Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First congrats.

Second did you get the slightly bigger battery?

Third. I’m pissed at you because, we’ll, never mind.

Thanks!!

No I did not get the bigger battery. I only drive about 140 mi per week and still have ICE that big enough to haul family on long trips. Plan to replace ICE with Y or possibly X in next couple years.

However, I am a little annoyed that the Xmas gift Model 3 I purchased for my dad is now worth substantially less. As an investor, I like this move.
It is not substantially less if you consider $3,750 extra credit you got. It's pretty close. You could say that Federal government paid for your early adoption, but otherwise not a whole lot of change for you personally.

So has Tesla reached 7K+/week for M3 production? Volume increase has to be part of the reason for being able to meet SR at 35K.
March vehicle sales for Tesla and competition is going to be interesting ..

Current Q1 VIN allocations of 109.2k with the 85% rule suggest a M3 production target of 92.8 units, exactly 7k/week.

Carsonight reported that GF1 is "flirting" with 7k/week, with LR+MR packs only.

Now the new Grohmann machine is making additional packs, which should allow 8k-10k/week - as long as Panasonic can keep up. :D

With the price of AP also dropping to $3k I’m actually considering it now :)

AP is something I could live without, but since it potentially can save one’s life as well as reducing driving fatigue, I think I have to have it now that the price reduction has taken place.

I think the AP price drop / move of some features to FSD is smart, too. Folks had been complaining that the only way to get TACC was to drop a ridiculous $5k, and now you can get it for $3k with autosteer tossed in. That'll surely entice more SR buyers than the old $5k EAP option would have, and since it's basically all margin, so be it.

It is not substantially less if you consider $3,750 extra credit you got. It's pretty close. You could say that Federal government paid for your early adoption, but otherwise not a whole lot of change for you personally.

Given there is some added functionality in the 5k EAP vs the 3k autopilot, the difference isnt quite as substantial as I had thought initially.

View attachment 381646

Hmm, 420,000, you say? ;)

(To head people off re: the lawyer's "correction": If his attorney told him he had to modify a social media post, and he hadn't, he'd have been by default in violation of his agreement. Credit the request for the correction to ignorance, to conflicting numbers, to updated numbers, to whatever you want... but if the attorney told Musk that he had to post a "correction", then he had to.)

Perhaps the attorney gave bad advice about doing the correction. Elon did it. Then heard from others that was a stupid move. Then asked his lawyer to “leave”. That’s a stretch, but so are all the short thesis’s.

I think the AP price drop / move of some features to FSD is smart, too. Folks had been complaining that the only way to get TACC was to drop a ridiculous $5k, and now you can get it for $3k with autosteer tossed in. That'll surely entice more SR buyers than the old $5k EAP option would have, and since it's basically all margin, so be it.

Also kind of brings us to parity with AP1 which cost $3k. Probably allows for Tesla to let the FSD profit flow through the books rather than stay in some reserve since there are features that can be used now or very shortly. Not an accountant, but it makes sense to me.

So, with sales shifted to online only, did they just solve the whole dealership restriction headache in the US?

No. People need to do test drives. Owners need service centers. I fear Tesla's gonna try to keep skirting around the service center issue in states currently banning them (MI, NM, etc) by hiring more Tesla Mobile Technicians. I also fear that if that is the case, we will see the auto dealer cartel shift its strategy to suing Tesla in those states for having mobile technicians. However, I have less fear that Tesla would lose such suits :)