Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this can cheer you folks up. Since your investment research isn't as robust as TSLAQ I'll provide you with my latest report fwiw..
*not investment advice*
TOM Collins on Twitter

"It's production being down, not sales". Love it..

Anyways, this stock look like ass..I'll have to buy some in a few since I love ass.

That's good to know. I wonder if the prices are better on TD when placed by a real person. When placing on etrade online, my cost is usually a little higher than other recent orders.

Another FYI: I asked how much the commission was: He said: How much do you want to buy; Me: (making something up quickly as I wanted a day to think it over) '$30K'.......commision on 30K was $240.

this is getting tiring. it goes down every day but we still sit here in this same range. it’s basically psychological warfare at this point.

everything about it. the media attacks, the price action...
they’re trying to make it so there’s no point in wanting the products or the stock, because neither is worth the drama.

Car industry is just very under pressure, it's probably the most challenged among the manufacturing players, as they're switching technology and migrating private ownership into platform based shared ones. Tesla just leapfrogged profitability to get into the subscription based shared economy. This is too fast for analysts and brokers, very fast for the competition and probably also for the debt exposure of the company. That happens when you decide to lead the way.
IMHO, as far as the foreseable Tesla's future involves:
  1. AI based self driven technology
  2. Car sharing platform
  3. Fully EV drivetrain
  4. Leadership in car (and storage) batteries
then the strategy is the right one. The way to achieve it has to be risky and EM's guidance of on average breaking even every quarter until the car sharing (aka robotaxi) platform is ready sounds like okay to me.
All the rest is noise and manipulation.

Dear Client,

In light of the current trading environment, IBKR will be increasing the margin requirement for all Tesla Inc. (TSLA) products (Stock, Equity Options, Futures and CFDs). The first in a series of margin increasing steps is scheduled for May 29, 2019.

Trading accounts holding Stocks, Equity Options, Futures and CFDs should expect the margin requirement to increase to a minimum of 40%, up from its current level of 30%. Please note that in risk-based accounts other house margin charges may increase the margin requirement above the 10% indication. The increases will be implemented in a series of gradual steps over a 10-day period in order to allow traders to adjust their portfolios and/or capital positions accordingly. As such, traders should plan on the minimum margin to increase 1% every day, starting after the US close on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, and concluding after the US close on Friday, June 7, 2019.

As the effect of this change is portfolio-dependent, we strongly recommend that you review the impact of this change before its full implementation on Friday June 7, 2019, and arrange to have sufficient excess financial capacity to absorb the expected margin increases and take action, if necessary, to ensure margin compliance throughout the implementation period in order to avoid liquidations

To evaluate the impact of this change on your portfolio, please utilize IBKR's Risk NavigatorSM to understand how margin will change based upon the current holdings in your portfolio, as well as to determine the margin requirement for any portfolio that you may elect to construct/test. To evaluate the impact of this proposed change on your margin requirements, please see KB2957 and, from the margin mode setting, select "TSLA Margin 20190607".

Consistent with our stated policy, an account that is unable to carry the positions under these new margin requirements will be subject to liquidation in order to bring the account into margin compliance.

Please contact your local Client Services Center should you have any questions regarding this notice.

Interactive Brokers Client Services

Another FYI: I asked how much the commission was: He said: How much do you want to buy; Me: (making something up quickly as I wanted a day to think it over) '$30K'.......commision on 30K was $240.

That seems like a lot for $30k. My commission has been $100 per $100k. Otoh, it seems like I'm always paying a bit more on the spread. What rate were you quoted for the convertible?

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
E4FA430B-BB3A-4A6B-8FC1-464121CA95FE.jpeg
This afternoon I plugged my P3D into a wind-powered charging station at Crissy Field and added 48 miles over two hours while enjoying a walk to and from the Golden Gate Bridge. I now feel much better about the absurd short-term movement of TSLA. :)

Some Thoughts On Elon Musk's Emails To Employees — & The Media + Wall Street's Response | CleanTechnica

I'm sure this has been posted but I'm behind and in case it hasn't it is a good read. And EM responded on twitter to it.

Shout out to @ZachShahan for a good write up.

Thanks. His response was pretty simple, but all that I think was needed (made me happy :D and indicates that my* super complicated assessment was accurate :p): "Yup"

Elon Musk on Twitter

*I should say "our" — referenced at least one person here.

View attachment 412991 This afternoon I plugged my P3D into a wind-powered charging station at Crissy Field and added 48 miles over two hours while enjoying a walk to and from the Golden Gate Bridge. I now feel much better about the absurd short-term movement of TSLA. :)
Does that charger have ads on it? I think Tesla should look into that as a way to fund the SC cost.