Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many others are in a similar situation as myself. I'm tapped out at the moment and the foreseeable future so I can't take advantage of these prices, and with the huge hit to my portfolio this year I can't justify my purchase of a Model 3 so I'm going to get my $1k deposit back. Might as well use it to buy a few more shares. *sigh* The wait for ≡ continues...

Sorry to hear that, I hope things turn around and you can enjoy some M3 goodness!

I wonder how many others are in a similar situation as myself. I'm tapped out at the moment and the foreseeable future so I can't take advantage of these prices, and with the huge hit to my portfolio this year I can't justify my purchase of a Model 3 so I'm going to get my $1k deposit back. Might as well use it to buy a few more shares. *sigh* The wait for ≡ continues...

Definitely can't take advantage of current situation. However, i have the car and enjoy driving it.

What I have heard teased so far let me to believe that Tesla’s P/U would be some sort of Hummer on Steroids, much larger than an F-150 and unlikely to fit in my garage ... However, that great tease from Elon of $50k being the maximum for introductory price really made me take notice.
Pricing made me more confident that the image of a normal sized pickup among other Teslas on the carrier was the real deal. <<< . I'm willing to bet an unusual shape is hidden underneath fake panels covering the cab sections, hiding what's really under there, so not necessarily the normal truck shape it appears to be.

Please evaluate...

Strategy of setting a purchase price of $5 below weekly low for 100 shares. Likely facing further FUD until reasonable good news... 5 weeks?

Right now media is really pushing a story about Tesla as though it was not worth buying as a takeover even to scrap the tech and facilities...CNBC

This tells me that they really can’t get any lower, like the $10/share baloney. Can FUD get overdone... I think so.

Macro story is turning as well... Trumps strange prayer support and visit at a church yesterday... tariffs for Mexico and Australia... bizarre!

I think we are looking at getting a bounce... things are getting extreme and there is an election around the corner.

Sadly, Q1 forwards set TSLA up for a 6 month party for FUD. I will never forget the Champaign toast tweet. Looking forward for payback.

Well if you buy a Tesla with cash from selling drugs to children I might say the good you are doing is outweighed by how you got your money. Not so sure who you took the money from by shorting the stock. People who bought it too high or just had temporarily unlucky timing? In my book you're slightly on the good side (and smart). Plus you're sending money to Tesla from the stock market. What good is a high stock price if the company doesn't get any of it...

Well I bought a Bolt since they still had the 7500 credit But it was an EV so that is good I was on the Model 3 wait list but needed a car before the 3 was ready for me

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and madodel
Positive notes:

Just was able to rollover another 401k account into my IRA, 77 more shares secured at 180.

Also was listening to some sports podcast (which has BMW advertisements) and they making analogies to Tesla's Autopilot (e.g. "what's Tezlas self-driving, AutoCar, AutoDrive, err?"). Anyways interesting to see it seep into more pop culture conversation / free advertising)

And....? TSLA dropped more even without such news.

I remember someone on this thread not too long ago said he had to cancel his X order because of the SP slide. So, you are not alone. In fact, I’m sure many, if not majority of, people here have delayed purchasing something expensive because of TSLA. Just 100 shares bought 3 months ago would have you $10,000 in the red (and even more if you’re like many here who has been catching this falling knife).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Skryll
Negative thoughts:

I think assessing any high probability of L4/L5 FSD robocars in the next few years is insane, and I really hope Tesla's profitability is not dependent on it. Of course having all the talent and data working on it makes us hopeful, but to get it to the level of robotaxis just has to be seen as unlikely in a valuation model.

I was just talking to a friend who works at Waymo on Lidar problems, and of course you can imagine his opinion. He sees cameras as simply too inconsistent in their ability to perceive objects & distance and all that (vs Lidar of course). I don't think he has experience with how cameras / deep learning will do with lots of real world varied daita, but I just don't think it's a given at this point.

Rather, I am optimistic that Tesla will basically have Autopilot like features on surface streets too, but still require user monitoring. Will this increase the take rate / asking price for FSD option? I would hope so.

Yes, but I bought my Model 3 before jumping back into TSLA.

Sorry to hear that, I hope things turn around and you can enjoy some M3 goodness!
I've been waiting since 2006 for a Tesla, I'm patient. At this point it's a race between the stock turning around and prices for wrecked 3's dropping. I'll get a 3 one way or another, doing a rebuild would be more in character.

My plan on the downside was to buy more at $180 but as no matter what we think as retail investors it appears WS is defining Tesla as a distressed company and pressuring TSLA downward.

Despite what we may think/like to happen, the recent additional info about a Tesla truck did very little for the SP.

WS does not care what 'positive' things EM says anymore, it is all about 'show me the money', (OK, execute: produce and deliver), to get us (WS) to shut up and have big institutions start buying in large quantities again. Over time. consistently hitting targets will bring back EM credibility.

I moved my use 'Tesla cash' to buy at $172, from $180. Nibble only there. I would share my further buy level but it depresses me to even discuss/share:oops:

The SH meeting may have a positive catalyst surprise but really the only thing to change the narrative now is Q2 ER/CC. The ER is more important that the CC at this point as it is all about execution/proof (steak) while the CC is more about 'sizzle' and WS only cares about steak right now.

I don't post here much because I'm just not that tech or investment savvy.

However, I do know you are one of the biggest douchebags that has ever populated this thread.

If you were standing in front of me, I'd slap you around like I'm sure you do with that inflatable doll you own.

Hmm... interesting analysis.
Is it because I don’t share the same short term outlook as you on TSLA?

With almost 1k shares and 2 Tesla’s, I probably have more invested in hoping for success of Tesla than you do.

My plan on the downside was to buy more at $180 but as no matter what we think as retail investors it appears WS is defining Tesla as a distressed company and pressuring TSLA downward.

Despite what we may think/like to happen, the recent additional info about a Tesla truck did very little for the SP.

WS does not care what 'positive' things EM says anymore, it is all about 'show me the money', (OK, execute: produce and deliver), to get us (WS) to shut up and have big institutions start buying in large quantities again. Over time. consistently hitting targets will bring back EM credibility.

I moved my use 'Tesla cash' to buy at $172, from $180. Nibble only there. I would share my further buy level but it depresses me to even discuss/share:oops:

The SH meeting may have a positive catalyst surprise but really the only thing to change the narrative now is Q2 ER/CC. The ER is more important that the CC at this point as it is all about execution/proof (steak) while the CC is more about 'sizzle' and WS only cares about steak right now.

Excellent point. I totally forgot about the Annual Shareholder meeting. I'm sure we'll get plenty more questions from surprised/stunned/aggravated shareholders. Realistically though I don't see much moving the needle. The only thing that can stop the bleeding is a execution sonata in Q2.

The problem is everything thinks there's a demand issue.

Reactions: neroden