Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed this on twitter, another annoying Tesla ankle bitter, Stuart Meissner Esquire at Law, out of 15 minutes of fame. TSLAQ is all excited and using this as an opportunity to buy puts. He says he's not in the market, so not restricted in when he announces, but he's targeting the most impactful timing possible on Monday right before the markets and making sure CNBC is ready to pick up the story. If he really had something and was really representing his client, he would settle quietly and out of court.

To whoever took that screenshot:

Dude... charge your cell phone....

Worth remembering that the stock fell on uncertainty, driven by the idea that store closures signaled a company in difficulty rather that a company with a plan (to offer the best product at the lowest price).

Every news story going forward that shows Tesla continuing to execute their plan, evaporates the uncertainty. It appears we are already seeing the restoration of confidence with today’s market activity.

Maybe. I don't believe malls are doing nearly as well as they were prior to the "every store in a mall is the same as every other mall" venue we have today. I can recall when going to malls in other cities was an adventure because of the different stores. Now it just doesn't matter. If you're not alert, you might actually forget what city you're in.

It seems the vast majority of Americans strongly prefer recognizable national or international brands as a quick guide to quality.

I prefer a mom 'n pop café to Starbucks but SB has killed the local café in malls. Ditto many other type of businesses.

Again, premium malls are doing fine though. Low end malls are dying fast. Middle class malls are getting killed or swallowed by discounters like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross etc.

Kind of like Consumer Reports. ;)

In any event, I'm not condoning TrueDelta as more authoritative than CR. But I've followed Karesh & co for more than a decade and have found his methods and analysis to be fair.

That was my point. Many of those attacking CR are pressing "informative" on True Delta report.

Maybe all of us should sign up to True Delta and say Model 3 is perfect whether we own one or not.

Ditto with a CR subscription. :p

That was my point. Many of those attacking CR are pressing "informative" on True Delta report.

Maybe all of us should sign up to True Delta and say Model 3 is perfect whether we own one or not.

Ditto with a CR subscription. :p

Ha. Certainly they're both subject to abuse. I found TD's update informative largely because it's at least purporting to use recent data.

Why does this remind me of Michael Cohen's recent testimony to Congress?

I agree with the current statements and these have always been obvious malicious deeds to everyone with half a brain, but I am not buying the bad guy having seen the light and turning good guy act. Still a self-serving slimy d-bag, only now realized the previous line of actions was unsustainable so pulled a 180. Talking about Citron/Left of course... :D

Seriously though the kind of thick skin one most have to be outraged at "the level of misinformation coming through their computers" as if they wouldn't have been the biggest Tesla FUD factory until a few months ago! Wow!

The Citron CEO does not remind me of the Michael Cohen. Citron saw that if they were the first major short seller of TSLA that publicly announced that they had covered their short position, the SP would shoot op and they would turn a very risky investment into a handsome gain (screwing over the other short sellers, but who cares).

From the tone of their last communication it sounds like Citron not only covered their short position, but actually bought into a long position.

Nothing illegal, just an above average smart capitalist. Unlike Michael Cohen.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: humbaba
Just saw something relating to this. What the hell is this about, I wonder...

Just remember what happened the last time the shorts claimed some crazy info would be released. They released it and it showed.... a consistent couple-month gap between Model 3 sales and registration.

Just more of them trying to goose the SP.

That is iffy. A normal GCFI trip point is 6 milliamps versus the GFCI built into electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) which are set at 20 milliamps. The higher level is needed due to EMI/EMC protection/ parasitic capacitance in the electric vehicle charger. Due to this, you can have nuisance tripping charging with a normal GFCI protected outlet. (damp can also be a factor).
Sorry I had to disagree. GFCI is now REQUIRED by the new electrical code. Yes it is STUPID but it is now required. THEY are trying to make EV ownership annoying.

EDIT for added link....
Code Question

• Helpful
Reactions: Lucky_Man