop it (or at least take it somewhere more appropriate).

Someone else cited his recent "FSD REAL SOON NOW" video as evidence for higher stock prices.

I replied pointing out his promise dates on that topic are famously, historically, hilariously wrong and have been for years- so you probably should NOT price "FSD done" into your stock plans based on what he said.

if you wanna live in a fantasy land where every pie in the sky remark from Elon is 100% fact and you should base your financial choices on- you do you I guess.

But if you can't be factual and rational that's gonna turn out poorly for you.

PLEASE, give it a rest. If you distrust Tesla then sell.

Stop it. You're the only one here who thinks "I'm confident" is a promise. Either we're a bunch of retards or you're reaching.
Pardon my French but this nonsense has gone on long enough.

You know you made a good choice when you only see the response to a quoted post.

In other news, it seems like TSLA needs more volume to get through these levels. The anticipation is building, next week we could get GigaTexas confirmation. Anything else that would be news worthy prior to Q2 earnings?

Last edited:
You know you made a good choice when you only see the response to a quoted post.

In other news, it seems like TSLA needs more volume to get through these levels. The anticipation is building, next week we could get GigaTexas confirmation. Anything else that would be news worthy prior to Q2 earnings.

I don't know. It looks to me like the manipulators have been having to expend a lot of resources to keep a lid on TSLA and it might be about ready to get away from them.:eek:

I haven't seen anyone at the altar saying "I'm confident everything the priest just said will happen"
Or how about "I'm confident I will not cheat on you again." Yeah, try that.
Promise is a concept, an abstract idea, and just like all concepts, it is not "a fact" and is open for interpretation based on one person's background. Based on your interpretation, I don't know where you're from but I sure as hell don't wanna go there.

..what?

"I'm confident I will not cheat on you again" is a promise.

That someone made a promise is a fact-- even if they don't keep it.

Elon promised (again, check the dictionary if you're unclear) they'd have approval for robotaxis in at least some jurisdictions by end of 2020.

It's a fact he said that.

(Bonus points to the folks who ignored the half a dozen other broken promises cited to Elon about FSD to focus on this specific one for...some...weird...reason....)

Again- the entire point is you shouldn't factor in Elons FSD dates to any financial decisions you're making regarding the stock.

See also Greentheonlys recent posts on this thing (and he has access to the actual code running on the cars) which largely tell you the same facts I am.

Folks who keep insisting on making this some kinda personal thing really should go spend some of their TSLA cash on therapy.