Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's no joke.

To maintain their 50% annual growth, Tesla has to grow their number of Gigafactories at the same rate (give or take a bit due to improved efficiencies).

So to maintain an annual growth of 50%, the number of Gigafactories has to double every 21 months.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I expect the location for GF5 to be announced before the end of Q2.
OK, Moore's law has officially been replaced by Musk's law.

That's because he's out of the game and can give an honest opinion.

While the interview is much better than most, I still think he's too dismissive of Tesla's technology prowess and attributes sales to Tesla being an aspirational brand when he should be focusing on how the vehicle is superior which drives brand loyalty.

quoting this to repeat the sentiment. i was pleased that he was so positive, but mildly annoyed that he portrayed Tesla's appeal as primarily brand hype rather than the reality that they're simply putting out a superior product.

Quick bet - above or below 550 at close today? ;-)

This do seem like the quiet before the storm imho..
I'd say Shortville get way more than their fair share of bad weather. :D

Edit: ..wait, let me re-phrase
I'd say Shortville get their fair huge share of bad weather. :D Long time coming

Earlier I thought we were going to break through $550 within an hour. Now I'm thinking we might have to wait until tomorrow or, heaven forbid, Thursday. :(

Hopefully, I'm wrong again! :)

quoting this to repeat the sentiment. i was pleased that he was so positive, but mildly annoyed that he portrayed Tesla's appeal as primarily brand hype rather than the reality that they're simply putting out a superior product.

In all fairness, it’s hard to put into words. It’s much like Apple, there’s millions of little tiny things that are better thought out. Together, they make a much better product, but, individually, each one sounds small or ridiculous.

To that point: one of my favorite things about my Model S when I first got the car was the battery percentage left indicator on the navigation. Even if not perfect, it was far more accurate than any other such estimate I’ve seen on any other car, and could actually be relied on. But bring that up as an example of tech superiority and you’ll immediately get the retort: “You bought the car for the range estimator?!?!” There are endless amount of such examples, and it’s only in conjunction with each other that you can really see how good the product is.

I really get tired of hearing the word "electrified". Tesla has always made electric vehicles. They did not electrify their ICE vehicles as other manufacturers are doing.

I don't get the term electrified anyway. I mean, was an automobile in the early 1900s essentially a "gasified" horse and buggy?

Petr/ol/ified

That's no joke.

To maintain their 50% annual growth, Tesla has to grow their number of Gigafactories at the same rate (give or take a bit due to improved efficiencies).

So to maintain an annual growth of 50%, the number of Gigafactories has to double every 21 months.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I expect the location for GF5 to be announced before the end of Q2.
I disagree. The OUTPUT of giga factories have to grow the number of factories is not the important factor

I really wished it have come to a court decision as that would set a good precedent for other states... The headline doesn't mention anything about servicing Teslas, but I assume that would be covered as well.

For the same reason, it is possible that car dealership interests in other states contributed to making the settlement acceptable to Tesla - with their involvement only known to Michigan state...

Reactions: StealthP3D
In all fairness, it’s hard to put into words. It’s much like Apple, there’s millions of little tiny things that are better thought out. Together, they make a much better product, but, individually, each one sounds small or ridiculous.

To that point: one of my favorite things about my Model S when I first got the car was the battery percentage left indicator on the navigation. Even if not perfect, it was far more accurate than any other such estimate I’ve seen on any other car, and could actually be relied on. But bring that up as an example of tech superiority and you’ll immediately get the retort: “You bought the car for the range estimator?!?!” There are endless amount of such examples, and it’s only in conjunction with each other that you can really see how good the product is.

My favourite is the interior lights in the roof of my S. Lots of other brands have the interior light with a button next to it to turn it on or off. In the Model S, the light itself is the button. Very smart, so I expected other brands to copy this, as it is a simplified approach and easy to implement. I was wrong.