Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the price action.... It appears that it has taken a Yuge amount of short selling to get us where we are now. Those shorts have to buy back shares in the next 1-2 weeks, so they can't keep the SP artificially low for ever. Everyone knows at this point that the stock rebounds after these extreme dips, and it is easy money to start buying back in at this point, further driving up the SP. (not advice....)
Short interest has barely increased. Longs are selling

Regarding the price action.... It appears that it has taken a Yuge amount of short selling to get us where we are now. Those shorts have to buy back shares in the next 1-2 weeks, so they can't keep the SP artificially low for ever. Everyone knows at this point that the stock rebounds after these extreme dips, and it is easy money to start buying back in at this point, further driving up the SP. (not advice....)

I particularly enjoyed the last minutes of today’s trade, with shorts driving the price to $276.24, 30 cents below yesterday’s close. Man they worked hard for that tiny psychological victory. Enjoyed it because as you say, they will pay dearly for it.

I was there that night. Got to high five Elon when he told everyone to jump the barriers. Will never forget that. Pretty magical.
That is better than my moment of fame. I was 13 years old when Janis Joplin came running at me, giving me the middle finger and yelling, "get off the f*cking stage kid!"

We didn't really hear any leaks about them going from 5k/week to 6k/week and yet it's very obvious they are above the 5k/week threshold, easily. I think the only leak we've heard when it comes to Model 3 production is when Tesla started placing orders to 5/week......but that was big news because Tesla was going from like 500/week to 5,000/week. I don't think we'd really hear leaks about them going from 6k/week to 7-8/week

Well, we don't have Vicky anymore. :(

Why not standard time all the time with Noon at midday? Businesses and schools can adjust their schedules throughout the year to what ever suits them. In fact that is what was done during those years with no daylight saving time. In any event, during a year when Nixon forced daylight saving time all year, many children were struck by cars while on their wintertime walks to school in the dark. That's why that was rescinded the next year.

Fine with me too. Anything to not have the heart attack/stroke/accident inducing sudden change once a year.

Just listening to NPR All Things Considered. John Volker (auto journalist) gave a fair if unenthusiastic discourse on electric cars.

Said China is the prime mover for auto manufacturers to build electric cars and the US might end up as the last ICE holdout world wide.

John used to write on Green Car Reports.

So John thinks Nigeria,Iran Russia,Cuba, and North Korea will electrify their fleet first?

• Funny
Reactions: lklundin and AZRI11
I do appreciate the "buying opportunity" that we've been provided lately. However, the blatant market manipulation as documented by @Papafox and others will, in my opinion, never stop.

I say this for the following reasons:
1. Elon Musk has disrupted or is in the process of disrupting extremely profitable industries so for their own survival they need to stop him.
2. There's too much money to be made manipulating the stock. This is the more important reason, since unlike the industries which will eventually disappear, the "Street's" greed will never go away.

Last edited: