Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla (TSLA) Bull Case Raised to $500 at Morgan Stanley, Maintains 'Equal Weight'

> Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas raised his bull case on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $500 from $440 but maintained an Equal weight rating and $250.00 price target.

The bull case was raised to account for the Cybrertruck and a more optimist scenario in China.

The firm said they are not bullish on Tesla long-term.

---
Pretty funny how a guy who is wrong more than right can move a stock:

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/adam-jonas

> 49% of his recommendations were profitable.

Maybe he is trying to be less wrong by having a spread of 10-500.
I predict TSLA will be valued somewhere between $40 and $500 over the next few months. Ok Morgan Stanley, can I collect my 500k salary now?

Ii7xoOf.jpg

Compared to literally every other article I've seen on the topic, it's a paragon of impartiality. :Þ

Also, that journalist's first article on the case went into detail about where Musk could stick his submarine.

On the topic of that journalist: Is it just me, or are there all kinds of very interesting and competent women in the USA popping up lately?

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Tesla (TSLA) Bull Case Raised to $500 at Morgan Stanley, Maintains 'Equal Weight'

> Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas raised his bull case on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $500 from $440 but maintained an Equal weight rating and $250.00 price target.

The bull case was raised to account for the Cybrertruck and a more optimist scenario in China.

The firm said they are not bullish on Tesla long-term.

---
Pretty funny how a guy who is wrong more than right can move a stock:

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/adam-jonas

> 49% of his recommendations were profitable.

Maybe he is trying to be less wrong by having a spread of 10-500.

Jonas probably has been reading this forum and realized TSLA will join S&P index next year.
For long term, I think he understands the huge potential. He understood it a few years ago. This kind of things you either get it, or never get it. Nobody forget how to ride a bicycle. I don't know what kind of game he is playing. I just keep saving cash and keep adding shares on my own schedule.

I talked to a truck driver, he said his company ordered a Cybertruck. Saving gasoline alone is huge for them. They couldn't wait.

I bet after they try the truck, they will order more and not move back to gasoline trucks. Their peers will all switch.

Jonas said 62 of their institutional clients looked at the Cybertruck, zero percent said it will be a success. This shows the quality of their clients. Seriously.

Jonas probably has been reading this forum and realized TSLA will join S&P index next year.
For long term, I think he understands the huge potential. He understood it a few years ago. This kind of things you either get it, or never get it. Nobody forget how to ride a bicycle. I don't know what kind of game he is playing. I just keep saving cash and keep adding shares on my own schedule.

I talked to a truck driver, he said his company ordered a Cybertruck. Saving gasoline alone is huge for them. They couldn't wait.

I bet after they try the truck, they will order more and not move back to gasoline trucks. Their peers will all switch.

Jonas said 62 of their institutional clients looked at the Cybertruck, zero percent said it will be a success. This shows the quality of their clients. Seriously.
I'm honestly expecting most cars to move to that design in the mid-term future. People will whine about design, but a majority would take the exact same car (feature/function wise) at a 30% discount if it meant dealing with an "ugly" design.

A haircut place near the charger would be handy. Or a place to take a shower if you're on a long trip.

How about a "Service Charger", where you can get your wipers or tires replaced or rotated, washer fluid filled, car washed, waxed, detailing/car cleaning service, even state inspection while you're charging.

Could or does the Tesla (auto-inspect) itself? Does it know when a turn signal or parking light is out, or if anything is keeping it from passing inspection? That could make the process even more practical.

The Tesla Model 3 owner's manual explicitly states that one should not change wheels or any thing else that involves jacking up the car, while charging it.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
You don't stop R&D because you just released a product. Something better & new is always in the work
I get it. However, I believe these v1,v2,v3 will have 25 year warranty. Remember Elon talking about support trail pain for every color change?

Is it really worth it to sell 1,000 v3 roofs, move on to v4 and then having to manufacture v3 shingles 20 years later when some accident causes damage to one?

I get it. However, I believe these v1,v2,v3 will have 25 year warranty. Remember Elon talking about support trail pain for every color change?

Is it really worth it to sell 1,000 v3 roofs, move on to v4 and then having to manufacture v3 shingles 20 years later when some accident causes damage to one?

Store an X amount of V3 with the assumption of Y procent of roofs will develop problems that require tile replacement. Make Y big enough to cover unexpected instances. If V3 very unexpectedly runs out, replace entire roof with V4 as necessary. Done.

I think the goal was stated to install 1000 V3 Solarglass roof in December, V4 won't be coming until late 2020 or 2021 at best. For warranty, Tesla can just replace V3 with V4 just like how they are dealing with broken early motor.

Reactions: JRP3
So AJ has a price of 250 with a bear case of 10 and a bull case of 500. So he values TSLA at 250 +- 100%. How does anyone take this clown seriously?

Survey shows most people are now open to the idea to buy EVs. "Used Model 3" as a google search term has been rising steadily.

EV adoption rate will rise sharply in the next few years, mainly because of 4 reasons: being aware how great EVs are, FSD features, lowered cost, more convenient charging. Another factor is peer influence. If nobody among 20 friends bought EVs, then they are likely to continue to buy ICEs. If 3 of the 20 bought EVs and telling others EVs are great, suddenly everyone thinks it's doable.

Cybertruck is so much more compelling than gasoline trucks including cost, by the time Tesla reaches stable production, I think demand will reach 30% of truck market. By then Cybertruck alone should add $50B to Tesla's market cap, not counting profit from selling FSD features. If FSD works (99%), Cybertruck could add $150B to market cap.

It's great Jonas didn't change price target. Hopfully shorts will stay short. I don't want shorts switch to long before inclusion into index.

Yes, the acceptance at low volumes in the ST is worth its weight in gold over the long term. If Tesla has 10m rooves installed in 10 years, even if they had to replace all 1k V3 rooves it would still only be a 0.1% failure rate of the portfolio.

People will need convincing to spend 70k on a roof, seeing it in person and hearing about successful installs will kick start the process.

Reactions: RobStark
Tesla May Pop 50% If China, Cybertrucks Succeed, Analyst Says

The analyst raised his most optimistic scenario to $500 from $440 per share, saying it reflected $20 from the new pickup truck that was unveiled on Nov. 21 and $40 from incremental volume and profit in China.

Jonas assumed the company will be able to sell 100,000 Cybertrucks by the end of 2024 at an average price of $50,000 and Ebitda margins of 20%.

Since Elon Musk has said on Twitter that the truck currently has 250,000 pre-orders, Jonas’s assumption implies that roughly 40% of those would translate to an actual sale by 2024. “We believe this is a fairly optimistic assumption, given that a pre-order only requires a $100 refundable deposit,” Jonas wrote. The analyst’s base case assumption does not include the Cybertruck.

For China, Morgan Stanley assumed 200,000 Tesla units in incremental volume, with revenue of $40,000 per unit.

Can't say i dislike this headline, even though Adam Jonas is pretty much a clown.