Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gates doesn’t think renewables of wind/solar/batteries is the answer. He also seems to downplay Teslas impact and future.

Bill Gates Slams wind and solar

Indeed. IIRC, he’s in the nuclear camp, also in thorium reactors.
And that’s good, we need billionaires supporting all kinds of emission free electricity generation, if only to have a plan B if solar doesn’t grow as expected.

Actually, consider taking some profits b4 the close on Thu instead of waiting for Fri.

*** Again, not an Advice ***

Then wait and see what happens with the News... you can always buy in again. But hey if you're already holding lots, ur good right?

Cheers!
I bought some OTM lotto March 8 calls for dirt cheap at open this morning. They’re up a silly amount, will take profit on those tomorrow :)

Reactions: Artful Dodger
"{T}he last VWAP pricing minute" was yesterday (2/26) at market close. The "A" in VWAP was average closing price over the preceding 20 market trading days.
I don't think so. I think the preceding 20 trading days are Jan 31 - Feb 28:

19days.and.counting.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and hacer
FYI: When I started reading to catch up on this thread shortly after Market Close, I was 16 pages behind.

Now, i'm 21 pages behind, and the Pre-market opens in just over an hour.

This is called "The TMC Paradox".

There's no explanation for it with known physics.

P.S. we're up in Frankfurt already...

That's called "The TMC Illusion" - a temporal feature that usually evaporates by the time the sun rises in New York.

(Past performance is not indicative of future results.)

I doubt EM predicted market's reaction (almost +6%) to his tweet. Unless some other big funds caught wind of non public info...
Perhaps it is a warning to the SEC and the judge about trying to lock him out of Twitter. If he can create billions of dollars of value from a tweet then the SEC can be blamed for the value destruction of stopping his ability to communicate freely.

Here's an example from 1994 of me speaking for myself, while the other two anchors are reading a teleprompter. The show begins at the 1:40 minute mark.

You have a great "TV personality" :)

Better be careful with far OTM options losing value from an acquisition guys.

I assume this depends on the details of the options. E.g. if one had some $450 calls and a buyout was announced for $420, then it's guaranteed (assuming the buyout occurs) that your calls will never be ITM, and thus their only residual value would be a bet on the buyout failing. And even if your calls were $410, the buyout would be capping the upside at only $10. Is this sort of thing that you're referring to?

On the other hand, if one had some 17 May $370 and a buyout was announced at $450 for 1 May, then that'd surely be a large boost to them, as (assuming the buyout occurs) it'd lock in a $80 upside - right?

Just want to make sure that there's not something I'm missing here.

Perhaps it is a warning to the SEC and the judge about trying to lock him out of Twitter. If he can create billions of dollars of value from a tweet then the SEC can be blamed for the value destruction of stopping his ability to communicate freely.

It would be a pointless demonstration: the price went up after yesterday's tweets because Elon is the CEO of Tesla and has a track record of reliably keeping very short term promises with concrete deadlines.

I.e. the market expects, with a high probability, for Elon to deliver on his promise to release material non-public information later today, 2pm PST.

Elon breaking the promise to deliver material information would be a pointless excercise: the expected release date of material information is still material information as well.

A good analogy would be the announcement of the date of an upcoming earnings report: the date is material information even if the ER is delayed or cancelled later on.

I.e. today's event is not some sort of "legal demonstration". I'm 95% sure that later today Tesla is going to release genuine, major automotive related Tesla news.

Last edited:
Indeed. IIRC, he’s in the nuclear camp, also in thorium reactors.
And that’s good, we need billionaires supporting all kinds of emission free electricity generation, if only to have a plan B if solar doesn’t grow as expected.

No thank you to expensive and potentially dangerous nuclear. Solar is a fraction of the cost and getting cheaper. Solar tech iterates faster, so it improves and costs decline faster. With the clock ticking as the Keeling Curve climbs, we don’t have time for slowly iterating innovation cycles.

No thank you to expensive and potentially dangerous nuclear. Solar is a fraction of the cost and getting cheaper. Solar tech iterates faster, so it improves and costs decline faster. With the clock ticking as the Keeling Curve climbs, we don’t have time for slowly iterating innovation cycles.

Solar may not be the only solution, as (in my region) we’d need 10 times the capacity in the winter versus summer. I used to be pro (uranium and plutionium) nuclear, but since Fukushima I agree that the risks are too great (mind you, I live only 2K km from Tsjernobyl, but you could say ‘that were the Russians’). Besides, plutonium and uranium are not a long term solution as we’d run out in a couple of hundred years. But thorium based nuclear seems to be safe with virtually limitless supply.