Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bernie Sanders proposes $16.3 trillion Green New Deal plan - Reuters

'It calls for a transition to 100% electric vehicles, providing $2 trillion in grants to low- and moderate-income families to trade in their fossil fuel-dependent vehicles for new electric vehicles and $85.6 billion to build a national electric vehicle charging infrastructure network.'

'Sanders said his own Green New Deal plan will “pay for itself over 15 years” by raising taxes and fees on fossil fuel companies, through revenue generated by renewable energy produced by federal power authorities, over $1 trillion in scaling back military spending and from income tax collected from the 20 million new jobs it says the plan will create.'

I was just thinking yesterday of how much Tesla’s ups & downs the past 3 years or so could be attributed to the mindset that is in political power right now. It might take until we have real green government policies in place before Tesla takes off again.

I saw a 2018 Model X on their site that was $132k. 2018 Model X | Tesla

Considering that a new, custom model X is 116k-ish matched (including unlimted supercharging for the first owner, FSD, and the new Raven motor) I was very surprised to see it at that price.

Like, why?

Like, I have no clue beyond being bad data entry.
The Highest price X I could configure is $127,490
(Red, 6 seat, 22 inch wheels, white interior, FSD, performance which includes Ludicrous)

Today is a good day. Jim Chanos blocked me on twitter when I called him out on his most recent nonsense surrounding Tesla. I'm a happy man.

I normally don't troll online, but I did once get blocked by Stuart Meissner (at the time, Marty Tripp's ambulance-chaser attorney) for posting responses to his posts with images of "Better Call Saul" billboards. ;)

For someone like Moody's to say "STABLE" is the exact opposite of the entire Bankruptcy story. So there are a lot of shorts who don't want that spread around too much.

Let's just predict for a moment the coverage on CNBC that Boeing is going to get when the 737 Max-8 is finally re-introduced. (Boeing being a frequent CNBC advertiser of course)

If CNBC had the same positive bias for Tesla, the Moody's change would be getting lots of analysis.

They had Jefffrey Sonnenfeld on recently. No Tesla talk, but I would love to see them ask him what he thinks of the Moody's upgrade. :p
Negative to stable is no big deal, the rating stayed the same. It’s not an upgrade. Personally I think they’re wrong but I guess another couple of quarters of positive cashflow are needed on top of the recent equity raise.

Too funny, Bloomberg has an article up "VW Explores Buying Stakes in Chinese Auto Suppliers": Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It's just a coincidence that VW was talking about buying a stake in Tesla yesterday. Nope, completely unfounded. They're just exploring Buying Stakes in Chinese Auto Suppliers...for the technology. Sure sounds exactly like what the VW CEO was quoted saying about Tesla...

Understood, the problem is critical bulls and care bears are going to have overlapping sentiments sometimes.

You can't ignore the critical bulls just because you really want to get rid of the care bears.

Your money is worth more than that
@ZeApelido
explanation
I have been overly sensitized by having been on Seeking Alpha for probably 7-10 years
I have almost left there but the damage to psyche is :eek::rolleyes:hard to repair]
:)

Scared me. -1,46% isn't what I'd call "deep red".

I'm still curious as to what it is, though.
10 min ago is -1.90% little recover actually but I just find why :
CNBC : ""China to retaliate with new tariffs on another $75 billion worth of US goods, including autos""
new tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods and resume duties on American autos.
It also said a 25% tariff will be imposed on U.S. cars and a 5% on auto parts, which will go into effect on Dec.15.

Last edited:
10 min ago is -1.90% little recover actually but I just find why :
CNBC : ""China to retaliate with new tariffs on another $75 billion worth of US goods, including autos""
new tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods and resume duties on American autos.

25% duties on American autos starting on 15 Dec.

Tesla will be producing in Shanghai then. Even if they were late, they have months to frontload imports.

But the result is the same TSLA is in the red 224 before this new and 219 now !

Tesla just needs to show some cars rolling out of the factory to spike the stock. Based on their hiring and construction process, I strongly suspect they're going to try to have some internal testing vehicles rolling out late this quarter.