Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but Uber and Lyft are both closing down their rideshare services in California as of tomorrow, due to the judge’s order re drivers being classified as employees.

Not only could this have ramifications for the Tesla Network due to the vacuum left by U+L, but what happens to Tesla Service customers who were given U or L credits instead of loaners?

thumbs up for highlighting a legit concern on the credits instead of loaners when those services won't be running at all... that hadn't even crossed my mind till you mentioned it.

As to the Tesla network- I assume you mean the one where the drivers are still humans- don't see how that'd be any different legally than how Uber/Lyft run today- meaning that's be the same no go in CA.... seems unlikely Tesla would want to register all drivers as employees.

Shares are moving so fast, that the in-fill option strikes aren't available. $5 increments up to $2000, and then $50 increments past that.

Oh - and I'm pretty sure IV is going up today as well. This big move isn't having nearly as big of an effect on the 1675 puts I sold for next week. Those should be nearly worthless by now!

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Shares are moving so fast, that the in-fill option strikes aren't available. $5 increments up to $2000, and then $50 increments past that.

Oh - and I'm pretty sure IV is going up today as well. This big move isn't having nearly as big of an effect on the 1675 puts I sold for next week. Those should be nearly worthless by now!

I suspect the CBOE will fix that overnight.

Looks a little
sqeeze.gif
right?

Since there are no statutory legal rules about S&P inclusion I can very well see the S&P admins deciding to pull a fast one, for example announcing a delay because (FCA credits, C19, split decision of the board, .. whatever). That would sink the SP (temporarily of course), enough to let the MM profit from this, and the index funds or whomever load up cheap. Would not be the first nor the last time this kind of shenanigan has happened. Remember that one page letter from Paulson requesting a Trillion $ bailout? no strings attached, and they continue to gamble illegally (see Wall Street Banks Are Dangerously Evading U.S. Derivatives Rules by Making Trades at Foreign Subsidiaries and that site in general for a running litany of such muffled scandals).
It's surprising the US hasn't gone completely bananas (uh Banana Republic.. ), but we are getting there slowly but surely.
PS. Ergo I sold 10% of my TSLA yesterday above 1900, might regret not having sold more ... but well c la vie ;D

It would be unprecedented for Standard and Poors to "announce a delay." Instead, they'll just keep their mouths shut. The best way to know that there's a delay going on would be if they announce some other changes to the S&P 500 and don't mention TSLA. In that case, I would expect the stock to drop a lot. But, I don't expect that will be the case.

As for profit taking, I'm finally a bit tempted. There's something to be said for taking profits while still holding onto a big investment for future growth. No stock goes up forever, and finding the actual top is almost an impossibility.

But....I still feel that S&P 500 inclusion will be yet another boost, even though TSLA is already at the level I thought inclusion would push it to.

2958574A-9FF4-4613-A632-44C13E9E1F46.png
That's what I'm seeing. Minus the Biden speech being a catalyst - this kind of buying looks to me like somebody that knows they're going to be buying a lot of shares tomorrow, and getting option positions in place ahead of time looks like a great way to benefit from that buying.

The 78k 2000 call trades makes the 30-40k 2050's and 2100's (each) look 'small'. Something like 150k trades - if those are all represent net new positions, covers 10.5M shares; that's about 5% of TSLA shares outstanding. I really don't expect that those 150k trades ALL represent net new positions, but it's still a huge amount of volume (and I suspect more than 1/2 represent net new positions).

The 2100's aren't being bought thinking we'll got $10 or $20 in the money - I expect they are looking for $100 or more ITM (based on that previous "bull raid" (my term) we had a month or so back with the $200 move on a Friday).

If only I had the courage of my convictions, along with a better than bad ability to predict direction, magnitude, and timing of the share price. (Make your own decisions, take your own consequences; my own conviction leads me to "do nothing")