Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it is still true but a few years back when we were in Paris we saw busloads of Chinese tourists all with large shopping bag of designer clothes, most of which was stuff made in China. I asked someone wouldn't it be less expensive to buy it at home? And they said that they were always afraid that brands in China were counterfeit or factory rejects. And they didn't care much about price, they wanted the real thing and they wanted to buy what they wanted and the best selection was in the West.
It's actually cheaper to buy from abroad due to export subsidy and high local taxes

So he's saying Tesla is dumping vehicles into some sort of secret Illuminati cult?
I just realized: he isn't claiming the cars weren't made. He's claiming that the (implied manufactured) cars have not actually been sold.

WTF? So there's 16k+ Tesla cars being hidden somewhere? I thought they gave up that line months ago? I sorta get that they believe that Elon Musk is some kind of financial fraud genius who can keep the SEC at bay with quarter after quarter of increasing sales (even the Q1 disappointment was an increase YoY).

Its one thing to believe that there's a fatal service flaw, or that the cars have inadequate quality, or that autopilot isn't good enough, or any number of other things. But this goes beyond wishful thinking, it is full on delusional.

tenor.gif

More likely Elon has sold the 16k excess cars to SpaceX. This explains why SpaceX are in such a rush to build Starship. Elon wants to hide the evidence in orbit.
I think that is 100% dead on. He says, "The phantom deliveries will be to a related 3rd party." He is [so] crazed at this point he couldn't even connect the dots. But maybe someone will help him with that.

C'mon, guys, who dredge this forum for material, @ReflexFunds has let you know. The "missing" cars are fraudulent sales to SpaceX, though Musk will probably try to cover it up. Probably by requiring all SpaceX employees to buy Teslas so that it will look like personal sales.

His Tesla and Waymo valuations are so laughably inconsistent.

If Tesla's data heavy bet is right (need 10 billion+ miles real driving experience to solve edge cases and prove safety statistically) - after achieving the necessary safety threshold - Tesla can instantly roll out a mass fleet in every city with regulatory approval. And there are no competitors following with the same strategy.

If Waymo's data light bet is right (need 10 million+ miles real driving experience) - after achieving the necessary safety threshold - Waymo can roll out on a small scale in a single city and over 5-10 years one by one add new cities and cars to their fleet. And there are 5 companies with a very similar strategy following right behind them.

His Tesla and Waymo valuations are so laughably inconsistent.

If Tesla's data heavy bet is right (need 10 billion+ miles real driving experience to solve edge cases and prove safety statistically) - after achieving the necessary safety threshold - Tesla can instantly roll out a mass fleet in every city with regulatory approval. And there are no competitors following with the same strategy.

If Waymo's data light bet is right (need 10 million+ miles real driving experience) - after achieving the necessary safety threshold - Waymo can roll out on a small scale in a single city and over 5-10 years one by one add new cities and cars to their fleet. And there are 5 companies with a very similar strategy following right behind them.

Without some kind of large gap in engineering talent between Tesla and others OR a missing piece in Tesla's approach (e.g. LIDAR), I don't see how Tesla's approach doesn't solve this first.

Reactions: kbM3 and humbaba
so... finally being offered the update and am trying to do it but it won't. :mad:

It says I need to connect to wifi. The carport is on the opposite side of the house from the internet (of course) so the connection isn't great, but it has always been good enough before. It connects, but it still displays the message "connect to wifi in order to download" :mad:

So I tried the hotspot on my phone and it can't connect. Even when the phone shows that it has one client connected :mad:

Maybe I just need to sleep on it. :cool:

To: Boss Short

Boss, got your note about Morgan Stanley cutting Waymo's valuation by 40% to $105 Billion due to challenges with self-driving.
After taking a look at how this could affect Tesla I have some bad news.

Tesla current market cap is only 43 Billion, with little to no value for self driving.
This means Tesla should have a market cap close to $150 billion.

Recommend we close our short positions and buy Jan 2022 calls.

I closed my short position earlier this week. I had to to cover my margin calls on NIO.

Sincerely
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

so... finally being offered the update and am trying to do it but it won't. :mad:

It says I need to connect to wifi. The carport is on the opposite side of the house from the internet (of course) so the connection isn't great, but it has always been good enough before. It connects, but it still displays the message "connect to wifi in order to download" :mad:

So I tried the hotspot on my phone and it can't connect. Even when the phone shows that it has one client connected :mad:

There are x.1 and x.2 versions out there. You may have an earlier version that was cancelled.

More likely Elon has sold the 16k excess cars to SpaceX. This explains why SpaceX are in such a rush to build Starship. Elon wants to hide the evidence in orbit.
This is genius. Once in orbit, the cars can stay there indefinitely for free. With smart summon they can be brought back to Earth at any delivery center when purchased.

Remember I said six times. You did seven, that's the abort command.