Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Risk vs Sanity.

I am having trouble with risk aversion.

For example, I no longer have an ice, and have had to teach my 15 year old daughter how to drive with my wife's MX. It stresses out my wife, but after the big fall in Jan last year, I just don't react to stress the same way.

BTW, very much unimpressed with the latest update (missing chess), but glad to see the progress with sign detection.

I remember a number of New Years Markets with absolutely dismal beginnings due to tax sales...

Why would they start deliveries - and the relevant amortisation expense - with one day left in the quarter? It just doesn't make any sense to ding the quarterly margins that way. This is especially true now that Tesla has secured a new loan in China so that production assets can be financed and not lead to a poor cash position.

They must either have a blowout quarter secured, or have some other contractual obligation that is favourable to deliver this year.
Perhaps they feel the "optics" of groundbreaking to delivery in the same calendar year outweigh the negatives? And maybe they have an angle on the reporting, e.g. employee deliveries are different somehow and affect reporting differently in China (not saying this is true, just an example possibility).

Reactions: Nocturnal
I don't expect anyone to spend 45 minutes watching this video, but it's worth every minute for me. It's truly an eye opening documentary of how Elon Musk and Tesla got here. It's gut wrenching. He got his first $120 million at age of 30. Put all of it right back into SpaceX, Tesla, and Solar City. All 3 becomes industry titans. Cynics bash Solar City now, but they don't mention it was THE leading solar company before its financial crisis. In the beginning Tesla had money to survive almost on a weekly basis. Elon Musk had to decide whether to pour the rest of his net worth into it or let it die. He had to beg the government and Daimler for capital. Now that Tesla has got here, people tend to forget or simply don't know what it has overcome. So if you think June 2019 was bad, watch this video. I don't think I'll ever sell my shares now, unless Elon gets hit by a bus.

Last edited:
has CNBC resorted to booking homeless people on their shows now?

seriously those two guests look like hobos.

The producer of the show told his assistant to find two "hippy looking dreamers who know nothing about stocks or finance to pump the stock" figuring it would help prevent more people from piling onto the stock.

This tells me the Tesla detractors are planning an important attack on the share price, either at the end of the day today or in the last two trading days of the year. But it probably won't be very effective or last very long because everyone and their brother is waiting for lower prices so they can either jump on the train or cover their shorts before they end up in the poorhouse.

Last edited: