Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this page on the S&P site regarding methodology. Near the bottom are a bunch of spreadsheets, one of which is the rebalancing calendar for equity indexes. Here's a snapshot:

View attachment 583673

If I'm reading that right, the actual file with the new balances for the 9/18 rebalancing is sent to SPG's customers after the close on 9/4. I assume any related additions/removals would be announced at the same time.

Note that announcements related to the previous rebalancing (6/19) were made on 6/12, the date listed for the proforma file in that calendar. Note also that both the June and December windows are one week between proforma and effective dates, but the window for September is two weeks.
If you found this, the big boys know about it. So, might expect two more days of SP suppression to 1) lower the starting point for the infinity squeeze, and 2) shake loose shares (increase float).

Same thing, I guess.

Wow, you are getting a lot of informative so people are seeing this but this is huge. Needs to be talked about.

Is there any other way to read this then that we will know the day after tomorrow after close (presumably at 5.15 eastern) if S&P will happen for the foreseeable future?

If Tesla is not included in the document sent tomorrow they won't be before 9/18 guaranteed and can anyone really argue that it'll be likely to happen for another quarter then?

EDIT: It's already Sept 3 here so I wrote tomorrow originally. Obviously mean Friday evening.

The last S&P500 inclusion notice happened on June 12th, which matches exactly with this spreadsheet.

Note that the June 12th news was not released at 2:15 EST, but 8:56 PM.

So, seems like a good bet it will happen Friday after hours - though maybe past the after-hour trading window.

Wow, you are getting a lot of informative so people are seeing this but this is huge. Needs to be talked about.

Is there any other way to read this then that we will know the day after tomorrow after close (presumably at 5.15 eastern) if S&P will happen for the foreseeable future?

If Tesla is not included in the document sent tomorrow they won't be before 9/18 guaranteed and can anyone really argue that it'll be likely to happen for another quarter then?

EDIT: It's already Sept 3 here so I wrote tomorrow originally. Obviously mean Friday evening.

Day mix-ups aside, I agree with this take. It's either Friday or it won't be for awhile. Mayyyybe they stretch it out into the following week.

Reactions: evermore
I found this page on the S&P site regarding methodology. Near the bottom are a bunch of spreadsheets, one of which is the rebalancing calendar for equity indexes. Here's a snapshot:

View attachment 583673

If I'm reading that right, the actual file with the new balances for the 9/18 rebalancing is sent to SPG's customers after the close on 9/4. I assume any related additions/removals would be announced at the same time.

Note that announcements related to the previous rebalancing (6/19) were made on 6/12, the date listed for the proforma file in that calendar. Note also that both the June and December windows are one week between proforma and effective dates, but the window for September is two weeks.
Glad you found that, but another one of our esteemed members also pointed that out in the last week or so... can't remember who, but it was one of the smart ones. So, seems like confirmation, must be gonna happen!

Last edited:
Reactions: evermore
I had paper losses of more than the new girl here cost today (more like a MX), but I’m ecstatic.

View attachment 583706

Oh, I can easily beat you on that one.
Of course, today Fidelity is fully updating my account now to show me with paper losses of several fold my yearly income. On Monday, when I am certain my account was up with paper gains of >1M, it did not update the account. It only partially updated yesterday, so I still couldn't see any of the gains from Monday. And now, it happily shows me a giant red number with the paper losses. :oops:

D**m Fidelity, it is all their fault. Maybe I should move to a new broker...;)

Reactions: mickificki
FINRA Short Selling Report for Wed, Sep 02, 2020

"Short Exempt Volume" a.k.a. Market Maker's naked shorting was 7.23% of "Short Volume", which ranks at the 90th Percentile (very unlikely to occur by chance).

Note in the table below that last week had historically low levels of Naked Shorting: Avg was 0.63% for the week

View attachment 583693

The SP was down -14.7% intraday today after triggering the 'Uptick Rule'. Market Makers and Hedge Funds routinely flaunt SEC rules by exploiting their exemption to naked short selling for Options market makers (SEC Regulation SHO).

Especially note that today's level of naked short selling was predicted in advance due to the mechanism of Options Market Makers being used by Hedge Funds to exploit Regulation SHO to manipulate TSLA's share price.

Certain members of this forum seem unaware that the value of a theory is in its ability to predict events. Today's FINRA data strengthens the theory that Naked Short Selling is being used to manipulate TSLA.

This is NOT new. It has been discussed on this forum for years. It is just now that certain members are beginning to understand these mechanisms and take the issue seriously. THIS MATTERS. Over $25B of Shareholder value was extracted from the Market today by Hedge Funds via exploiting SEC Regulation SHO.

Prediction for tomorrow: Thu Sep 03, 2020
  • With 'Uptick Rule' in effect, Naked Short Selling will be in the 7-9% range as reported by FINRA
  • the Report Data at this link will become available tomorrow after 3:30 PM EDT, Sep 03, 2020
#SEC #BROKENREGSHO

Okay since it predict events, can you please let us know if sp will be down or up in advance? Most of us doesn't really understand a thing you just posted.

"Due to market shenanigans, this week I predict sp will _________".

You post the shenanigans but not the prediction. People like me read and just think.. "okay??? And this means what exactly?"

View attachment 583673

@Curt Renz didn't you make this call last Friday and perhaps before that as well? My searching skills suck, but I did find your post on 8/28 referring to 9/18 as the probable/possible date for S&P inclusion.

Anecdote time, I have heard about kids being interested in Tesla and today I heard one example firsthand.
My wife is a social worker and has started working with an 8 year old autistic child, his mother told my wife “he is into cars and knows so much about them. Once he said when he is older he will get a good job so he can buy a Tesla, we didn’t even know what a Tesla was”
For context I live in Northern England and have seen a handful of Tesla’s on the road. However it happened the next generation is already sold on the cars.

It’s the really young kids like 5-12 who point at my M3. One today was maybe 6/7 and tugging at his granddad to look ! I’m in Ireland. These are the future and it’s great to see

Depends on your broker and value I think. If I hit a deposit button on eTrade, the money is available for us instantly.

Does it do that in response to a buy order (automatically pulling the correct amount on demand) or does it force you to prefund and risk being low or high and stranding funds?

If my broker did fractional shares that would make it a non issue. But asking me to deposit buffer amounts to cover price changes a market transaction is what I'd rather avoid.

I want my buy stock order to be as close to seamless as possible and I want my loose funds somewhere other than my brokers money market account.

Literally what I see is a request to "Deposit Funds". With an option to link to a checking or savings by way of ACH or wire transfer. But doing so strands funds on services that don't allow purchasing fractional shares. TD Ameritrade has matched the $0 transaction fee of Robinhood but not the fractional shares functionality. So my reaction is the stockbroker equivalent of Standards

Another broker account just added to my list.

@Curt Renz didn't you make this call last Friday and perhaps before that as well? My searching skills suck, but I did find your post on 8/28 referring to 9/18 as the probable/possible date for S&P inclusion.
It's never been a secret 9/18 is the date they recalibrate. That's been known since the discussions about Tesla inclusion started. The news is the confirmation of the 9/4 date.

If anyone with any certainty other than "I think" or "It's often" predicted what date they would let the cat out of the bag so to speak I haven't seen it. Certainly not with a link to S&P themselves. It's often been guessed at as 5-10 days or so before.

Seems like something that would have been commented by others now and then if anyone had shown confirmation before.

Then of course they could have done it anytime before but now we are so close to 9/18 and with a 9/4 note it seems unlikely they will do it any other time.