Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m coming from the north, but I guess that means charge up full in SLO. Thanks for the info, wouldn’t have expected that.

For those coming from the south, there's a new 12-stall Supercharger under construction at Ojai, NNW of the current Oxnard one. Also, the SLO one just opened at the middle of last year, so I'm not sure whether that was accounted for when discussing wait times during launches. Also the two in Thousand Oaks were from last year, as was Santa Clarita.

Reactions: VValleyEV
For those coming from the south, there's a new 12-stall Supercharger under construction at Ojai, NNW of the current Oxnard one. Also, the SLO one just opened at the middle of last year, so I'm not sure whether that was accounted for when discussing wait times during launches. Also the two in Thousand Oaks were from last year, as was Santa Clarita.
Ojai is not really on the way if you are taking 101 though. Tesla really need to build that one in Santa Barbara....

Usually an error.

Whenever I see this - I reload the chart and the big spike goes away. There was no 735k spike today. Max has been 92k around 9:40 AM.
These are likely 'arranged trades', per @Fact Checking earlier this Spring.

The 2nd spike was recorded on NASDAQ: (12-38pm $242.955 736.6k)

TSLA.chart.2019-07-12.17-25.png

All the lies TSLAQ says about Tesla are just projection of the sleazy practices of GM and Ford.

Ford knew Focus, Fiesta had flawed transmission, sold them anyway
e-news.us - news portal, radio news, politics, finance, world news lifestyle, Arts, Lifestyle
This is nothing new. In the mid 80's I bought a Ford Taurus, which was a brand new model. Though I wanted a 6cyl model all they had were 4cyl. That should have been a clue, but I was even dumber then, then I am now. I bought the 4cyl and it was always underpowered but what was worse was the really crappy transmission in the 4cyl Taurus. When I finally couldn't take the endless breakdowns any more I tried to trade it in at a Ford dealer for a new Taurus (by then they no longer made the 4cyl model) they didn't want it because they said no one would buy it. They had no problems selling the POS to me though. They are all crooks. Their tag line should be "Screwing over buyers is Job 1".

Edit: Added article title which for some reason didn't appear between the link tags.

Last edited:
It appears as if the person who made the first 10 share trade at $245 triggered a bunch of automated trades.
Did we break an upper BB or something? Not really following them.

It seems to me P&D news is old, something something about production increase, but you won't know the effect until Q3. Financial results unknown. So, is there a reason for runup before ER on 24th? Of couse, can be random too.

Yeah I am very skeptical of those so called "experts" ever since I started following Tesla 5 years ago. My Dad watches Jim Kramer all the time and I was telling him that Jim is an idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about. Well it least when it comes to TSLA he is an idiot.

My friends were telling me they would invest in TSLA if Elon wasn't the CEO but since he is they won't invest. I was like wow the media is really good at getting it in your head that he should not be CEO. The company is where it is today because of him. Really struck me how effective the propaganda campaign really is. It makes me wonder what else am I being lied to about?
Jim Cramer is a performing idiot who clueless investors like to watch for his idiotic antics and insane rants. Elon does dumb things (try getting a service appointment these days), but he is to Tesla what Jobs was to Apple. Tesla will survive without his vision but it won't be as innovative and brilliant as it is today.

Btw, what makes you assume that the first hour of Monday will have a run up?

For the past 4 weeks, TSLA has climbed on Monday if the Friday before was positive and the trend leading into close was positive. In 3 of the 4 Mondays, TSLA opened noticeably higher on Monday than it closed on Friday and in 1 case TSLA opened neutral (after some manipulations) before closing up for the day.

Today's TSLA performance was particularly important since TSLA (to my eye) has been under some pretty heavy manipulations since the P&D Report. Today was a day when the manipulations were clearly defeated, and that will encourage some longs to jump in Monday morning.

Nothing is certain with this stock, particularly if the FUDsters come up with something that gets traction. Macros could decide if the manipulators get the upper hand on Monday or if they get defeated for the 2nd day in a row. I suspect the bulls are getting bolder now that there's been so much good news in the past few weeks. Although the Q2 ER could be the big catalyst for getting the stock price to really start heading up, there's nothing preventing an earlier increase in value if bulls get their confidence up.

Today's TSLA performance was particularly important since TSLA (to my eye) has been under some pretty heavy manipulations since the P&D Report. Today was a day when the manipulations were clearly defeated, and that will encourage some longs to jump in Monday morning.

Let's do our own manipulations. Everyone buy one share at the open on Monday.
This is an advise :)

Of course, I think we all wish Porsche the best with the Taycan, and I'm sure it's going to be a pretty decent car. I just wish the pundits and Twitter trolls would STFU about it being a "Tesla Killer", it ain't.

Everyone needs to sit down and just STFU.

Porsche is not a Tesla killer. Tesla will always be a higher volume seller than Porsche. They didn’t and likely won’t make cars that are meant for a mass market such as the 3. If anything, though, there may be some potential Tesla buyers who move into Taycan when it’s released than the other way just to be different. Every dad, mom, kid and dog drives a Tesla these days near me.

But also, the Taycan is likely restricted in performance to keep from dethroning their 911 GTS, T, GT3, and GT2 models. (Until they electrify those models as well).

The pundits, trolls go overboard but they also feed off of Tesla superfan responses. It’s like a kid, show no response and they’ll slowly (maybe very slowly) change their ways.

How great, SCs sprouting everywhere in my old stomping grounds from pre-Tesla days. In the 1990s I used to live 5min away from that Ojai SC now under construction, and in the 2000s very near the ones now in Thousand Oaks.

The SC under construction in Ojai is in an open stretch that used to have a Ford Dealer. Now it is a winery, health food store, and Tesla SC. Progress indeed.

Now of course I live in Northern AZ where closest SC is about 20 miles away, but never use SCs except on road trips.

Yeah I am very skeptical of those so called "experts" ever since I started following Tesla 5 years ago. My Dad watches Jim Kramer all the time and I was telling him that Jim is an idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about. Well it least when it comes to TSLA he is an idiot.

My friends were telling me they would invest in TSLA if Elon wasn't the CEO but since he is they won't invest. I was like wow the media is really good at getting it in your head that he should not be CEO. The company is where it is today because of him. Really struck me how effective the propaganda campaign really is. It makes me wonder what else am I being lied to about?

Agreed, although to channel Marco Rubio: "Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that [Jim Cramer] doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing."

Last edited:
Reactions: VValleyEV and JRP3
Did we break an upper BB or something? Not really following them.

It seems to me P&D news is old, something something about production increase, but you won't know the effect until Q3. Financial results unknown. So, is there a reason for runup before ER on 24th? Of couse, can be random too.
yup. Upper-BB was at 242.17 at the Close. It was dragged up from 240.84 at today's Open. That's some REAL progress right up in thar! ;)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2019-07-12.18-42.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Porsche is not a Tesla killer. Tesla will always be a higher volume seller than Porsche. They didn’t and likely won’t make cars that are meant for a mass market such as the 3.

This is pretty much exactly why I'm not bothered by the "the new XYZ EV is a Tesla Killer" thing... the very expression is de-facto recognition that the Tesla is the market leader best-in-EV's to beat. If pundits are saying this Porsche is the underdog that just maybe can wrest the EV performance crown from Tesla, that's not so bad, especially since when an excited buyer does any sort of deeper analysis - it doesn't, and maybe they buy a nice high margin high end Tesla now instead.

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
there may be some potential Tesla buyers who move into Taycan when it’s released than the other way just to be different. Every dad, mom, kid and dog drives a Tesla these days near me.
Maybe. As a 2nd, "city car". If it's really got 230 miles real world range, that'd be pretty inconvenient for the trips, especially with no superchargers.

You prob. exaggerate the #s, they likely need to sell for 5+ more years to get anywhere near 50% in CA, at which point yes, I think many will be looking for something different.
I do see more Teslas in Denver, but they are still pretty rare. Maybe see 1-2 in a 30min trip.

However, if they manage to build it, Tesla as a platform might become more and more enticing, not just the car.

Not really sure how it will turn out. Initially I thought Netflix/Youtube is a really good idea, but with charging time getting shorter you probably won't get a chance to use these much(super useful for FSD though).
Feeling lucky/hungry is nice, but potentially google maps can do the same.
They need more ideas for the ecosystem.
That is until robotaxi comes and kills off everybody else.