Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile, in New Mexico...

State Senate had a floor vote and just barely (19-18) passed SB2, the EV Tax Credit bill. It flew through two senate committees already. Meanwhile the House passed a House version of the bill that lacks some better deal points. So there still more wrangling to come.

(One note: one R senator (who’s taken money from the auto dealer lobby and from oil/gas/fracking interests) had to whine and complain about SB2 tonight with an absurd strawman argument that the tax credit harms the poor and benefits the rich (his example: someone earning $260,000/yr, owning a 5000sqft house and two TESLAS, wanting to buy a THIRD TESLA, would get the tax credit). I think all Rs voted “no” except the bill’s main sponsor, also a R.)

So is this what Tobias meant when he said he wanted a new start?! He started a German media company?!

View attachment 512673
Don't wanna be a party-pooper. But that is actually a picture of the matte Model 3 prototype, literally at the unveil event and the license plate is photoshopped.

Of course we all remember that the plate actually said:
"WATCH ME CHANGE THE WORLD MOFOS"

• Funny
Reactions: ABCTG
Frankfurt has opened and is 3.4% up, to 823€, that just over 900$.

Good morning!
Not anymore it isn't. Weak ass Euro, but at least that's good for my/our TL0s.
upload_2020-2-19_8-22-9.png

Jesus.. any bears left in this place? :p
I think when it hits $1k bears will check out mentally.

but if it does hit $1,000 soon then im going to be rude and demand Elon give us a new paint color for all the new cars we can buy. Preferably that matte gray from the unveil. It will be known as “Shareholder Gray”

Jesus.. any bears left in this place? :p

The really smart ones (the ones that sold at $550 so they could buy back in for a lower price) are still lurking. Well some of them are. Reading the posts here keeps causing the weak-stomached ones to puke so they are staying away and trying to forget the whole thing.o_O

Last edited:
I'm going to sell a fraction of the shares I bought for about 190 last May to get a new Model S. Thanks TSLA! I don't think I would have bought those shares if not for the collective wisdom of this forum. Thank you!

Don't do that! Get yourself a low interest car loan and let your stock continue to leverage your money for you. Taking that big of a chunk out of your stock can really damage your leverage on future earnings. If you have good credit, you could get somewhere around 3% car loan the last I knew. Look what percentage the stock went up today alone...

This non advice assumes that you have the income to support the monthly car payment. ;)

I think when it hits $1k bears will check out mentally.

but if it does hit $1,000 soon then im going to be rude and demand Elon give us a new paint color for all the new cars we can buy. Preferably that matte gray from the unveil. It will be known as “Shareholder Gray”
Surely it should be shareholder green

I am currently "gardening" so have quite a lot of free time in my days at the moment. And have found myself watching a lot of Grand Designs on Netflix. Whacky and wonderful house building projects. I know Elon has a lot on his plate but it astounds me how time consuming and expensive it is to build a decent quality family house. Come on Elon, it's the logical extension of solar roof and residential hvac! Disrupt global house building please!