Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do appreciate the "buying opportunity" that we've been provided lately. However, the blatant market manipulation as documented by @Papafox and others will, in my opinion, never stop.

I say this for the following reasons:
1. Elon Musk has disrupted or is in the process of disrupting extremely profitable industries so for their own survival they need to stop him. 2. There's too much money to be made manipulating the stock. This is the more important reason, since unlike the industries which will eventually disappear, the "Street's" greed will never go away.

Except that manipulating the stock doesn't stop him. It makes no difference for Tesla if the SP is 200 or 400 if they don't plan on selling new stock to raise capital, which they don't need to do.

Just a headsup. In one week 3 major events will happen: Tau/2 day, Game of Thrones returns and most importantly Model Y is revealed. Gonna be an intense day! Not sure in which order I will consume pie, watch GoT and watch Model Y reveal. Thinking Y->Pie->GoT. Which order are you guys doing it?

Game of thrones doesn't come back until April 14th, a month after the Model Y reveal...

I don’t suppose someone that’s on twitter could tweet Elon and ask him about the Chademo adapter. I know folks down south think it’s useless but for us in this province it’s REALLY important and is literally a determining factor for our next car. The Supercharger network is awesome but with only 14 locations and Chademo completed or in progress north of 130 sites it is VERY important to us.

If someone doesn’t mind could they try tweeting Elon. We have tried every other channel with no response other than it is presently not available. We like the new Leaf but we LOVE the model 3.

Much appreciated.

John and Angela.

Elon has stated unequivocally he is not a micromanager.

Elon says he is a nanomanager. He won't stop til age slows him down.

Elon tweeted yesterday “that was a mistake [by Tesla]”, in response to Gali’s plea for better communications. In other words, he’s listening to criticism. He could not have missed the similar plea from Zac and Jesse on Now You Know.

I think we will soon see a pro appointed to handle Tesla communications. Now You Know suggested Catherine Wood. Somebody of her caliber would be ideal.

Reactions: lklundin
Elon tweeted yesterday “that was a mistake [by Tesla]”, in response to Gali’s plea for better communications. In other words, he’s listening to criticism. He could not have missed the similar plea from Zac and Jesse on Now You Know.

I think we will soon see a pro appointed to handle Tesla communications. Now You Know suggested Catherine Wood. Somebody of her caliber would be ideal.
Conflict of interest

• Disagree
How do they get access to the geolocation info of the IMEI of both someone's personal cell phone and of a Tesla car?
Maybe they buy it from https://www.factual.com or /https://www.airsage.com/about or many others who no doubt buy the raw data from the cellular carriers. I believe the IMEI numbers are hashed so you couldn't actually contact the phone, but you can figure out who you are tracking by cross-correlating with other data bases. MIT Finds Privacy Risks in Anonymized Mobile Data – MeriTalk

Alpha Hat has to sift through the data based on geographic filtering in order to filter out all the non-car and non-customer data. But that is a pretty simple task as I outlined in my original post.

• Informative
HW3 is powerful "computer".
It is not being used by autopilot/fsd when the car is charging or stationary.
Is there any way it can be used for some powerful apps or games when the car is not moving?

It’s powerful in a very particular way that isn’t conducive to general computing(said apps and games).

Think of it this way: your brain is far more powerful than any of these computers, yes? And yet, you would lose handily in a race to calculate, say, 512.1724 * 18492.1935 to a simple calculator from 30 years ago.

I was so ready to respond asking how your TRS-80 computer is working for you, and then I read further. ;)

I don't hit the "love" button often, but this post is truly worthy of it. Kudos, Karen. You will be an ambassador for Tesla in Iceland that will lead the way. I hope Tesla starts shipping to Iceland ASAP!

-Joe
I finally gave up on my TI-99 jokes several years ago because all I ever got was blank looks.

HW3 is powerful "computer".
It is not being used by autopilot/fsd when the car is charging or stationary.
Is there any way it can be used for some powerful apps or games when the car is not moving?
Not too many apps. It is a neural processor. It is no longer a GPU (like HW 2.5). While it is flexible enough to playback many kinds of neural nets, it is not going to do well on non neural tasks. They could possibly be used for training neural networks as well. So a set of 1000 cars could train a network quickly if the data was available.