Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems all Waymo One riders so far were "upgraded" from the Early Rider (aka beta) program. They are still bound by their Early Rider NDA with respect to those trips, but are free to speak about their Waymo One trips. Reddit user Shawn88AZ is the best known. He's posted a couple videos of rides and has answered some questions.

I don't keep links of rider reports, but here's one I found (scroll way down for this comment, but the whole thread is worthwhile):
Generally I can have it pick me up and drop me off right where I need it to be. There are some restrictions for drop off locations, but these are few and far between and typically it is only a 50-100 foot walk. On only two occasions did I have to walk 1000 or so feet and this was more due to there not being a crosswalk nearby.
So far, this has not inhibited the use of the service for me, but there are some locations on the map that I am sure would inhibit the service for a few people. Even then, these are areas where I feel most people would not even notice unless they studied the map like I have."​

OK, that's one rider report that contradicts your claim. Now it's your turn to document just one of the "every single one" you've encountered that supports your claim.
The thing about Waymo is it is operating in such limited locations/conditions. I think outside of California, many if not most people would not even have heard of it. There is more awareness about Tesla because they are everywhere, even though the tech currently falls well short of full self driving. Tesla is known for the cars driving themselves. It's almost impossible to develop that public perception without wide coverage/exposure. If Tesla makes another step jump in the tech soon, public perception is going to shift that much further in the direction of Tesla leading the development. It may be different in California, but it's a big world outside of that state.

DE.PNG

View attachment 398772

EV Sales: Germany March 2019

It’s just a flesh wound

Yeah, there is too much info to manage in the current catch-all thread. I much prefer what we had before. Does anyone actually prefer it this way? I feel like we lost quite a few valuable posters partly due to how near-impossible it is to keep up with this thread. I think we should have a general interest thread and a market/stock related thread again.
It's not going well at the moment, but when the market is open it's a little more focused.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
You lack the humor gene. But moreover, the SEC required Tesla ADD two more independent board members. Would make no logical sense to now have Tesla remove two this year and two more next year. :rolleyes:
There are other places I go to on the Internet for humour. I thought this was supposed to be an investor forum but it’s becoming increasingly hard to tell these days, maybe it’s not.

I’m sure you’re showing off your famous humour here and can actually see the difference between an independent non exec and a non-exec chosen by the ceo/largest shareholder.

Stripping out the Elon Friendlies from the board is a necessary but insufficient step to Tesla becoming what Elon called a “proper” company, and hence investable to a broad base of institutional money. You know, that thing that has to happen for us all to start making money off this stock again.

The CEO not having an SEC case hanging over his head is another. Musk already identified consistent profit making as another. Having sufficiently robust liquidity to being the credit rating up from B- to BBB would be another good one.

They resigned from that because no one respected that distinction, so instead of strictly enforcing moderation they simply merged those two threads.
I think what we need is for the moderators to simply delete any and all off topic posts in the stock market thread. If done consistently people will learn. I think the old system failed because the moderators weren’t ruthless enough. (I would volunteer to be such a moderator, if I could do only that and not have to deal with all the other things moderators usually deal with.)

Honestly, I think we do a pretty good job of limiting the off topic stuff to after hours/weekend times. For me, and it's just me, I enjoy being able to laugh with these people every now and then (yeah, I know I am one of the worst "offenders"). When I did have a significant amount invested in Tesla (don't anymore because that was my down payment on Patience) the stress of the daily ups and downs were gratefully mitigated by some humor now and then.

I understand what you're saying but I do enjoy the human side of this thread and the wonderfully diverse opinions and personalities from all over the world. But again, that's just me.

Dan
Tesla/TSLA related news do happen during the after hours/weekend times. Quite regularly, I would say. For example, just a few hours ago there was news about Tesla reducing the size of its board and I almost missed it because of all the off topic posts. Moreover, people do post on topic even when there is no news, and I want to read that.

How do you know these changes are not something that has spun out of the conversations with the SEC?
My thoughts were this is part of the eventual agreement with the SEC. I'd expect to see new board members announced to replace those going soon.

If they can bring on Ellison caliber members that would be a good thing for all.

Fully charged, my MX has 428kms of range, but in order to achieve that I'd have to drive below the speed limit on the highway, that would be assuming it was a warm, sunny day and no elevation changes, plus I'd have to keep it in Chill Mode.

If there was a 200kWh battery option, I would have bought that - today on the German autobahns I was chewing up 420W/km...
That would double the weight of the battery, so you’d probably use up 400 or 500 Wh/km on every km you drive, even on your local streets.

There are other places I go to on the Internet for humour. I thought this was supposed to be an investor forum but it’s becoming increasingly hard to tell these days, maybe it’s not.

I’m sure you’re showing off your famous humour here and can actually see the difference between an independent non exec and a non-exec chosen by the ceo/largest shareholder.

Stripping out the Elon Friendlies from the board is a necessary but insufficient step to Tesla becoming what Elon called a “proper” company, and hence investable to a broad base of institutional money. You know, that thing that has to happen for us all to start making money off this stock again.

The CEO not having an SEC case hanging over his head is another. Musk already identified consistent profit making as another. Having sufficiently robust liquidity to being the credit rating up from B- to BBB would be another good one.

The entire board is Elon friendlies. If you think otherwise, that’s hilarious.

If you think Elon cares about institutional investors enough to tailor Tesla to their standards after not taking the company private to show loyalty to the retail investors, also hilarious.

Elon isn’t motivated by money. He understands its value and his need for it to see his goals reached, but that’s not the same as being motivated by it. That’s why you’re confused about what needs to happen for you (because I’m already way in the money as are many others here) to make money off this stock. Your best bet is to simply follow Wall Street and its kissing cousin Media because you don’t have the patience to wait out the storm.

Elon has been preparing Tesla for independence and its own ability to be self-sustainable. Elon is also preparing Tesla to survive a predicted coming recession. And he’s preparing it to essentially take over multiple trillion dollar sectors and crush everything in its path.

You put way too much stock in the SEC, Moodys and all those entities. They’re all irrelevant in the end, like human FSD babysitters.

And yeah, I can find the humor is almost everything including investing. Life is one big, fat I Love Lucy episode.