Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forget billionaires, even hedge fund managers who actively trade Tesla may not be registered here. They will ask an intern to scan TMC. Bigger ones will hire people like SoylentBrown to do in depth investigation and likely have a lot more info than we do.

Based on the returns of hedge funds it is unlikely that they have a lot more information than we do. Frankly their continuing existence is amazing, but then again we've known that actively managed mutual funds are generally terrible for years and they still exist.

I'm also not worried about this truck's appeal.

Ford in 5 years:
"Hey look our F-150e can pull TWO horse trailers!"

Tesla in 5 years: Swirling red dust clears slowly to reveal a reentry-scarred Starship on Arcadia Planitia. In the thin Martian air, attenuated music is just discernible...is that...Wagner? A hatch snaps open, a ramp drops hard on the rocky plain, and Cybertruck comes charging out blasting Ride of the Valkyries and carves a giant red Tesla "T" in the untrammeled Martian soil.

Excellent point. Elon is the man whose bumpersticker reads My other vehicle is a Starship. Hard to get more manly man than that.

Weekend OT:

If VW finds it too hard to get their EV lineup going, maybe they could start off smaller. Like perhaps an electric version of these? I mean, they already have the tool & die castings for these somewhere in their warehouse, right? :D

The Volkspod VW Beetle Minibikes Are Part Creepy, Part Adorable

View attachment 477566

Lol, that'll never sell in middle-America, where folks demand a certain sense of style:
(damn furin' fenders) o_O

d2c759056d7d7584951dcbf6caa6a8da[1].jpg

Cheers!

Lycanthrope
I wonder if Elon consulted with Gene Winfield on the new Cyber truck design Gene(age 92) designed about 25 of the cars in Blade Runner and built them with Sam Foose (Chip's Father).
Gene Winfield - Wikipedia
1982 Blade Runner Everyman Car | Petersen Automotive Museum
Interesting Guy, he used to show up at all the SoCal car shows up until a few years ago.
(He built a 1950 Merc "lead sled" for a friend of mine about 20 years ago)

Lycanthrope
I wonder if Elon consulted with Gene Winfield on the new Cyber truck design Gene(age 92) designed about 25 of the cars in Blade Runner and built them with Sam Foose (Chip's Father).
Gene Winfield - Wikipedia
1982 Blade Runner Everyman Car | Petersen Automotive Museum
Interesting Guy, he used to show up at all the SoCal car shows up until a few years ago.
(He built a 1950 Merc "lead sled" for a friend of mine about 20 years ago)

Nice find, this is IMO actually pretty close to how I think the Cybertruck will look like from the front:
TED_9664.jpg
Compare it with the first Cybertruck teaser image:

Tesla-pickup-truck-teaser-2.jpeg

mirrored, rotated and enhanced a bit:

lrm_export_242222567794095_20191028_223229147-03-jpeg.476975

But isn't it against the Interstate Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution for any State to outright ban the sale of vehicles manufactured in another U.S. State?!

Oh, wait... o_O
While I see the sarcasm...
California just has to say that stealerships are dangerous to the costumers and to prevent a stearlship monopoly they are banning them in their state. The manufacturers are free to sell their cars directly. They can provide the evidence of how a faulty ignition switch killed people and the stealerships did nothing to correct the problem.

Regarding the GF4 forest I have a theory.

You may well ask: what is my theory?

This theory of mine ... is mine.

The theory which belongs to me is as follows:

The next thing I am about to say is My Theory:

To assuage the greenies and make beautiful the afterlife of the forest trees - Tesla will sell a limited edition Model W (the Woodie) made from the very trees that will be lovingly cut down to make room for the factory.

This concludes my theory.

woody-top.gif

Just found this bit of info on Archie Hamilton Racing, a British Youtube channel. They went to a London Tesla store to pick up friend's new car and the staff told them they are delivering 100 cars per day at that site, sometime in group deliveries of up to 40 vehicles at once.
EDIT: the info is at 5:50 - I've embedded it with the time code, but it looks like the site doesn't like that so you'll need to fast forward there.

Shorts are like wallstreet bet autists, they are on another level of crazy.

The /r/wallstreetbets sub is indeed super crazy, but they are also incredibly funny, and they don't take themselves too seriously. The sub's "Like 4chan found a Bloomberg terminal" description is spot on.

TSLAQ members on the other hand are perpetually angry, self-righteous, malicious and only ever funny without intending to.

In WSB discussions TSLAQ comments are routinely and deservedly ridiculed.

Compared to TSLAQ, WSB is an island of reason.

Last edited: