Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also disappointed that there was no extended long range version with about 375 to 400 miles of range.

300 miles just doesn't cut it for most people. I sure hope Tesla is holding back on their next big battery upgrade. It's been almost 3 years since we've seen any real improvement range wise.

I really thought Tesla was going to blow this reveal out the water - given the last couple have been duds. But, this one made the last couple seem like the super bowl in comparison. Talk about a snoozfest!

This angle looks good (from tesla model y page)
cq5dam.tinypng.1440.auto.jpg

300 mile range and $47K - this is cheaper than Model 3 (of course without the Fed tax credit).
No, the Model 3 Long Range RWD is currently $43,000, will probably be about $44-44.5k next week.

So, trying to get things approximately compared for what you can order today (note that you'll get the car a year and a half earlier for the Model 3, too):

LR RWD: $43,000 vs. $47,000 ($4000 premium)
Dual Motor: $47,000 vs. $51,000 ($4000 premium)
Performance: $58,000 vs. $60,000 ($2000 premium)

I'm going to compare the Model 3 SR+ to the Model Y SR, so $37,000 vs. $39,000 ($2000 premium) there, but that's all subject to a lot of change.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I'm glad he gave everyone a history lesson. It is incredible that in less than ten years he went from nothing to: Roadster, S, X, 3, Semi prototype, new Roadster prototype, Y, solar roof, energy storage, and the leader in autonomous vehicles. The growth is really staggering. Everyone should realize that the market cap is too low.

I'm also disappointed that there was no extended long range version with about 375 to 400 miles of range.

300 miles just doesn't cut it for most people. I sure hope Tesla is holding back on their next big battery upgrade. It's been almost 3 years since we've seen any real improvement range wise.

I really thought Tesla was going to blow this reveal out the water - given the last couple have been duds. But, this one made the last couple seem like the super bowl in comparison. Talk about a snoozfest!
Yeah. This was more of a presentation on the history of Tesla with the last 5 minutes barely showing the Y. Definitely not an exciting reveal. I get that they don't want to osborne 3 sales, but why not just wait to do this reveal later when they can really show the Y in detail?

FAQ: Model Y Order Faq | Tesla

"Model Y is available to order in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Belgium and Spain. You will be able to order Model Y in additional markets soon."

"Model Y production will begin in late 2020 in North America, with deliveries beginning shortly after. Production will begin in Europe and China in the first half of 2021, with deliveries beginning shortly after."

I get that they are going for ease of production over everything and that's why it looks more or less exactly the same as the 3, down to the same exact lights on both

This is virtually how every car manufacture builds their product. Take a look at the bmw 3, 4, 5, and 7 series. They look similar, and their suv/crossovers also look similar. Same with mercedes, Audi..

Last edited: