Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$340

EDIT: Yup, touching $340 triggered another big wave of short selling. I'm confident that its not Long's selling via Limit orders, since the volume continued after the SP was driven well below $340.

Seems that $320, $330, and $340 have all been defensive 'lines-in-the-sand' for the Shortzes.

Watching the 'per-minute' volumes. Now that we've seen the 'selling pressure' lets see how much 'buying interest' there is today. (thx @Curt Renz )

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: GleanerC and mad474
No advice: But I'm buying/adding (and HODLlng my "Altbestand" o_O of course).
Yeah, wife pre approved margin over the week end (well kind of the money to cover it is in a CD), I was going to add more if there was a dip. Those solar tiles are going to be amazing. It would be prudent to wait for pictures of the first install or samples at the sales centers, but I think the train may leave the station.

Thoughts on why the stock was slightly down the following day after earnings relative to after hours peak:

It's profit taking. Too many investors trading on different timeframes to not have significant profit taking after a 20% price jump.

I use to dabble in building machine learning algorithms for trading. Most ideas don't work unsurprisingly. Some do if transaction fees and bid ask spreads were low.

Really, the only non random effect I saw was based around when a stock was operating in a non-guassian region of price movements.

Specifically, I found that if you only look at stocks that have a big positive movement (greater than 15%), the following day the stock will likely trade lower.

Profit taking is a conservative measure that happens even with bullish stocks after a big move.

Just a friendly reminder to fellow Europeans: due to yesterday's switching on of daylight saving time in most of Europe, NASDAQ opening hours moved up one hour earlier when measured in local time.

I.e. NASDAQ trading will open in ~45 minutes from now.

Thanks! But nobody reminded these guys:

2019-10-28-144155.jpg .

OT but pedantic, so I'm in!

This discussion is really beating around the bush. Let's back-up:

Musk said the new building next to G3 was so Tesla could manufacture "batteries and modules". Please explain what two things he was talking about. Because it gets kind of far-fetched to claim he must have meant battery (packs) and modules (referring also to packs).

Single cell batteries are a thing.
The final 50-100kWh unit is called a battery.
That battery is made of modules.

Steps in production:
  1. Take raw materials to make cells
  2. Take cells to make modules
  3. Take modules, electronics, and housing to make packs aka the battery

As to what Elon meant, the 8 ball is hazy on 2 and 3 or 1,2, and 3.