Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The truth is it won't be a 35k for most ... many will pay the little extra to get a few features ... I'd bet many will also pony up 3k for autopilot as well. Morons on CNBC screaming about the fact it costs 45k to build which is completely baseless.

What Tesla is about to do to Ford, GM, Chrysler and all the other auto makers is going to be fun to watch .... starting NOW!!!

Just watch what happens to those companies sales over this upcoming quarter .....

Cheers to the longs .... smart money is buying right now.

Closing most of the stores is a genius move. They can shift the people working in sales to deliveries and service. This way they solved three problems:
-price reduction that allows Model 3 SR
-delivery hell
-service hell

Also I'm wondering whether they'll shift test drives to service centers. This has several advantages: there are still people who won't buy without trying, and it also familiarizes prospective owners with service centers.

SR: $35k, 220mi, 130mph, 5,6s, non-PUP
SR+: $37k, 240mi, 140mph, 5,3s, partial-PUP
MR: $40k, 264mi, 140mph, 5,2s, PUP
LR: $43k, 325mi, 140mph, 5,0s, PUP
AWD: $47k, 310mi, 145mph, 4,5s, PUP
P: $48k, 310mi, 162mph, 3,2s, PUP

All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Holy.... ****

Already the complainers are out in force, "early adopters got ripped off" "I could have bought dual motor for the same price"

how can people be that stupid? like, did you really expect Tesla to never innovate and never lower prices, despite their constant insistence that they would, and their track record of consistently doing so? these people have zero right to complain.

Down with sales cost! I'm loving ever piece of this. No one will be able to match this product on quality or cost, NO ONE. Think of all the extra cost from dealership distribution and lack of efficiency with no Gigafactory. The moat just got much wider!

Will 100% be taken as desperation and should be a huge buying opportunity. With two highly profitable quarters behind us it's hard to imagine investors would blink, but they almost certainly will. Was furious I couldn't get into $350 Sep calls at a good price two days ago, should be no problem tomorrow or Monday!

SR: $35k, 220mi, 130mph, 5,6s, non-PUP
SR+: $37k, 240mi, 140mph, 5,3s, partial-PUP
MR: $40k, 264mi, 140mph, 5,2s, PUP
LR: $43k, 325mi, 140mph, 5,0s, PUP
AWD: $47k, 310mi, 145mph, 4,5s, PUP
P: $48k, 310mi, 162mph, 3,2s, PUP

All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Holy.... ****

The glass roof was a wow moment for me. Very nice. And almost everyone will reach for that SR+ model.

This will be 100% reported as a sign of crumbling demand. Should be a really good buying opportunity near term.
Which would be an entirely nonsensical argument. People have been on preorder reservations for years for the base model. Demand already existed. Tesla had to send these people cars at some point. Not to mention that they really need these lower priced versions of the Model 3 for markets like China.

The truth is it won't be a 35k for most ... many will pay the little extra to get a few features ... I'd bet many will also pony up 3k for autopilot as well. Morons on CNBC screaming about the fact it costs 45k to build which is completely baseless.

What Tesla is about to do to Ford, GM, Chrysler and all the other auto makers is going to be fun to watch .... starting NOW!!!

Just watch what happens to those companies sales over this upcoming quarter .....

Cheers to the longs .... smart money is buying right now.

How easy has it been to ever buy the absolute lowest price of any car? You go to a dealership they wont have the lowest price car. You would need to do a special order to get that and likely wait longer then you would wait for any Tesla.

Also was watching Bloomberg and wow the people talking have little knowledge of Tesla or Model 3.

Made a big deal that color other then black is extra $. That is how it has been since day 1 with Model 3.
Made a big deal about online only. Even if you go into store you still buy online, just at the store. So I assume now you go to service center to test drive then either order on your phone or go home. Hell likely the service center will likely still have computers to order.
Wonder if Tesla will have problems with states that require dealerships. This doesnt change that. Showrooms are not dealerships.

Model S Configurator.
New Standard Range

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.50.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.50.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.50.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.50.39 AM.png

This will be 100% reported as a sign of crumbling demand. Should be a really good buying opportunity near term.

Agreed. Hopefully next ER will show they are selling them at close to break-even at the start, which means it can only get better. With the store closings, they may even be able to make a decent GM on it.

My first thought was that closing stores is bad. But it makes sense given how TX and other states (including here in NC) do their best to tie Tesla's hands for new showrooms. Long-term, I hope they can re-open stores once they're so popular that the politicians have to re-think their positions. Or when the next administration rolls in and the pendulum swings the other way and perhaps a federal law against franchise exclusivity is made.