Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWESOME!!! (IMHO)
Each stockholder of record on August 21, 2020 will receive a dividend of four additional shares of common stock for each then-held share, to be distributed after close of trading on August 28, 2020. Trading will begin on a stock split-adjusted basis on August 31, 2020.
"

So what goes on between Aug 21-28? It sounds like shares trade at current prices but you don't get the extra 4?

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: FrankSG and EVortex
Splits help retails investors (who do not do fractions) ...widens the base
Split helps S&P accumulate incognito
Playing options just got 5 times costlier :(

Congrats All!!

This doesn't do anything to help S&P funds accumulate - it actually makes it somewhat more difficult since the price will now be slightly more volatile. And options just got 5 times cheaper, not costlier.

Does Split (# of shares outstanding) make TSLA eligible for DOW as well now? Do we have two suitors now :)

Seems possible, but IMO not likely. The most expensive stocks I see on the DOW currently are Boeing at 345.02 and United Health at 303.98

upload_2020-8-11_14-18-40.png

This doesn't do anything to help S&P funds accumulate - it actually makes it somewhat more difficult since the price will now be slightly more volatile. And options just got 5 times cheaper, not costlier.
Are you familiar with this language? I was not expecting the "dividend" part. In a traditional split option holders would receive 5x as many options, they would all be valued at 1/5 of current, to be net neutral. Is this a traditional split?

Reactions: Christine69420

I think what @elasalle meant is that the fees to transact on TSLA options just got 5x more expensive.