Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There you go folks, here is confirmation from Gary. So apparently we start trading post split price from Monday premarket. Fun fun fun.

236A47A2-8C44-4DEC-A1A8-6C2D55DB559B.jpeg

I think this also means that S&P announcement is highly unlikely today and we get to stress test our f5 button some more next week.

The presentation is an hour from starting and it has received 49 down votes. WTF?!?! Who down votes a presentation that hasn't yet begun?

I just don't understand some people.
No offense :p I had to down vote your down vote complaint. We need a down vote/funny icon to click on. Please down vote me, because it's not O.T. yet :confused:

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!!! The cabinet door above her head to her left that is slightly open was driving me crazy! Is that her place? I expected someone like her to be stupid rich with Trump like gold sh#t everywhere.... :eek:

P.S. - I would still switch from Catholic to Mormon is she would move to Utah and agree to become my second wife.... ;)

Sounds like your retirement is ending before it even began.

Terafactory Austin

Permits 7,928,001 square ft (=735,535 square m) building area from permits, south central area looks to be about 4,290,000 square ft (=398,554 square m), which means that there is 3,900,000 square ft (= 325,160 square m) building still to come.

In comparison Gigafactory Nevada is 1.9 million square feet footprint and 5.3 million square feet of floor area.

Last edited:
JP Morgan Chase sent me a message telling me that my GTC order(s) for TSLA would be cancelled at close today, and that if I wanted I would have to re-enter them with new quantity/prices. But that I couldn't do that until Monday after market open. Other brokers may have different polices/procedures. (E*TRADE hasn't said anything about my GTC order(s).)

Last week an agent at my brokerage said my GTC order would be automatically cancelled this weekend. Just now their phone agent contacted an expert at the trading desk, who told her that my GTC order would be automatically amended this weekend for five times the quantity at one-fifth the price. I suggest contacting your brokerage to learn its policy in this matter.

I was also informed that there is after-hours trading at the pre-split price today, and there will be pre-market trading at the post-split price on Monday. This is contrary to some information that earlier had been published in the media. But obviously there is currently after-hours trading in TSLA.

Last edited:
My real question for options.... does all the volatility go away after today? This split is the big thing that I am guessing is driving the IV.... isn't it? What else could it be? Sure it might be SP inclusion but that is part of today too. If there is no announcement after hours then it seems to me the wait is longer than everyone was expecting. If one has sold options and IV drops Monday, that means easy money.

Not this everyone. I’ve been laughing at all the guessing for announcement considering I’m not expecting one, like ever.

Terafactory Austin

Permits 7,928,001 square ft (=735,535 square m) building area from permits, south central area looks to be about 4,290,000 square ft (=398,554 square m), which means that there is 3,900,000 square ft (= 325,160 square m) building still to come.
Not really. Noted when I watched the video that it made the same assumption. It mentions 7.9mm feet of impervious building coverage but that includes things like roads, sidewalks and other paved surfaces. These things add up quick.