Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be until after market tomorrow. Let the shorts roast all weekend if its a good number... Or let us roast all weekend if its a bad number.

Edit: typo. Bad...

A release after market tomorrow will burn my put position hedges! But I think the stock will drop if the numbers aren't released by pre-market tomorrow.

If q1 demand were to be bad, it hurts no matter how you slice it. My impression of Tesla is that if the choice between cutting production and lowering prices had roughly equal consequences, that they would rather keep production high.
Yes, quite possibly.

I was just asking why you would assume they would cut production in such a scenario.
Despite what Musk says, I think Y will affect 3 production - somewhat. Also, this quarter would be a good time to do any major line improvements they have been wanting to make, shutdown for maintenance etc. Also, service centers can concentrate on upgrading everyone who has bought FSD to HW3. All this while still increasing overall production Q over Q, because of GF3.

Also to stay on topic, do you have any advice on Roth vs. traditional IRA:) ?
I prefer Roth. I've done one backdoor conversion to Roth and it has TSLA with an avg purchase price of 320.

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3 and Boomer19
View attachment 495632 I might as well put it here before you guys pick this up from the media. Introducing the new Tesla killer. It’s a one seater and goes for $18k on a 100 mile range. I saw this at a mall in LA.

All jokes aside, I think this can do well in crowded urban cities where parking is scarce (NY city, Tokyo, etc.). It could be a niche vehicle if the price comes down a bit. I was expecting 200 miles range but wasn’t surprise to hear 100 despite how small and compact it was. If China can replicate this and bring the price tag down to $5-7k it could have a shot in 3rd world countries, and may eventually overtake the moped.

View attachment 495631
Solo will never work en mass in developing countries because unlike a moped
/scooter, it can only accommodate one person. It fits no markets and requires a second vehicle for more than one person.

edit. Removed last sentence. Alwaygood to inform.

edit 2: Three wheels? Very unstable. I believe this vehicle is considered a motorcycle, not an automobile. Just weird.

Last edited:
Solo will never work en mass in developing countries because unlike a moped
/scooter, it can only accommodate one person. It fits no markets and requires a second vehicle for more than one person. It has no place in this forum and is irrelevant.
It fits quite nicely for a certain sort of people, the sort who are single due to bad life choices like spending $18k on a one-seater.

I am concerned by the different versions of Autopilot that will be out when full self driving is finally released. Even if FSD works great, if someone with regular autopilot has an accident, the media will make it sound like it was a FSD crash, even if it wasn't. I don't know if hardware 2 and 2.5 can run the same safety programming, and maybe avoid running red lights and stop signs, even if people haven't paid for FSD?

It fits quite nicely for a certain sort of people, the sort who are single due to bad life choices like spending $18k on a one-seater.

I’m expecting many more of these type of low cost EVs to appear in the USA for the primary purpose of harvesting the $7,500 tax incentive. $18k is a crappy amount to pay for this, but $10,500 (after $7.5k tax rebate) puts it into fun toy/3rd car category for a lot of families.

Reactions: sundaymorning
I'm about ready to give up on the refreshing. Got other things to do. But can't seem to pull away just yet.

Looks like their investor static files are indexed by 32 digits of hexidecimal. So if we are all able to visit one permutation per second, we'll have the P&D report URL guessed in only 1.078 * 10^31 years!

I’m so ready to get past the Q4 Production
Report and move on to Tesla’s future goals.
Anyone care to guess their next 5 year plan?

Really interested in what others are thinking.
One direction might be a car cheaper than the 3.
Though we haven’t heard much on that front...
High market share may require an affordable car
I really believe that if they have a step change in batteries to show at Battery investor day then the next step will be licensing out their skateboard/battery tech and/or the entire gigafactory model. Legacy autos are already behind and if Tesla increases that lead by 2-5 years I could see some of them giving up and joining team Tesla.

I’m expecting many more of these type of low cost EVs to appear in the USA for the primary purpose of harvesting the $7,500 tax incentive. $18k is a crappy amount to pay for this, but $10,500 (after $7.5k tax rebate) puts it into fun toy/3rd car category for a lot of families.
I wouldn't mind having an Archimoto 3 wheeler for $7500 off. That would put it in golf cart price range.