Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my point is there are lower average load times per ship to China by a noticeable amount. Compared to a higher one this quarter to Europe.

Why is that?:rolleyes:

Seriously? o_O

If your intent is to disrupt the forum I'm not biting anymore. You failed to answer why you thought the Chinese inventory was excessive.

Yes, my point is there are lower average load times per ship to China by a noticeable amount. Compared to a higher one this quarter to Europe.

Why is that?:rolleyes:
You're making an assumption that any given ship has more or less slots for Tesla cars by the time it reaches the port. Why is that?

Also, with no knowledge as to how many drivers there to load any given ship, your time-to-load is a moot point.

Plus, products based on technology doesn’t usually appreciate in price because technology is always advancing and making it cheaper.
Respectfully, I think this statement is seriously wide of the mark. Even if true, it wouldn't apply to a product whose technology allows it to improve itself via over-the-air update. Maybe it applies to something, but I don't see application to current Tesla vehicles. In fact, the oppose is true.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Sorry I misspoke. What I meant is they have limited capacity every year. IIRC elon said he expected roadster 2 sales <10k/y. So the designed production capacity would be less than 10k/y, at least in the first couple years.

Who said that? (Besides yourself)

Maybe they will have only 1,000 or so for the first production of the Founder’s model. Don’t know about the original roadster, but the Founder’s series aren’t anything special.

Besides, Tesla as a brand is not in the supercar category. The more 2020 roadster they can sell, the better for their financials.
Tesla cars are about the technology, and technology always advances.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
OK, fair enough, that wasn't enough evidence. So, more evidence that he IS willing to stand on the shoulders of others -- he is not intent on reinventing the wheel, avoids it actually.

He tried to get Alan Cocconi to commercialize the t-zero (standing on the shoulders of others), then licensed from them (standing on the shoulders of others). He read every antique Russian rocket manual there was at SpaceX (standing on the shoulders of others). He financed Eberhard & Tarpenning's electric car company instead of starting his own. And originally, Teslas were designed to plug into standard NEMA outlets rather than inventing an entirely new car charger which you had to hardwire into your house.

He is perfectly happy to stand on the shoulders of giants. When the giants falter in his opinion, however, he builds his own giants. That's the control aspect.

I don’t agree that represents standing on the shoulders of others.

Just because he was willing to support some things he thought were important to humanity doesn’t mean he was willing to stand on shoulders. Clearly not because when it became apparent those he wanted to support failed/were failing at the tasks he took the gauntlet up himself.

Someone who wants to stand on the shoulders of others is someone who wants to be in the limelight without having done any of the work. That’s my definition anyway. Elon Musk has done more than his share of the work and never fails to give credit to others.

Tesla has some serious “influencer” love right now on YouTube which is so opposite to CNBC and other big media.

We are in an era where old media is getting squeezed by the new, creating two realities. Old school lives in one, new school lives in the other.

Why we see such a polarization. This is a mega trend of which Elon and Tesla are on the winning side. The YouTube influencer metric is but just one significant indicator.

You're making an assumption that any given ship has more or less slots for Tesla cars by the time it reaches the port. Why is that?

Also, with no knowledge as to how many drivers there to load any given ship, your time-to-load is a moot point.

I’m making no assumption on ship size, just comparing deliveries in Q1 ships and load times to Q2.

This guys are professionals. Europe has matched its prior Q1 load time and exceeded.

You are implying the Chinese ship loads 50% faster now compared with Q1. That is not logical unless there is a reduction in cars loaded.

Someone who wants to stand on the shoulders of others is someone who wants to be in the limelight without having done any of the work. That’s my definition anyway.
Standing on the shoulders of giants - Wikipedia

Nani sumus gigantum humeris insidentes

Bernard of Chartres and Isaac Newton do not agree. Standing on the shoulder of giants is what you do to make progress, while you humbly recognise that those before you share credit for your achievements.

The alternative is reinventing the wheel. Or worse, not making progress at all while claiming that you're the greatest ever.

Last edited:
You are implying the Chinese ship loads 50% faster now compared with Q1. That is not logical unless there is a reduction in cars loaded.

You can really get yourself into trouble drawing conclusions based upon such scanty and tenuous info. How long it took to load a ship? When did the counter start/stop?

You and I have no idea why the ships loaded faster, how many people were actively involved or how it went. I can think of 100 SNAFU's on one hand or efficiency improvements on another hand. Without knowing more, I certainly wouldn't attribute it to any particular thing, especially not that fewer cars were being loaded.

Also if anyone disagrees with this (@kuggerrand) go check the last carrier they just sent to China, .48 of a day, lowest carrier by far to date.

For China carriers:
1.12 avg days spent loading in Q1 vs 2.12 avg days spent loading in Q2.

Close on the spelling and not holding it against you or the specific shoutout.

Assuming does you know what. ;)

Reactions: StealthP3D
Right, I very well understand that. (Although not my flavor, I have a friend who is a classic collector).
What I’m trying to say is Tesla has not indicated any mention of limiting 2020 Roadster production. So, it won’t be appreciating because of rarity as far as we know right now. Also, like I said, nothing in Tesla’s best financial interest to be limiting any kind of production with demand present.

Their Founder’s cars has not been much, if any, different from their regular non-Founders cars. They’re just older builds. Plus, products based on technology doesn’t usually appreciate in price because technology is always advancing and making it cheaper.
Elon stated it would be limited to 10k. Or at least he said that was what he was thinking. You can apply the same thing to cars really. It's not like any cars built from 2000 and back have better performance or specs than new cars. Old corvettes and mustangs are dogs. Slow, hot etc. Still valuable though.

I’m making no assumption on ship size, just comparing deliveries in Q1 ships and load times to Q2.

This guys are professionals. Europe has matched its prior Q1 load time and exceeded.

So if there are more drivers loading a ship, it loads faster. Is that logical enough for you?

If there are less available slots due to other manufacturers cars already on the ship, hence less space for Tesla cars, the ship will load faster. Is that not logical as well to you?

Unless you know all the factors that affect loading times, and/or are in possession of the ships manifest, any attempts to equate "loading times" from one Q to another is not possible. Logically speaking.