Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoftBank builds $1.2 billion Amazon stake; invests in Netflix, Tesla

8a710ce4e1475f27d89bac9a78cc2c90.png

@SpaceCash has left the building, but he has plans to return with an alternative Tesla social media site.

This is confusing news to me because I've been telling people I don't do "social media" for years. Can't stand Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But I always thought you needed a special phone app for it to be "social media". Now you're telling me I've been active in social media since the early 1990s? :(

Not sure if anyone posted this yet? Softbank has been one of the large buyers on the way up to the tune of $188M worth:

Parking space

upload_2020-8-17_8-56-37.png

(I own most of these names except SHOP and ZOOM. I sold most of my AMZN too early in 2013, except I bought more TSLA with the proceeds so it worked out ok)

Okay, @BlackS, I will share one of my losses, ETOYS! My wife's worst bad beat as a semi-pro poker player (in the 90's) in the World Series of Poker $10K buy-in No-limit Hold-em event was holding AA on the button with a shorter stack against "Fast Freddie" Deeb who was in the big blind with a fairly large stack and Q-2 suited. He called her all-in raise and eliminated her on Day 2 when a Q flopped and a deuce fell on the river.

Last edited:
If my math is correct, you are not even 100% in TSLA, weak long
( congrats to you)

Oh this is funny. Correct, and I'm actually a bit too long today, but I just can't sell this stock, not now! I DO still have that single $420 share. And that right there is why this stock keeps rising.

I just sold 2 couples this weekend on Tesla - both the car and the stock. They believe you more when you've already won, (but think you're an idiot leading up to that point).

I am a bigger idiot than you

I had 420 shares

Listened to a guy who has been investing for a while and losing a lot of money but he wasn’t telling me he was -40%, and he convinced to sell at $1150 because he said not to be greedy.

I lost 200 grands listening to his advice
You didn't lose 200k. You purchased 200k worth of experience. I'm sure most of us have paid similar prices at some point. I'm sure I have.
I marked this news "funny" because you would have to be a Tesla short to think this means they can't sell everyone they can make!

China is a huge country, I suspect the first month of quarter sales are lower due to transit delays as they "prime the pump" by transporting cars to further reaches of the country so they can all be sold in the same quarter they were made. If so, we should see blowout sales numbers by the end of Q3. :)
We see the same FUD literally every month and quarter. The country varies of course and they never come back and say "oh, we were wrong".

Not sure if anyone posted this yet? Softbank has been one of the large buyers on the way up to the tune of $188M worth:

Parking space

View attachment 577370

(I own most of these names except SHOP and ZOOM. I sold most of my AMZN too early in 2013, except I bought more TSLA with the proceeds so it worked out ok)
So....Softbank invested as much as $TSLA has made all of us on this board...hahahaha :) :) Don't we wish.

Tesla gets approval for next construction phase for Giga Berlin

"On August 17, the Brandenburg State Office for the Environment approved the early start of Tesla’s next construction phase for its European production facility. Construction crews on the site can now begin driving piles as a part of the continuing foundational work."​

I marked this news "funny" because you would have to be a Tesla short to think this means they can't sell everyone they can make!

China is a huge country, I suspect the first month of quarter sales are lower due to transit delays as they "prime the pump" by transporting cars to further reaches of the country so they can all be sold in the same quarter they were made. If so, we should see blowout sales numbers by the end of Q3. :)

Didn't we already concluded that June sales were strong because sales were pulled into that month from May due to a price drops? July sales were not bad at all if they are at a production rate of 12k/month.

Morning TMC Fam!! It's a beautiful day....the bickering has stopped and we are at ATH again....Just wanted to say Love y'all!

That's because people who want to throw shade on Tesla have the most success when investors are feeling weak and uncertain. They will come back at night when shares are off their most recent all-time high.

Parking space

View attachment 577370

Okay, @BlackS, I will share one of my losses, ETOYS! My wife's worst bad beat as a semi-pro poker player (in the 90's) in the World Series of Poker $10K buy-in No-limit Hold-em event was holding AA on the button with a shorter stack against "Fast Freddie" Deeb who was in the big blind with a fairly large stack and Q-2 suited. He called her all-in raise and eliminated her on Day 2 when a Q flopped and a deuce fell on the river.
I know who Freddie Deeb is..i had aspirations of being a semi-pro player as well. It really sucks when you have the nuts cracked (literally and figuratively)...kinda like the movie Rounders. I guess Deeb had calculated pot odds and was getting good return on the call...still stings and i bet your wife tells that story a lot :)

Reactions: computerchuck