Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t want to be obtuse but who is this Gary Black person?

I dont want to be obtuse, but a lot of questions here could be answered by spending even a minute on your own looking for stuff. Like clicking on any of his twiiter links (or searching for VWAP) that have been posted here, you could see all you need to know.

This market is dog eat dog, dont expect to be spoon fed. If eating some spoon fed stuff, expect to eat some doodoo at times. Trust nobody, verify everything.

Last edited:
The last S&P500 inclusion notice happened on June 12th, which matches exactly with this spreadsheet.

Note that the June 12th news was not released at 2:15 EST, but 8:56 PM.

So, seems like a good bet it will happen Friday after hours - though maybe past the after-hour trading window.

I believe the orginial announcement on June 12 was made at 5:15pm EST (the standard timing).
The press release currently published on their site for that date shows 8:56pm because the release had to be re-issued due to an error in the Ticker Symbol for Hexcel. So I expect the S&P announcement (when it happens) to occur at 5:15pm EST.
See below regarding June 12 correction:
upload_2020-9-2_19-56-45.png

@Curt Renz didn't you make this call last Friday and perhaps before that as well? My searching skills suck, but I did find your post on 8/28 referring to 9/18 as the probable/possible date for S&P inclusion.

Indeed, my posted best guess was September 18th for S&P inclusion. I've also posted quotes from my CFRA source indicating that an S&P announcement usually occurs about a week before inclusion, and is available to everyone. I now see that last September the S&P announcement was made two weeks prior to the rebalancing date, while at other quarterly rebalancing dates, the announcement was a week prior.

Here is where the announcement should be published: Media Center - News & Announcements - S&P Dow Jones Indices

Last edited:
After-action Report: Wed, Sep 02, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Selloff Triggers Uptick Rule"

Traded: $42,727,901,569.42 ($42.73B)
Volume: 96,314,296
VWAP: $443.63

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.85%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $416.863B / $184.368B = 226.10%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $350.20B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $197.64B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap on pace to unlock 3rd tranche of CEO comp. plan on Fri, Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 49.8% (50th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 32.8% (40th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 7.23% of Short Volume (90th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-09-02.png

Comment: "90th Percentile Naked Shorting as Uptick Rule takes effect."

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Last edited:
No. If you can't stomach being range bound for the next 3 to 5 years, you've lost sight of the mission. Astronauts must be willing to be confined to a small cabin for 6 to 10 months if they ever expect to get to mars. Of course, you can move about in the cabin, but you must be content to remain in the cabin for as long as it takes.

Tesla is a culture of innovation — its primary accelerant, “artificial Intelligence.” It’s difficult for me to reconcile this pace of innovation with a 3 to 5 year range bound share price.

Indeed, my posted best guess was September 18th for S&P inclusion. I've also posted quotes from my CFRA source indicating that an S&P announcement usually occurs about a week before inclusion, and is available to everyone. I now see that last September the S&P announcement was made two weeks prior to the rebalancing date, while at other quarterly rebalancing dates, the announcement was a week prior.

Here is where the announcement should be published: Media Center - News & Announcements - S&P Dow Jones Indices
Thanks Curt!