Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owner is of course. You can stop the summon at any time and they specifically say line of sight must be maintained.

Dan

The reason I ask, we in a litigious society and I can the lawyers including Tesla in any lawsuit.

Can you imagine explaing this to the insurance adjuster," Yeah the car was driving by itself , coming towards me, when it clipped someone's bumper."

Not advice, and I’m not about to invest myself. But I feel like the Chinese government would be both capable and interested in bailing out the “Tesla of china”

I've mentioned NIO before or about any company from China who IPO'd in USA. If they brand themselves as "blah blah" of China, be very wary. It is just something that they use to entrap gullible american investors. In reality, nobody in China think of them as "anything" of China. First of all, american business model probably won't work in China. So it is not an exact copy even if they manages to survive. Second, think about it. If they tell their Chinese clientele that they are the "blah blah" of China, what are their customers going to think? In a country that is rebuilding their pride of their culture that only had bicycles as transport just a few decades ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Frank Einstein
Anecdotally FSD got even better in V10:

V10 Autopilot : teslamotors

"I know everyone is tripping over smart summon right now but shoutout to Tesla for the new autopilot updates!! I generally use autopilot everyday for my 80 miles roundtrip commute. I get all sorts of traffic conditions from light to heavy traffic due to how far I go. I can tell you this update is amazing in how smoothly autopilot drives now. The acceleration and deceleration is perfect almost like how I would drive. I am on v2.5 hardware."​

And HW3 is going to increase the neural network processing power by a factor of 10x ...

Anecdotally FSD got even better in V10:

V10 Autopilot : teslamotors

"I know everyone is tripping over smart summon right now but shoutout to Tesla for the new autopilot updates!! I generally use autopilot everyday for my 80 miles roundtrip commute. I get all sorts of traffic conditions from light to heavy traffic due to how far I go. I can tell you this update is amazing in how smoothly autopilot drives now. The acceleration and deceleration is perfect almost like how I would drive. I am on v2.5 hardware."​

And HW3 is going to increase the neural network processing power by a factor of 10x ...
See... this is part of why I'm antsy. I really want it this weekend for a drive on Monday. The suspense, it is driving me crazy o_O

See... this is part of why I'm antsy. I really want it this weekend for a drive on Monday. The suspense, it is driving me crazy o_O

Careful though, there's also one report of a regression:

"I have the exact opposite experience. V10 autopilot is a big step backwards. It drove like it was drunk on my morning commute that previous versions handled without issue. It couldn’t keep centered in a lane. Continually swerving around. It completely botched a lane change and didn’t take a very large opening. Not sure what to make of it."​

(Could be a GPS problem though, saw such a report - or they regressed "Mad Max Mode".)

There's other positive reports as well:

"Agreed! My commute this morning was one of the best I've ever had. It seems to stop more smoothly and it definitely starts again so promptly it is as if I did it myself. Seems less jerky, too.

It also seems to handle curves at speed better, I felt it ping ponged more before.

I could be wrong, but I feel like if cars on the side of me were uncomfortably close, it also moved a little over in the lane. Need more testing for that though."​

This V10 improvement will IMHO improve the Wife Acceptance Factor of FSD:

"It will also move away from trucks. Not sure if only trucks, but if saying something big is in your right lane, it will favor the left more. I have felt it even slight swerve in the lane to avoid them."​

There's some crazy long commutes with FSD:

"Lol I use mine for about 150 miles every day. My commute is 158 miles of highway round trip and two stop lights / turns."​

I thought amusing: Dean Sheikh on Twitter

upload_2019-9-27_16-15-47.png

I remember they used to say that there should be 1000 cars sold in the Netherlands before you had e decend change of spotting one while driving. I haven't been back in more than two years but I guess you must see the Model 3 everywhere now.

Everywhere indeed.

I think the Model3 is a bit to flashy for the average calvinist dutch, but there is no competition at all. 12 month wait time for the e-niro will get you into 2020 with the higher tax rate.

So they forced me to buy the model3 ;)

Careful though, there's also one report of a regression:

"I have the exact opposite experience. V10 autopilot is a big step backwards. It drove like it was drunk on my morning commute that previous versions handled without issue. It couldn’t keep centered in a lane. Continually swerving around. It completely botched a lane change and didn’t take a very large opening. Not sure what to make of it."​

(Could be a GPS problem though, saw such a report - or they regressed "Mad Max Mode".)

There's other positive reports as well:

"Agreed! My commute this morning was one of the best I've ever had. It seems to stop more smoothly and it definitely starts again so promptly it is as if I did it myself. Seems less jerky, too.

It also seems to handle curves at speed better, I felt it ping ponged more before.

I could be wrong, but I feel like if cars on the side of me were uncomfortably close, it also moved a little over in the lane. Need more testing for that though."​

This V10 improvement will IMHO improve the Wife Acceptance Factor of FSD:

"It will also move away from trucks. Not sure if only trucks, but if saying something big is in your right lane, it will favor the left more. I have felt it even slight swerve in the lane to avoid them."​

There's some crazy long commutes with FSD:

"Lol I use mine for about 150 miles every day. My commute is 158 miles of highway round trip and two stop lights / turns."​
Regressions are certainly an issue and I've experienced some (non-parallel parking hasn't worked for me in over six months). With above it'd be nice to know if it was v10.0 or v10.1.

The reason I ask, we in a litigious society and I can the lawyers including Tesla in any lawsuit.

Can you imagine explaing this to the insurance adjuster," Yeah the car was driving by itself , coming towards me, when it clipped someone's bumper."
I think the statistics will matter more. If cars using sumons have few incidents then those operated by humans then insurance companies will encourage its usage.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I've mentioned NIO before or about any company from China who IPO'd in USA. If they brand themselves as "blah blah" of China, be very wary. It is just something that they use to entrap gullible american investors. In reality, nobody in China think of them as "anything" of China. First of all, american business model probably won't work in China. So it is not an exact copy even if they manages to survive. Second, think about it. If they tell their Chinese clientele that they are the "blah blah" of China, what are their customers going to think? In a country that is rebuilding their pride of their culture that only had bicycles as transport just a few decades ago.
I don't know if it is still true but a few years back when we were in Paris we saw busloads of Chinese tourists all with large shopping bag of designer clothes, most of which was stuff made in China. I asked someone wouldn't it be less expensive to buy it at home? And they said that they were always afraid that brands in China were counterfeit or factory rejects. And they didn't care much about price, they wanted the real thing and they wanted to buy what they wanted and the best selection was in the West.