Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious pre-pre-market "action", opens at $1664 and stays there - witnessed the same thing last week, Friday, I think it was sitting on $1638 for a couple of hours...

Good news that that volume looks decent, if we want the SP, we need volume.

View attachment 577301
Wondered about that myself. Now $1,673, much better. I like this trend.

Happy Monday everybody

Last edited:
Well there's the whale we were wondering about... Maybe they're front-running the S&P inclusion? Whatever, they'll surely make a tidy profit on those, same for Citadel, who loaded the truck in Q1.

15 minutes until pre-pre-market. Negative macro with Japan suffering it's "biggest economic slump on record", but why these things should be a surprise (like UK going in to recession), given what's happened, is beyond me.

Still, UK FTSE slightly green US tech futures up 0.5% right now - here's hoping for a Monster Monday.

Boothbay is a mistake in the data. They only own 4k TSLA shares, not 6M.

Citadel is a TSLA market maker and most likely only owns the shares for delta hedging purposes.

Sunday Night OT
1) The NEXT Tesla Killer is sort of an osborne effect done by the competition. And a beautiful intelligent scam. They know the vehicle can't get to market in whatever time they state, like 2 years. But it is a brilliant move for the money. It makes people that are loyal OEM ICE lovers NOT BUY A TESLA right now. And in two years the OEM's can play the "Wait one more year." Wait one more year...it is coming out the ned of this year...wait for it wait for it....
Anything to keep the faithful from putting their butts in a Tesla.
Because Tesla has no problem selling all they make, this kind of posturing doesn't matter.

Reactions: oldTAVguy

That article refers to his bull case target at the time I believe.
A429A72E-9F06-4B00-8155-09FDB43E6613.jpeg

Nikon D780.
Yeah, I thought so too. The camera wouldn’t even function when I first popped in the battery. So I started charging it and popped in the new spare. Nada. Thought I had a nerfed camera, but every thing functioned perfectly after charging the batteries. They were just completely dscharged on arrival.
Perhaps they were just in inventory for a long time due to CV-19.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Wedbush raised Px to 1900

"To this point, robust Model 3 demand out of China remains a linchpin of success and appears to be on a run rate to hit 150k unit deliveries in the first year out of the gates for Giga 3 which is driving some strength for Tesla as well as Model Y deliveries starting to ramp as well," Ives wrote in a note to clients. "Looking ahead, we believe Musk & Co. are slated to announce a number of new potential "game changing" battery developments at its highly anticipated Battery Day on Sept. 22."

Well another mistake on my part may net me some money.
I failed to close out 10 1650 calls on friday and failed to call the broker by 430 to decline execution.
It was in the money by 71 cents.

Dont have 1,650,000 in cash in the account.
Called broker to ask what happens monday. Was worried they might sell my LEAPS to pay for the call.

Don't know what other brokers do but mine will sell the stock that the calls obtained at market open.
I will then owe or be owed the difference.

Will I be banned from trading for 10 days ?
WILL THE WIFE FIND OUT ?

So if you really had an interest on this topic, I ran the numbers on how Elon came up with his 400 Wh/kg on the Electric Airplane thread, and if you are curious to see what kind of design compromises are required:
Electric planes

Your energy analysis (that you linked to) is your analysis of how you think Elon got his numbers.

In other words, it's not a real analysis of how Elon actually got his numbers - it's your guess. I would suggest Elon's numbers are based on hydrodynamic principals utilized in a way that you have never even conceived of.

Reactions: hacer