Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is becoming the Amazon of car sales.

By the way, how’d that work out for Amazon’s share price?

Oh. Nice.

I was first going to write that I think the retails stores closure might be a bad decision. A Tesla is a lot to purchase site unseen. But then I remembered the 100,000 Model 3 reservations before the reveal and 400k after people just watched the presentation. So maybe this will turn out fine.

I was first going to write that I think the retails stores closure might be a bad decision. A Tesla is a lot to purchase site unseen. But then I remembered the 100,000 Model 3 reservations before the reveal and 400k after people just watched the presentation. So maybe this will turn out fine.
Long ago, when I purchased the 2004 Prius, I bought it without even seeing a picture.

upload_2019-3-1_0-0-23.png

Hmm, 420,000, you say? ;)

(To head people off re: the lawyer's "correction": If his attorney told him he had to modify a social media post, and he hadn't, he'd have been by default in violation of his agreement. Credit the request for the correction to ignorance, to conflicting numbers, to updated numbers, to whatever you want... but if the attorney told Musk that he had to post a "correction", then he had to.)

QTmgEeva.jpg

Hmm, 420,000, you say? ;)

(To head people off re: the lawyer's "correction": If his attorney told him he had to modify a social media post, and he hadn't, he'd have been by default in violation of his agreement. Credit the request for the correction to ignorance, to conflicting numbers, to updated numbers, to whatever you want... but if the attorney told Musk that he had to post a "correction", then he had to.)

Image is broken for me.

Only 4-5 months ago on the Q3 earnings, Musk was so confident that every quarter going forward was going to be profitable. It's pretty hard for me to understand how Q2 will not 100% be a profitable quarter

even at the time, he called out Q1 2019 specifically as an exception to the "all quarters moving forward" statement, due to one-time expenses.