Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taycan.
the lower screen is a mouse that controls the upper screen.

3rd Row Tesla on Twitter

EL1SRPWU4AARTQs.jpg

Thanks, that provides some explanation regarding TSLA in the after-hours, although the macros are also pulling back but not quite as steeply. In any event, the after-hours pull-back in Tesla to the level of much of the final hour of regular trading lends credence to the notion that the potential for a tax credit extension was not a significant reason for today's price rise. The likelihood of a credit extension was pretty much discounted earlier today with little reaction in the TSLA share price.
Yeah, it was never about expiring tax credits, that was a Shortzes fantasy.

Only 38,680 shares traded after 18:30 hrs, or 0.21% of todays volume in 1:15 hrs.

TSLA.chart.2019-12-16.png

SP already recovering as of 19:07 hrs as Investors are eagerly soaking up free money from da Shortzes (foolz'n'dey$$$). :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Last edited:
True dat.

Fortunately, I concluded some time ago that "Tesla will be the Standard Oil of this century," hence “Only a fool would sell their TSLA shares and only an utter fool would short them." So I’ve been buying through ups and downs for a number of years.

A bit of a bummer that I wasn’t as savvy as I could have been on the timing of some my purchases (though I’m not complaining one bit about my outcome). Just wish I had known earlier some of the things I’ve learned from the folks on this thread.

Don't sweat it.

Some of the things that really makes you money cannot be learned. The biggest money making opportunity is in 2009 when the stock market crashed. But you have to have something wrong with you to be able to borrow money and buy the dip at that time. Nothing to do with logic or strategy at all. Nothing works but plain old hidden undiagnosed psychopathic tendencies.

It's good news, could you imagine all cancelations for last two weeks, if credits renewed starting 2020 and then not meeting q4 delivery targets.
Yeah, that actually could be bad. With 5-8 weeks delivery estimate every 2 out of 3 orders would have to cancel to cause that effect, but with Tesla likely within few K of guidance and not being able to redirect output to EU...Maybe Canada...
358k total for the year could indeed cause overreaction. Good thing it didn't happen.

Don't sweat it.

Some of the things that really makes you money cannot be learned. The biggest money making opportunity is in 2009 when the stock market crashed. But you have to have something wrong with you to be able to borrow money and buy the dip at that time. Nothing to do with logic or strategy at all. Nothing works but plain old hidden undiagnosed psychopathic tendencies.
Yea.... I had put 14k into a 401k plan in late 2004 and had let It sit in their money market account but after the market took its big dive I woke up and put it into small cap mutual funds that grew like crazy until I closed the account.

Kind of like those videos of tesla drivers sleeping behind the wheel.

Did anyone here discussed about this entire China delivering MIC Model 3s when it comes to negative net margins for those cars? Are we expecting Tesla to deliver these cars Q4? This causes Tesla to start realizing the operating cost of those cars as well on the balance sheet which would drag down overall margins right? So are we expecting them to do this Q1 of next year? I haven't seen too much on this so wondering what your thoughts are (unless I missed it in this entire thread).

GF3 deliveries + Model Y production + Battery Day = $500 stock

Man some of you guys have low expectations. This stock has been range bound for so many years that I think once 400/share is broken, it'll race up to the 600-700/share area very quickly.

It really all comes down to I don't think it's remotely fairly valued right now. Take away the name Tesla and the label "Auto maker" and strictly look at the fundamentals of revenue growth, projected future revenue growth, earnings growth potential, free cash flow, etc.....the stock should already be valued at 500/share before Q4 earnings.

Heads up. Shorts were kicked hard today. Look for some support tomorrow am from TSLAQ friendly media and analysts.

The two big Tesla bears who really had the power to move the share price were David Tamberrino of GS and Colin Langan of UBS. Unfortunately for Tesla shorts they both snuck out the back door months ago without telling anyone.

CNBC has already done their best - a weird story about Tesla 'hiding something' in tents is the top news story on their website after hours - incredibly it doesn't even mention today's share price movement!

Threat to tesla's brand in the near term.
I just want to get your guys thoughts on elon musk's compensation package. As we may well hit 100 billion dollar market cap soon I can only imagine the headlines "elon musk get billion dollar pay day , while workers get paided low wages ......" .
I think every time Tesla hits the market cap goals for elons compensation package he should gift some of the shares to Tesla workers , this not only looks better but helps align them with the company goals as they have more invested interest in teslas success. otherwise i suspect increasing anger from political figures and activists in the media directed at elon, especially as he could be the richest person in america in just a few years time.

Threat to tesla's brand in the near term.
I just want to get your guys thoughts on elon musk's compensation package. As we may well hit 100 billion dollar market cap soon I can only imagine the headlines "elon musk get billion dollar pay day , while workers get paided low wages ......" .
I think every time Tesla hits the market cap goals for elons compensation package he should gift some of the shares to Tesla workers , this not only looks better but helps align them with the company goals as they have more invested interest in teslas success. otherwise i suspect increasing anger from political figures and activists in the media directed at elon, especially as he could be the richest person in america in just a few years time.
That’s a nice idea. So Elon, if you’re reading this - how about it?

FWIW, Elon Musk is hell bent on colonizing Mars. He has said before something to the effect that whatever wealth he gathers will be used for that purpose. Big if true! Of course he doesn’t seem to mind living the billionaire lifestyle in the meantime :)

• Funny
Reactions: gillfoto