Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hold several Jul-31, Aug, and Sep calls.
Are options expected to move upward if the stock moves upward in the next few days?
Or, is IV expected to still stay low even if stock moves upward?

You can think of “events”, eg ERs, investor days, P&D announcements, etc as adding the most volatility. Once those are crossed and become “known,” IV drops. If you don’t have a big rise in share price to offset the IV drop, your option contract depreciates significantly.

Reactions: reardencode
You can think of “events”, eg ERs, investor days, P&D announcements, etc as adding the most volatility. Once those are crossed and become “known,” IV drops. If you don’t have a big rise in share price to offset the IV drop, your option contract depreciates significantly.

Thank you. What does it take for the IV to go back up in the coming week/weeks, realistically, if at all? A very significant rise in the SP?

Zach:

Regulatory credit revenue increased sequentially to $428 million. While difficult to forecast precisely, our best estimate of 2020 credit revenue is roughly double that of 2019. Services and other margin improved yet again, marking the fifth sequential quarter of improvement.

2019 was:
85c78cf16a27b1065db23a8559876152.png

216+111+134+133 = 594

Estimated for 2020 double that, so 1188m. Tracks roughly well with 350m$ pr quarter from FCA.

Nice to know, so that means there will be similar tax credit revenue in the next two quarters. Very nice indeed.

But I've also seen the fake MMD recover a bit so they catch a few more fish.
They want my shares so bad, makes me clinch harder. I reviewed Hyper Change EC summary this morning. Ya 1% of everything is a lot considering R&D and growth are on full throttle. It's actually perfect.
One possible headwind short term is that the next big news (Battery day) is a ways out. So don't be surprised by bear "attempts" for weeks now. Ongoing news on innovation keeps it afloat until then.

I meant, back up to the level it was till yesterday.
How big a rise in SP does it take?

There is usually an IV drop after earnings. Yesterday I was seeing like 110%, right now at like 89%.
Look at BB, there is a big divergence since 6/30 with big jump in SP, but past few days prices are around 1600 range so there is BB convergence. A steep change in price will once again show as BB divergence, and we will also get higher IV. cheers!!

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy