Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Epic:

"Hi Greg. Thank you for your interest in the 2025 Audi e-tron GT. Your dealership is correct. This vehicle won't be available for purchase until 2025, You can receive updates regarding this vehicle here Audi e-tron® GT concept | Audi USA."​

Wow. I actually thought @KarenRei just made it up to make fun at the TMC suspense...

Audi will be needing a government bailout by that time...

But what about the S and X ordering is halted as well. New batteries? Eeven greater range?

Yeah..has to be greater range else why would they even bother with the suspense. My guesses are following:

1. AP3
2. Greater range ("420" miles or more on the refresh including M3, X and S - falls in line with SC version 3)
3. Partnership with another company (likely but not sure)

Reactions: replicant
I’d argue that honor would go to Model Y.
I disagree: not everyone knows about model Y, which is definitely something forpeople who actually follow Tesla.
But millions of people know that "Musk promised a 35000$ Tesla".

Update: But it's also true that HW3 + some major software upgrade regarding Autopilot could be the reason to stop also S and X sales.

Reactions: replicant
But, just a new hardware option that has no effect on existing AutoPilot functionality whatsoever?

If then they'd have to combine it with some cool new functionality.

Also, the "wait is almost over" would suggest something more substantial, such as the Standard Range model. (But then why stop S/X orders?)

A mystery! :D
New long range (400 mile) S/X using new battery chemistry but NOT new form factor (still 18650)? Along with simultaneous release of SR model 3? Along with Supercharger v3.0 announcement? And HW3? Is this too much to ask for?

So....if they are hoping to get SP high enough to make the bond repayment in stock, then maybe it does make sense to batch up several announcements at once and see if they can get it there.
Just the opposite. Elon doesn’t want dilution anymore, so these announcements had to wait untill the bonds were gone.

So....if they are hoping to get SP high enough to make the bond repayment in stock, then maybe it does make sense to batch up several announcements at once and see if they can get it there.
We're way past that (search previous post about price determination, I believe is volume weighted for N days before 1st March). Tesla is repaying with all cash.