Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, guess I am kinda speculating out to what seems to me like the natural evolution.

Nevertheless and AFAIK, Tesla cars will be used. In your first link, it states: "Standard AEVs [Autonomous Electric Vehicles] are Tesla Model X and Model 3 vehicles. High-occupancy AEVs use a modified Tesla Model X chassis to transport up to 16 passengers with both sitting and standing room."

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "no vehicle access"?

No external/ private vehicle access. Just the custom pods you mentioned.

Reactions: wipster and capster
I just realized it's a major convenience feature.
Get in to a warm cabin every morning? Wow, no other car has this.
When I lived in cold country with a car parked outside in the 1990's, I'd put a space heater in the car and plug it in at night. An X-10 module would automatically turn it on about 4 AM. By the time I wanted to travel, the interior was toasty warm and all the windows (not just the windshield) were unfrozen.

100K S/X is not possible unless Tesla introduces 75kWh model again.
S,X can easily do 100k if they refresh/redesign it. (Bear in mind that EV market penetration overall is still in its infancy.) Maybe with plaid powertrain, V3 max supercharge rate, and some interior refresh.

Elon is really being coy about S,X, saying on the CC that it's not really important, but then going ballistic on twitter with plaid powertrain and kicking porsche butt. They're up to something, but trying not to osborne current S,X sales. Expect some sort of surprise around this line next year.

I don't consider TSLA a speculation, but then I've been long since 2010 and would still buy at today's prices if I had the scratch. I have the itchings, though.

I know what you mean but I called TSLA a "speculative stock" because the potential value certainly isn't priced in yet! And yet the price reflects more than the current earnings (or lack thereof). That said, it's the second-largest holding in my brokerage account so I'm assigning it a high likelihood of future success. :)

Interesting that union is negotiating Ford to build BEVs.

EIUE6PyX0AAZrrl.jpg

All the FSD and rail posts are important I'm sure but why is TSLA up $8+ today? I see lots of negative FUD.

For a few weeks now I've been voicing my opinion that not only does the blatant FUD no longer work, it has the opposite effect. Investors are onto it and want to profit from it. If it looks like it has depressed the share price, that's their buy signal.

We can expect the FUD to become a bit more subtle, sophisticated and less obvious in the coming months in response to this.

Bloomberg’s Tom Randall explains it all. I think other carmakers are moving too slow for us to hit 2023 but within 10 years there will be a price crash and there will be no recovery.
Here’s How Electric Cars Will Cause the Next Oil Crisis
If electric cars were ten times better than ICE cars then the transition would be complete in ten years ... but they aren't. How many new Tesla buyers crush their old cars? Zero. The car you sold to buy your new Tesla will very likely still be burning fuel ten years from now. Do you think Greta will want to take a sailboat from NY to Shanghai or fly on a carbon powered rocket?

If electric cars were ten times better than ICE cars then the transition would be complete in ten years ... but they aren't. How many new Tesla buyers crush their old cars? Zero. The car you sold to buy your new Tesla will very likely still be burning fuel ten years from now. Do you think Greta will want to take a sailboat from NY to Shanghai or fly on a carbon powered rocket?
??

Interesting that union is negotiating Ford to build BEVs.

EIUE6PyX0AAZrrl.jpg

When the UAW was negotiating with GM it was to build a lesser amount of BEVs while GM wanted to build more BEVs.

Because ICEv,HEV and PHEV require more labor hours than BEVs.

It is highly unlikely the UAW flipped with Ford and was demanding Ford build more BEVs.

S,X can easily do 100k if they refresh/redesign it. (Bear in mind that EV market penetration overall is still in its infancy.) Maybe with plaid powertrain, V3 max supercharge rate, and some interior refresh.

Elon is really being coy about S,X, saying on the CC that it's not really important, but then going ballistic on twitter with plaid powertrain and kicking porsche butt. They're up to something, but trying not to osborne current S,X sales. Expect some sort of surprise around this line next year.

I could see that. No matter how much Elon downplays the long term & steady state impact of S and X to Tesla's auto business they have a big role to play in the present to enable Tesla to self fund continued expansion. Elon said management was surprised with low sales levels of S & X on the Q2 2019 conference call and proposed that potential buyers were confused in just how much the cars had improved over time. I wouldn't be surprised if right around there they decided they needed to be even better and set a plan in motion.

Why do you think 3s out of GF3 will be high margin in Q1 ?
Shanghai Model 3’s SR++ are listed online for $48,000, probably assuming it will take a year or more to catch up to demand. If the plant and labor is less expensive, then the COGS out of Shanghai should be lower. Maybe they’ll accelerate depreciation and try to keep margins lower, but cash flow should be amazing at 10-15k per car. I believe they will begin phase 3 as soon as production begins to build more 3’s or 3 and Y as soon as possible. phase 3 will be faster then phase 1, since the stamping facility is already built.