Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bullish AF but the market doesn't seem to have caught onto it:

Tesla is asking employees to volunteer and help deliver 30,000 cars before the end of the quarter

An email from Tesla to employees states: "We need your help to make more progress in volunteer sign ups. We have to deliver 30,000 more cars in next 15 days."

Even if you want to pretend that was 30k globally in half a month, that'd be bullish. But Tesla's employees who don't already work on delivery are overwhelmingly in the US. This may well be a 30k domestic delivery goal by the end of the quarter.

the one thing i dont like about this is tesla cares to much about the share price other wise they wouldn't dot this mad rush before the end of the quarter. They should just say screw wall street and just focus on running the business more smooth.

the one thing i dont like about this is tesla cares to much about the share price other wise they wouldn't dot this mad rush before the end of the quarter. They should just say screw wall street and just focus on running the business more smooth.

As noted anecdotally in this thread, Tesla's share price can have a direct impact on demand, vis-à-vis consumers' perception of the company's continued viability, as well as employee morale / ability to attract and retain talent.

So, I'd say it does actually matter to an extent.

That's why Elon wanted to take Tesla private, to avoid these silly late quarter rushes just to make a quarter look good.

Many (all?) of their employees are compensated with stock as part of their pay packet. It affects their morale to see the stock price plummet, so it is actually in the company's interest to look after it even in the short term. Doesn't always mean they can, but they can try.

Bullish AF but the market doesn't seem to have caught onto it:

Tesla is asking employees to volunteer and help deliver 30,000 cars before the end of the quarter

An email from Tesla to employees states: "We need your help to make more progress in volunteer sign ups. We have to deliver 30,000 more cars in next 15 days."

Even if you want to pretend that was 30k globally in half a month, that'd be bullish. But Tesla's employees who don't already work on delivery are overwhelmingly in the US. This may well be a 30k domestic delivery goal by the end of the quarter.

I saw on twitter they were delivering 200 cars a day in the shanghai Tesla distribution center. How is that even possible from one location?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and AZRI11
I getcha, but they do have to file their books on a quarterly basis and having production in inventory doesn't work well. And the rate at which they are making and selling cars means they have to match an order to a produced car so the production fire hose can't really be tweaked finely so this is what we get.

I did notice that, despite the lateness in the quarter, they are still shipping overseas so in that regard they don't seem to care about having "too many" vehicles in transit, but I can easily so how they would need to keep deliveries at a high pace to keep up with production.

Its a mad race from factory to customer. I love it!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I saw on twitter they were delivering 200 cars a day in the shanghai Tesla distribution center. How is that even possible from one location?
Depends on how many hours they are open, but if it takes 15 minutes for paperwork and hand off (mine was longer, but there were some unusual conditions*) that is 4/hr/employee so 50 employee-hours of work?

* the key cards somehow got locked in the car before I could get my phone paired -- rectifying the situation was not easy.

I think there has been a surge in number of orders in last 15-20 days. (price cuts/reversion)
Also final 2-4 ships arrive in EU/China a week prior to quarter ending.

+ whether 30K gets delivered by end of quarter, at least shows 30K of current demand is there. the tslaq parking lots are shrinking ...

Last edited:
That's why Elon wanted to take Tesla private, to avoid these silly late quarter rushes just to make a quarter look good.

Or from a different perspective, if the company is not madly scrutinized every quarter by the public, Tesla may not be where they are now. Key word to their mission statement is "accelerate". Elon is forced to push Tesla to accelerate beyond reasonable because of the pressures from investors. It actually goes hand in hand with their mission as a side effect of being publicly traded.

• Helpful
Reactions: humbaba