Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say it all together:

2170 Is Just A Format. A shape. It's not the chemistry, which is the magic of a cell.
At the very least they should update the S/X packs to use the lessons learned from Model 3. Not perhaps the identical design (even accounting for cell dimension differences) but using the newer style of cooling (multiple parallel cooling channels vs a single channel that snakes back and forth per module), etc. There's more to pack design than chemistry and cell dimensions.

Reactions: GSP and JRP3
Foolish for him to laugh.

Waymo is operating an autonomous taxi service in 3 US cities right now.

Yeah, and ticking off the locals with its bad driving - despite operating "in a box", often needing operator intervention, and with only limited numbers of pre-mapped roads it can drive on and limited numbers of places it can pick people up and drop them off.

Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but did they state that the savings from the restructuring will be 400 million/quarter? If so, that's a pretty sizable amount going straight to profit. Even if the lower cost of the 35 model eats into that some, let's say 150 million, that leaves 250 million going to profit which should greatly affect EPS starting in Q2.

Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but did they state that the savings from the restructuring will be 400 million/quarter? If so, that's a pretty sizable amount going straight to profit. Even if the lower cost of the 35 model eats into that some, let's say 150 million, that leaves 250 million going to profit which should greatly affect EPS starting in Q2.

$400M per year

400 million per year

He talks about improving mobile service; they already work well; problems are that there are black holes in Tesla's internal communication systems, incidents being dropped, calls not being returned, no one knows where cars is or what status is or how to work the process. Once you get to work with people, they're usually very good, that doesn't need improvements...

He's solving for the wrong problem. AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHAHNAHAHAH TRULLLY ANNNNOOYYYEEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, I have been battling with them for months on an issue where they promised something and never delivered. Constant promises that it will be soon and now I get "they won't honor it" with a bunch of lies and conflicting facts. I also have this in writing yet that does not matter and I get the run around between delivery and CS. I am very close to expediting outside of Tesla since it's a brick wall trying to get any answer and not have 20 people involved. If they don't want people to search for external solutions they need to provide some competent form of contact.