Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you care-bear-raiders realize that your attempts at FUD actually cause amusement?

I am curious as to how you "work", though. Did you decide to come here on your own? Or is there a group chat / forum somewhere? What other sorts of locations are you targeting? How do you decide on them? How do you decide on when to launch these campaigns? What's the details of the market play that you (either the singular or plural form of "you") are propping up?

I'd love to know what's behind the curtain of how you "work". You'd not be spoiling anything, because FYI, you're not going to find marks here.

Craigslist. Easier for them to find work in an election year.

craigslist.jpg

Cheers!

The most generic of advice. Protect yourself.

2 fundamental rules.
1. Don’t lose.
2. Follow rule #1

We all love Tesla, but protect yourselves.

hysteria has overtaken , and nobody knows when it will subside.
Everybody is in a different situation.
I feel very nervous to sell knowing I have to pay taxes and then have to be on the watch to try to find an advantageous point to re-enter that might never happen.

I feel much better just riding it. With a 296 entry point what am I losing if the stock goes back to, say, 500 for few weeks or months? And what could I lose if I time things wrong in addition to my sleep?

If you are on margin, you need the cash, you want to try to time it or you are in a different emotional situation, please do things differently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/02/26/hydrogen-fuel-cell-cars/

'Ally Rose said she pulled up to the Woodland Hills fueling station in her 2018 Toyota Mirai one day when the driver of another hydrogen-fuel-cell vehicle abruptly approached from behind and slammed down the fuel lever.

“You’re done,” he said, according to Rose, who said the owner was wary that her car would suck the last drops of hydrogen from the only station for miles.

Amid her chronic inability to fuel, Rose persuaded Toyota to pay for her to rent a car: a Tesla Model 3.'

:p

That's hilarious.

Also this:

' Many Saturdays, amateur photographer Tadashi Ogitsu treks the roughly 160 miles up to Yosemite National Park to attempt the perfect shot, timing his arrival to the golden hour before sunset. But he wanted an electric vehicle to lessen the environmental impact.

Concerned about charge times and range limitations of the current crop of plug-in vehicles, the 54-year-old settled on a Honda Clarity, a sensible four-door sedan. But it doesn’t run on gasoline. Ogitsu’s car is a hydrogen-fuel-cell vehicle, which allows him make the round trip from the Bay Area and back on a single tank of fuel.

“I wouldn’t have any chance using battery-electric” said Ogitsu, who works as a physicist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. “There is no flexibility.”'

I guess nobody told him about the Supercharger in Groveland...

Last edited:
IMO, this stock could use another Elon Stimulus Package (ESP). Like a LeMR riddle just to get people's curiosity and interest... and the crowd is a lot bigger now. Maybe a battery riddle. It gets people saying "I wonder if it's <all things possible>." All a part of accepting the-future-is-here, Roadsters will fly, and FSD is safer. Pull some deniers up the adoption curve.

Of course, DON'T TWEET is what some would argue here. Myself, I love them and shows confidence in leadership as do the games and farts.
I'll never understand this "the stock price is down, that makes me want to sell" logic. Unless one is a day trader and has no particular view on the long-term fate of the company. Or thinks they can out-time the market. "Sell on the way down, buy on the way up" is a losing strategy. You should only sell on the way down if you think the company is going down the tubes, for the long term.
I prefer to time the market. (kidding, but called it).

• Funny
Reactions: Eugene Ash
That's hilarious.

Also this"

'Concerned about charge times and range limitations of the current crop of plug-in vehicles, the 54-year-old settled on a Honda Clarity, a sensible four-door sedan. But it doesn’t run on gasoline. Ogitsu’s car is a hydrogen-fuel-cell vehicle, which allows him make the round trip from the Bay Area and back on a single tank of fuel.

“I wouldn’t have any chance using battery-electric” said Ogitsu, who works as a physicist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. “There is no flexibility.”'

I guess nobody told him about the Supercharger in Groveland...
I saw that too. I wondered when someone would figure out the options for him.

I guess retail investors are not only smarter than market analysts, they’re smarter than nuclear physicists too.

Bye bye ... All-time high we will see you after the summer :( maybe good time to short till we hit 500s?
"Registrations of new Tesla Inc. cars in China plunged 46% in January from a month earlier as the Lunar New Year holiday and an emerging coronavirus outbreak kept vehicle buyers away.

Last month, 3,563 Teslas were registered in China, down from 6,643 in December, according to state-backed China Automotive Information Net, which gathers industry data based on insurance purchases. Of the January registrations, 2,605 were for cars built in China."

Tesla China Registrations Dropped Before Brunt of Virus Impact

Wow, those numbers are good! We know they produced 2,625 Model 3 in China in January and even if those were all delivered in that month (unlikely) it means they sold almost 1,000 more Model S, X and Model 3 LR, in what is always the weakest month of the quarter (no boats).

Bought my first shares back in 2013, got my first car back in 2013 and have bought three more after that. So I love the company, but I think it's fair to address the possibility that we now might see a substantial drop even though we are headed higher down the road.

You're not making any more sense than you made the first time. If you are convinced we are headed higher down the road and yet a "substantial drop" in the interim is only a "possibility", why would you sell between now and then? Are your Tesla shares highly leveraged? Is your brokerage account margined? Do you need to liquidate your shares within a year or two? Do you see a substantially better investment that you need the capital for?

If so, I totally get why you would sell at such a low price (relative to the likely future value). If not, it seems reckless to sell here.

I'm fully cost averaged out on my shorter term leveraged positions and non core holdings. I fully believe Tesla will be one of the best places after these fears subside, so I'll be averaging back in if we drop down (and may open a call to rebuy at these levels or under). If we turn around drastically, you can thank me later ;)

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Everybody is in a different situation.
I feel very nervous to sell knowing I have to pay taxes and then have to be on the watch to try to find an advantageous point to re-enter that might never happen.

I feel much better just riding it. With a 296 entry point what am I losing if the stock goes back to, say, 500 for few weeks or months? And what could I lose if I time things wrong in addition to my sleep?

If you are on margin, you need the cash, you want to try to time it or you are in a different emotional situation, please do things differently.
For people that aren’t in a Roth IRA wouldn’t it be better to sell now, pay the taxes while rates are low, then rebuy starting a new basis? This doesn’t even factor in the possible falling price over the next few weeks

I do not understand why some people on the forum are so quick to dismiss the whole Coronavirus deal as temporary, so much so that TSLA prices right now are screaming buys.

No, it is not the apocalypse. No, it will not destroy the modern industrial economy. It will not even destroy Tesla and I believe like many here that this will ultimately help Tesla, unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because there is an undeniable price for this ultimate help. Paid in the blood and tears of potentially millions of people. I think that a one percent death rate may be a very real number for this disease. A global pandemic with a few hundred million, or even, worst case, a couple of billion of infections will yield millions of deaths! I do not see why this can be contained. It was obvious from the inception that hundreds of thousands of people had fled the Wuhan region prior to quarantine and had dispersed throughout the world. If one hundred of them were infected it is game over for any type of containment plan in the form of quarantine. Really hope I am wrong. Don’t want anyone I know to be infected including me.

I have read posts on this site about how it preferentially kills old people, and that this is ultimately good for the economy. It may even save China from the horrible demographics they have right now with their older population overhang. I am so happy to have such clear eyed pragmatists on board. I will refrain from firing back. I am assuming that no one actually wants this to happen. But statements like this....

TSLA will recover and dominate the EV future. A workable vaccine should be had by beginning of 2021. Possibly. Therapies will probably be available sooner than that. This disease will probably be with us on an annual basis going forward, another scourge of the human condition that we deal with and manage and soon enough accept as the state of the world. Maybe in the relatively near future our new biological technologies can knock out diseases like this permanently. But the price will have been paid.

On the financial side to dismiss this as a catalyst for a true and many say long overdue recession and bear market is folly. I am not saying sell your long terms. Quite the opposite, it is times like these when true fortunes can be made. But don’t be afraid to keep dry powder. Scale into positions if the stock continues to go down. Margin can be so deadly in times like this. The same thing happened to the TSLAQ crew on the way up. Don’t let it happen to you.

Very difficult to forecast a price on TSLA with the indexes down another 25% from here. Tesla will most certainly be doing fantastic. TSLA? No idea. Maybe the financial scars of 2000 and 2008 are not allowing me to think clearly. After all, today’s markets can never go down like that again. Right?

You're not making any more sense than you made the first time. If you are convinced we are headed higher down the road and yet a "substantial drop" in the interim is only a "possibility", why would you sell between now and then? Are your Tesla shares highly leveraged? Is your brokerage account margined? Do you need to liquidate your shares within a year or two? Do you see a substantially better investment that you need the capital for?

If so, I totally get why you would sell at such a low price (relative to the likely future value). If not, it seems reckless to sell here.

So blindly ignore the fear that spreads through the markets and the fact that we just passed 420 this January? I remember the way from 380 to 180, it was not pleasant(I know this is a different case).

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
"Sell on the way down, buy on the way up" is a losing strategy.
I agree.

I ignore the little gyrations in stock price that day traders think they can game, but when there are LARGE "technical" movements I progressively sell on the way up and progressively buy on the way down (positive company fundamentals presumed.)

Last edited: