Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they already agreed to the deal in place, wouldn't they need to try and bring another case against him to modify the existing parameters of the existing deal?

If the SEC is successful with their allegations, then they could definitely use that as leverage to place some additional restrictions. They may find that Tesla monitoring isn't in place that was required as part of the original deal which could force Tesla to comply/strengthen the monitoring portion of the agreement.

Not saying that will happen, but it seems like that's the path this could go without trying to void the original deal and get him booted as CEO. It wouldn't exactly be a bad outcome whether we agree or disagree with whole SEC process.

Reactions: neroden
A forest....

Screen-Shot-2019-02-26-at-12.55.36-AM-1024x420.jpg

Tesla Gigafactory 3 Progress and an Estimate of 8000 Tesla’s Sold in China in 55 Days – NextBigFuture.com

Wait a minute. You admit that Elon is a genius. But then you put your ability to determine whether it gains anything above his? Because he wouldn't have tweeted it if he didn't see the benefit. Certainly he saw the risk and weighed it with the benefit.

Can you elaborate on what Elon perceived as the benefit from a tweet that, to those of us who willingly admit to being uninformed, appears to be gratuitous?

The annual shareholder meeting is coming up. Would it do any good to propose a resolution to authorize the board to ignore the SEC, as they've done more harm to the shareholders than any short sellers have every done?

How can a regulatory agency have the power to go against the will of its shareholders with the justification of them trying to "protect" those shareholders? It makes me feel like I'm being raped and the rapist is saying that it's all for my protection. F**k NO!

many people have been alerted to some early complaints about M3 paint to the point where they have applied higher standards than they would to other vehicles, and that indeed may have skewed your data.
Very true. One more possible source of skew in the CR data: 'whompy wheels' aka false reporting.

CR relies upon an honour system for reporting. CR has no mechanism to verify data reported by its survey respondants, or the the people writing complaints actually even own a Tesla Model 3.

As @Fact Checking wrote upthread, anyone willing to buy 250 memberships could skew the survey results for the cheap cost of about $13K (not bad value for Shortz to knock $2B off TSLA shareholder value).

Further, the reason CR data looks so suspect is because many of the 'frequently reported' issues are long-debunked Short talking points (ie: 'look at those panel gaps'). CR made no separate effort to sample their responses to rate the reliability of their own survey methods. It is shoddy work.

Now that's an actual 'panel gap', one on the credibility of CR.

The more shorts piss me off here the more I’m going to buy on more margin tomorrow.

Keep talking I’m loading. ;)

All the random shorts, clowns and losers who showed up yesterday..

TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTE

Tagging @SpaceCash cuz I know HE'D find this funny.

Also tagging @lorakolodny as well. Jeez it never ends with the shorts.

Last edited:
"Keep your head down" is not the mantra of disruption.

This March bond maturity is clearly a line in the sand drawn by shorts and fossil/ICE interests. To folks familiar with Tesla this seems absurd but you do have to target some crucial event if your goal is to end TSLA. Makes sense that this is their last best shot.

From an investment standpoint, do we see the long awaited squeeze from here? I keep going back to the loaded spring. Has there ever been more pent up downward pressure/effort? Physics dictates this pressure must either work or be released.

When? I'm guessing it's once TSLA is on the other side of these big bonds and still profitable.
I'm worried about 'material fatigue' of the spring after years of being loaded....

I'm serious about filing an amicus brief. Again, any lawyers here?

The vast majority of amicus briefs are filed in appellate courts. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, which govern proceedings in federal district (trial level) courts, do not even mention amicus curaire filings. But see: Rule 29. Brief of an Amicus Curiae Rule 37. Brief for an Amicus Curiae .

Whether a district court judge will allow an amicus brief to be filed, let alone consider it once filed, is entirely at the district judge's discretion. "Friend of the court" submittals that offer the district judge information not otherwise available in the parties' filings are as rare as ethical politicians.

I believe Bob is saying that phrase (witch hunt) has lost its effectiveness because it has been overused (incorrectly) by Trump and his supporters.
OT - After hours
I vaguely remembered hearing that phrase during the Nixon Watergate crisis, but couldn't remember the context - until I heard the Bagman podcast recently. It was actually Spiro T. Agnew that used that phrase (probably not the first one ever). I'm referencing Episode 4 transcript at:

Bag Man: A Rachel Maddow podcast from MSNBC

Mod - feel free to move this to the Market Politics thread at your discretion.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler