Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I know of. Of course, I didn't actually try the link ;)...
Looks like the Founders Series Semi is still available. I stopped at the screen where you enter your credit card info...

Founders Series Tesla Semi reservations require an initial $5,000 credit card payment. A $195,000 wire transfer payment is required for the first Founders Series Tesla Semi, plus a $200,000 wire transfer for each additional Founders Series Tesla Semi. Wire transfers are due within 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.

Clearly.

I'm gonna go see if SpaceX needs anybody to shine Raptor exhaust nozzles....

The Starhopper:

D1Je9YNX4AAllGO

Could definitely use another layer of wax and buffing.

Anecdotal: I talked to a trucker online who hauls for Telsa. He seemed like a fairly anti-EV person but said he liked the Semi once he got used to the layout and really enjoyed how powerful and smooth it was.

Now I'm imagining a pool of truckers bitten by the EV bug. "What? You want me to haul in a crappy ICE? No way mate. What do you think this is, bush week?"

Looks like the Founders Series Semi is still available. I stopped at the screen where you enter your credit card info...

Founders Series Tesla Semi reservations require an initial $5,000 credit card payment. A $195,000 wire transfer payment is required for the first Founders Series Tesla Semi, plus a $200,000 wire transfer for each additional Founders Series Tesla Semi. Wire transfers are due within 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.

I understand people paying extra for a Founders Series car, but I wonder who would buy a Founders Series Semi and why.

You mean like this?:

...from the guy who previously crowed:

If he isn't asking for a little ribbing or dismissive replies at the very least, if not outright derision at the most, then he might do with developing a little circumspection, eh?
I appreciate people defending me from personal attacks. That's interesting you went thru my post history. If you looked at that IQ post you should have also noted that poster on that thread deliberately asked us to state our IQ - not really being fair to me by not mentioning that....

That being said I do enjoy a little instigation to prompt critical thought.

I understand people paying extra for a Founders Series car, but I wonder who would buy a Founders Series Semi and why.

My guess is that the founders series are the long range version and will be delivered first. And probably come with all of the optional features, whatever those are. (For example, maybe the dynamic flaps between the cab and trailer are optional.)

Reactions: mongo
About time TSLA start advertising. Announce a new $10 mil budget. Pick one oufit that was never hostile and unfair and spend $5 mil to advertise with them. The other outfits will smarten up and fight for the rest of the $5mil ad dollars.

Public television and only advertise the mission. Tesla Corporation, accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Show high level videos and how Tesla is leading the research drive to eliminate Cobalt from batteries, building batteries to eliminate gas powered peaker plants and solar technology to replace coal plants. The world doesn't need a new vapid Bud light commercial, but sharing the mission and the milestones could help reimage the company. Today, too much of Tesla is about it's wild boss. I personally think that is ok and has been great in making the brand a powerful global icon, but it is also a meme that is used against Tesla. Build a media program that basically rows on the other side of the boat. Let Elon be Elon, but build a brand that represents the solid work behind the enigmatic entrepreneur. I think a lot of SEC pressure and other BS would be harder to stomach from above average news followers, if they did some brand control.
Siemens and other non-consumer facing companies do this all the time.

Do you guys think if there are enough ppl buying EAP and/or upgrading to FSD will bring Tesla to Q1 profit? I'm starting to think maybe that is a real possibility.
If they manage to pull off a profit in Q1, prepare for the most violent reversal TSLA has ever seen. Current sentiment for Tesla and auto industry in general is very low. Lots of people on the sidelines waiting for some clarification before jumping in.

The Tesla Semi offers serious competitive advantages, it is earning $100k a year through fuel savings alone per truck, and earlier delivery earns more money.

In colder climates diesel trucks are also pretty expensive to maintain.

Founders Series would be delivered first - while later reservation holders might have to wait a year or more.