Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late to the party, but still:

upload_2019-12-23_19-1-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-23_18-58-30.png
    upload_2019-12-23_18-58-30.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 27
High growth stocks have their best year in the first year earnings turn positive. It's obvious why this is and it's very well known, so I just don't know what the shorts are thinking at this point. And now Tesla has over $7B in cash to boot.

Did you just use the words "shorts" and "thinking" in the same sentence? :confused:

Those who do not understand cultural differences tend to dismiss differences as marks of inferiority.

This is very interesting. As someone who've lived in several different cultures and visited 1/4 of the countries in the world. It never occurred to me that people see these differences as weaknesses. Is this the norm?

Reactions: Tslynk67
Where are all our care bears and birds? They are always so plentiful during downturns, meanwhile we are all here no matter what. Shows how much we should listen to them when they inevitably crawl out of their roach lairs next time the stock drops.

Honestly, there are usually a few care bears here whenever we go up also. They want to warn us we might lose our gains. Or raise other Tesla concerns/doubts.

Doesn't it give you the warm-fuzzies to know we have such caring people looking after us? :rolleyes:

With all respect to green, just because the "feature" (e.g., stoplight detection) has been there for months (I think he had it in March via hacking his car) doesn't mean the old March release is comparable to the new one. And saying its the same "codebase" is misleading at best.

Its rather like claiming that Win7 is no improvement on WinXP 64-bit because they both allow you to run 64-bit software. Or claiming that the gaming experience doesn't change when using a more powerful GPU.

3rd Row Tesla on Twitter
It's even in the "future"

Honestly I think that regardless of their promises I don't know how they won't be busy just building trucks for amazon for the first 5 years+. They won't be a meaningful player in the consumer auto market for a long time.

Yeah, honestly, I'm expecting the R1S and R1T to go on a shelf for the foreseeable future. Why bother trying to generate demand and sales for Product B when you already have 100,000 orders for Product A? They can let Ford try to make something more economical out of the R1T skateboard in the mean time, and maybe a little extra time and battery tech will let them lower prices on the R1S/T by the time they have all the kinks worked out of the delivery vans.

All that said, we have a TON of delivery vans coming through our neighborhood, especially this time of year, and it would be awesome for them to go electric. I don't know if UPS and FedEx have a plan, but just converting the Amazon vans would make a notable difference.

So what do you expect then? Tesla release a $5000 Model 3? There is a huge...HUGE market of people in China that can afford and want a Tesla. Why are you downplaying the market for Tesla in China?

Dan

I expect people to look at the Chinese market for what is not some Tesla Shangri La.

Audi is the biggest premium brand in China. It delivered 660k cars in China last year.

I expect Tesla to deliver 1M cars in China within a few years.

I expect the Chinese government to put the kibosh on Tesla after that.

Chinese CP wants their domestic OEMs to be the dominant players in China and the world.

So per capita for the other 800 million is over 16,000. USA avg income is only 45,000. This McKinsey article (written in a wine cave no doubt) is a bit out of date. China’s top ten big cities is over 100 million people. They likely have more consumers ready to buy a 50,000 car then exist in Europe and likely the USA too.

Understanding China’s wealthy | McKinsey

China GDP per capita is $8300
USA GDP per capita is $60k

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Update: there's credible seeming leaks on Twitter reporting that a select group of Early Access testers has the HW3 City Streets driving code activated:

3rd Row Tesla on Twitter

"So the big surprise this week is this:

Even though only a select few Early Access users will have the code that actually stops the car enabled...

EVERYONE with Hardware 3 gets to see the full self driving visualization."​
Actually not a surprise to me.

My completely unscientific experiments with 40.2.1 code on HW2 Model 3 indicates Tesla has been testing/learning stopping for a while.

When approaching a stopped car a bit faster than usual in hold mode, and me preparing to press the brake. I noticed multiple times the car regen brake a bit harder than usual to stop perfectly behind, without me pressing the brake.

But, I am a hyper bull, I could be wrong, it could be all in my imagination...

Last edited: