Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then the question should have been about communications, not service.

And yes, I've communicated with Tesla plenty. And yes, it definitely can use improvement. But I'm not going to hold my breath until I turn blue because of this.
I am. They're not getting it. I may be looking to exit my position based solely on this.

I'm about ready to edit the wikipedia article on Faberge eggs and add the Model X. <cackle>

upload_2019-1-30_14-57-26.png

Elon just laughed at Waymo's valuation...lol

Foolish for him to laugh.

Waymo is operating an autonomous taxi service in 3 US cities right now. They're launching their first EU city in February.

Why does the "million cars with data" advantage matter if Waymo already has enough data to operate?

Reminder: Waymo is a Alphabet/Google company. Tesla is competing with the #1 AI company in the world, who has things like:
  • The world's first AI to win at Go
  • Recaptcha for object recognition training (ever see an image and asked "identify the cross walks"?)
  • Google Maps for navigation data
  • Android for location and real-time traffic data
  • Ridiculous access to capital

Let's say it all together:

2170 Is Just A Format. A shape. It's not the chemistry, which is the magic of a cell.

Never!
He did qualify and say "no plans to change", but mumbled something about not commenting on future R&D. I look forward to hibernating on this issue and gloating in Q3 when they change to 2170. :)

Foolish for him to laugh.

Waymo is operating an autonomous taxi service in 3 US cities right now. They're launching their first EU city in February.

Why does the "million cars with data" advantage matter if Waymo already has enough data to operate?

They have enough data to operate(reportedly poorly) in a few individual cities, worldwide. If they keep expanding at this rate, Tesla might need to worry about them sometime around, oh, 2050.