Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? You think you can just show up out of the blue like this after such a long departure time (and no formal goodbye) and assume we’ll just forget you abandoned us?

BTW, nice SP, huh?

I was a bit annoyed with the mods here. So I just left. Turns out there isn't a delete profile option, which annoyed me even more.

But my absence has done wonders to both SPs - me and the stock price. :D

EdA0s0MUEAAOyLm

@LAexpress, looks like Claudia Assis read your post, as the article is now changed from "325 billion" to "around $280 billion"). I think without knowing it, she got a little bit ahead of herself and foresaw the future Market Cap of Tesla on after hours, July 22nd, hence the $320B in her original article. We are adding $50B then, right?

Market Caps go up and down and I was not suggesting she had an incorrect amount. Listing that Tesla was the largest AFTER was typical of the attitude of the entire article IMHO.

Can you recommend a particular title?
They basically stand alone. I've read the "1st" three Concider Phlebas, Player of Games, and Use of Weapons and enjoyed them all, even though the styles/ focus are different.

Market Caps go up and down and I was not suggesting she had an incorrect amount. Listing that Tesla was the largest AFTER was typical of the attitude of the entire article IMHO.

Yeah, that bugged me too. More like "after PASSING Toyota"

I was a bit annoyed with the mods here. So I just left. Turns out there isn't a delete profile option, which annoyed me even more.

But my absence has done wonders to both SPs - me and the stock price. :D

EdA0s0MUEAAOyLm

Looks like you were far too bearish when you picked the expiration and/or strike price to make any real money!

Also, if stock price really starts squeezing, options holders will start selling their options, allowing market makers to sell shares held as delta hedges.

WISE call holders will sell into a rally to buy shares or longer term calls to deleverage, but as we all know, for each wise investor, there are 2.3 unwise ones who’ll be buying even more:)

Can you recommend a particular title?

Just start at the beginning and work through, they're all great. So start with Consider Phlebas.

Many consider Player of Games the best, or possibly Excession. I rather liked Matter and his final novel The Hydrogen Sonata was just fabulous.

They're all good. Plus the two nearly-Culture novels, Inversions and Transition. The short stories The State of the Art is also fabulous. Not to mention Against a Dark Background, The Algebraist and Feersum Enjinn.

Damn, now I'm gong to have to re-read them all again!

Wow, been watching all the drone videos, and didn't even think they had started installing equipment!

I expect that this big model Y casting machine is located in the extension they built onto the stamping area of the existing building. This space has been closed in for a few weeks and is well ahead of the construction of the main model Y areas.

• Informative
Reactions: Nakata and JusRelax
Long time lurker but don't think I have posted here. Thanks, first of all, to all of the contributors to this thread. One thing I don't remember seeing as a potential catalyst to the many TSLA has in the near future is a Moody's upgrade to the bonds. It has to be forthcoming right?

EDIT: just looked....I have posted here lol.

Last edited:
I expect that this big model Y casting machine is located in the extension they built onto the stamping area of the existing building. This space has been closed in for a few weeks and is well ahead of the construction of the main model Y areas.

That machine looks very similar to the Model 3 stamping machine that was installed a year ago, except that the Model 3 stamping machine was enclosed in paneling when photographed.

Probably unrelated to the Giga Press.

tesla-gigafactory-3-stamping-press-1-2048x1015.jpg

Last edited:
One word: Tesla.

Do I win? :)

Yes indeed; buying Tesla, Inc. would solve his entire problem in one fell swoop. :D

However, I'd rather he didn't. Forced selling all at once would make my taxes humongous. In any event, I prefer to hold until the share price is at least $20,000. Then I'll just have to accept my tax hit. :cool:

Last edited: