Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Malls in small town America are dying, usually when one major employer leaves.

Low end malls in the suburbs are also struggling.

Premium malls in wealthy Cities and suburbs where Tesla has stores are doing just fine. They are moving from selling "stuff" that you can buy online to "experiences" , food, and services. Virtual reality bars, trendy eateries, grooming services etc.

Tesla seems to be keeping the stores in the "trendy" areas. For example, the one near my sister (who lives in the Woodlands, Texas) is in this place full of expensive restaurants, fashion stores, etc, and virtually ever car you see in the parking lot is expensive and new. It's not on the closure list.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Interesting note at the end of his paper he says:
"Citron continues to be long Tesla despite what our emails are telling us to do.

BTW When Tesla unveils its new Model S, we promise you that we will be one of the first customers on the waiting list. "

and provides this image below

Tesla-Report-320.jpg

Which I have to say is a pretty bad ass looking rendering

Reactions: AZRI11 and M|S|W
Many of us speculated that the Model 3's results in Consumer Reports' recent media blitz might not be representative of the current state of the Model 3 due to that dataset's age. TrueDelta took a special 2nd-half-of-2018 survey for certain models for which they felt that more recent data would be helpful. In it, the Model 3 showed dramatic reliability improvement.

Excerpt:

Tesla Model 3s sold in the latter half of 2018 with dual motors and other new features scored much better, 41 repair trips per 100 cars. We have a smaller sample size for these, 18 cars, but the improvement is so dramatic that it’s almost certainly a real one and not sampling error. In other words, Tesla might be getting its stuff together, at least on the reliability front.

Tesla Model Ss through the 2016 continue to require repairs two to three times as often as the average car, with stats ranging from 60 (for the older, out of warranty cars) to 88 for the 2015s. The 2016.5-2017 refreshed Tesla Model S, though, scored 31 for all of 2018, close to the average for all 2017 cars and even better than what we’re seeing for recent variants of the Model 3, suggesting that the improvement isn’t limited to the Model 3 or a fluke.

The 2016 Model X remained unreliable, if much less so than early on in its run, with a score of 77.

TrueDelta has people just sign up on their website, ownership is not validated. ;)

I noticed this on twitter, another annoying Tesla ankle bitter, Stuart Meissner Esquire at Law, out of 15 minutes of fame. TSLAQ is all excited and using this as an opportunity to buy puts. He says he's not in the market, so not restricted in when he announces, but he's targeting the most impactful timing possible on Monday right before the markets and making sure CNBC is ready to pick up the story. If he really had something and was really representing his client, he would settle quietly and out of court.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    385 KB · Views: 78
Didn't see this posted here --

Grant & Eisenhofer Files Suit Seeking to Block Elon Musk from Tweeting About Tesla

Excerpts:

Law firm Grant & Eisenhofer has brought suit on behalf of institutional investors against Elon Musk and the board Tesla Inc., asserting that the CEO's ongoing unchecked misstatements on Twitter have continued to harm the company and its shareholders.

The lawsuit, filed in Delaware Court of Chancery, seeks a declaratory judgment and a permanent injunction against Mr. Musk over his unchecked use of Twitter to make inaccurate statements about the company. The suit also alleges that the Tesla CEO and directors breached their fiduciary duty to shareholders by failing to rein in Mr. Musk's flaunting of controls supposedly in place to prevent further online misstatements.

Grant & Eisenhofer is representing the Laborers' District Council and Contractors' Pension Fund of Ohio, a Tesla shareholder.

Grant & Eisenhofer filed the lawsuit under seal; a public version is expected to be available by March 12. The firm has petitioned Vice Chancellor Joseph R. Slights III to hold a hearing as soon as possible on the plaintiffs' claims.

Interesting Feb. stats from the Netherlands.

Hyundai Motor Group combined EV sales the leader by far [736 total].
Also, Tesla Model 3 dominating the compact upscale sedan category:

1 – Tesla Model 3 – 472
2 – Mercedes C-Class – 411
3 – Volvo S/V60 PHEV – 301
4 – BMW 3-Series – 169
5 – Audi A4 – 131

Source EV Sales: Netherlands February 2019
by way of insideevs.com

Amazing, already #1 in BEV and in premium sedan as well. All of that with only 2 weeks registrations time versus 4 weeks all other.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Was just about to post this. Never thought I'd read something like this coming from Citron. May you live in interesting times, and all that!

Tesla-Report-320.jpg

Citron listens to competition – not critics

Over the years, Citron has clearly not been a fan of Tesla and we doubt Elon Musk will be the CEO for the next 10 years. Citron is also not a fan of his disrespect for the SEC and we have no doubt that he is guilty of a few REG FD violations.

And yes we are still suing for the $420 tweet

BUT

The volume of misinformation that comes through our computer on a daily basis has become breathtaking and the “vocal shorts” and critical media in this name have gone too far in their demonizing of Elon Musk.

We are not here to pick fights with anyone and we always respect solid work but let’s state the obvious on many of the vocal critics whose voices dominate the Tesla conversation.

Again, we were short the stock for several years and remain the lead plaintiff in suing Musk for his 420 tweet. However, his critics are over their skis.

EDIT: Here's the full note: https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Citron-Expects-Tesla-Rebound-to-320.pdf
Why does this remind me of Michael Cohen's recent testimony to Congress?

I agree with the current statements and these have always been obvious malicious deeds to everyone with half a brain, but I am not buying the bad guy having seen the light and turning good guy act. Still a self-serving slimy d-bag, only now realized the previous line of actions was unsustainable so pulled a 180. Talking about Citron/Left of course... :D

Seriously though the kind of thick skin one most have to be outraged at "the level of misinformation coming through their computers" as if they wouldn't have been the biggest Tesla FUD factory until a few months ago! Wow!

Last edited:
Tesla seems to be keeping the stores in the "trendy" areas. For example, the one near my sister (who lives in the Woodlands) is in this place full of expensive restaurants, fashion stores, etc, and virtually ever car you see in the parking lot is expensive and new.
The 2 Scottsdale AZ stores in high-end malls are not in the closure list someone posted earlier.

The 2 Scottsdale AZ stores in high-end malls are not in the closure list someone posted earlier.

One of the listed stores is near me and is in a higher-end mall around here; it just opened. I remember getting phone calls and e-mails inviting me out for a test drive around Christmas. Oops.

Edit: Worth adding that the store was in close proximity to a big / busy service center -- struck me as a bit duplicative to begin with.

I noticed this on twitter, another annoying Tesla ankle bitter, Stuart Meissner Esquire at Law, out of 15 minutes of fame. TSLAQ is all excited and using this as an opportunity to buy puts. He says he's not in the market, so not restricted in when he announces, but he's targeting the most impactful timing possible on Monday right before the markets and making sure CNBC is ready to pick up the story. If he really had something and was really representing his client, he would settle quietly and out of court.

Just saw something relating to this. What the hell is this about, I wonder...