Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
China will hike tariffs on $60 billion worth of U.S. imports, starting on June 1. The goods targeted include a broad range of agricultural products.

@PANN

cnbc didn’t state autos, but i didn’t see all details listed anywhere nor did i search hard enough yet

I read the tariff list published by China government, no auto (and Tesla). Also on SeekingAlpha (Auto sector skids after China tariff shot - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (OTCMKTS:BMWYY) | Seeking Alpha). Highlight mine.

Auto stocks are down in early trading after China threatens to raise tariffs on $60B worth of U.S. goods starting on June 1. Even if auto tariffs aren't part of the picture, an extension of the trade squabble impacts production and manufacturing decisions within the automobile industry.

This stock price is absolutely totally and utterly insane. Compared to the market cap of uber / lyft... tesla stock is totally insane. The stock market is a heavy manipulated joke right now.

That assumes the market cap for Uber and Lyft is reasonable. Apparently wasn’t when they IPO’d, as both are down by approx 20% in a matter of weeks (Lyft) and days (Uber). A lot of people who purchased real estate b/w 2004-2007 believed they were getting a good deal based on the sale prices of similar properties. We all know how that turned out,

I’m not suggesting one way of the other whether TSLA stock is over or undervalued today, but my determination would not be made by comparing its value to either of those two companies.

I would think it would not be difficult for the states to get odometer readings. Before getting a tag renewal, cars need to get their annual safety/emissions test which is forwarded to the state. If that doesn't include odometer readings, it would be an easy add. When you get your tag, road use taxes could be automatically calculated based upon milage and vehicle type.
The state of Minnesota can't even get license plates and tab renewals done correctly because of their botched computer upgrade that has been in the works for 10 years. Titles are taking months to receive in some cases and they are often incorrect. No thanks. We do not have an annual inspection and I would hate for them to use this as an excuse to add one. Dealt with that in Virginia for 10 years. We don't need more bureaucratic infrastructure.